Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Exclamation

Grigorenko is staying with the team. Will play tonight.
    @SmittysRant

Default 1.29.2013: Update - Pt II

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Thanks for the opinion on Brennan - I did end up dropping him for Larsen and was rewarded with a PP goal tonight.

I have to agree on Ruff - the team needs a new identity and has some decent skilled players to work with. Grigs on the 4th line? Makes no sense, send him down if you are going to do that. Sure rookies need to learn how to play in their own end but man, play to his strengths!
    lol....ah, life. Don't thank me too quickly, PD. Just made aware of the following updates for tonight's game vs the Maple Leafs:

Vanek - IN
    Grigs - IN (as previously mentioned)
    Sulzer - OUT
    TJ Brennan - IN (eh-heh...oops)
    Regehr - OUT (LBI)
    Weber - IN

So ya, once again Ruff likes to screw w/me. I still don't believe this changes Brennan's status as anything more than a stash-and-hope dman.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bomm Bastic -- really enjoy reading your stuff and wanted to say thanks very much for keeping displaced Buffalonians like myself up to date on the happenings in Sabreland.

Interested to hear your perspective on Grigorenko, and whether you've heard any rumblings of how Ruff and Co. intend to use him this year. My take based on experience is that Ruff is generally hesitant to use young players in key situations, and that a brain cramp, sloppy turnover or defensive lapse can make a player find himself stapled to the bench or in the press box pretty quickly. Best case scenario often finds said player dropped down a line or two...

Obviously, Grigs does not seem like the type of player who can thrive on the 4th line (might be able to get by with 3rd line minutes this season, assuming he also gets some PP time to show/use his skill and what they drafted/pay him for).

In any event, would love to hear your thoughts on the situation now that Grigorenko will be staying up with the big club (at least for long enough to have his entry level contract kick in).

Cheers and thanks again!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

The Magnificent One

Can u please fill me in on OTT's role on this team please? I'm in a FW league and e was gold last year being a w,c in yahoo. I dont see him repeating those numbers but what can we expect all around from him. Thanxs
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Can u please fill me in on OTT's role on this team please? I'm in a FW league and e was gold last year being a w,c in yahoo. I dont see him repeating those numbers but what can we expect all around from him. Thanxs
    Uh, I assume you're referring to face-offs. Honestly, I haven't looked at his particular stats. I know generally, Ennis, Hodgson, and Hecht have been taking the face offs...and performing miserably. So if he's not, Ott needs to be in my opinion. Lord knows Ruff discussed that aspect of his game enough since acquiring him.

Mostly third line, but scoring is such a crap shoot at this point Ruff will def try him on the second line. He could stick.

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Bomm Bastic -- really enjoy reading your stuff and wanted to say thanks very much for keeping displaced Buffalonians like myself up to date on the happenings in Sabreland.

Interested to hear your perspective on Grigorenko, and whether you've heard any rumblings of how Ruff and Co. intend to use him this year. My take based on experience is that Ruff is generally hesitant to use young players in key situations, and that a brain cramp, sloppy turnover or defensive lapse can make a player find himself stapled to the bench or in the press box pretty quickly. Best case scenario often finds said player dropped down a line or two...

Obviously, Grigs does not seem like the type of player who can thrive on the 4th line (might be able to get by with 3rd line minutes this season, assuming he also gets some PP time to show/use his skill and what they drafted/pay him for).

In any event, would love to hear your thoughts on the situation now that Grigorenko will be staying up with the big club (at least for long enough to have his entry level contract kick in).

Cheers and thanks again!
    Dejeanneret, what's up brother? Appreciate the kind words, thanks.Great avatar!!

Not to go off on yet another rant, I touched on your question here...

I'd love to see Ennis-Grigs-Ott on the second line, but Foligno has fought hard to be on that line and deserves to be. Stafford should see 3rd line duty, until further notice.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Just a little preview of what you Buffalo fans will get to see tonight:

That's your beloved savior Steve Ott hugging the ref to try to hide from Shawn Thornton.

Sorry for the trolling, but you know I've got to do it to a division rival.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Scott vs. Lucic? What's the likelihood? Better than 50%?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Scott vs. Lucic? What's the likelihood? Better than 50%?
    Lucic shouldn't be wasting his time with a plug like Scott. Maybe Ott, but even then Lucic is more valuable on the ice than in the box. That said, a tag team cage match between Scott and Thornton and Lucic versus Ott, wouldn't make me turn away.

I would love to see a Marchand versus Kaleta, but you know, Kaleta kinda just got out of the hospital.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Lucic versus Ott
    Lucic would destroy Ott. I don't think Ott is stupid enough to get involved.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Just a little preview of what you Buffalo fans will get to see tonight:

That's your beloved savior Steve Ott hugging the ref to try to hide from Shawn Thornton.

Sorry for the trolling, but you know I've got to do it to a division rival.
    Is that why Julien is dressing Lane MacDermid - cuz Thornton is so tough??

Meh...we'll see. To be fair, it's easier on Thornton when you have four/ five other guys that are more than capable of filling in. Ott's got John Scott (all 4 mins of ice time).

Besides, we're 16-9-7 over the last 5rs vs Bruins. I'd rather have the wins, thanks.

Anywho....Sabres should lose this one miserably, if their recent performance is any indication. However, as I have stated before the way to beat the Bruins is at their own game. That is not to be confused with fighting.

The Bruins are easily goaded into penalties when faced against a team with a forecheck as punishing or relentless as theirs. Do that - for a full 60 mins - AND produce on the ensuing power plays, and VOILA! You will win every time.

For the Sabres to win...

1. Miller HAS to get his sh!t together. Only thing worse than whining is whining in monotone.

2. Myers has to pull his physical game out of his arse. Dust it off. And hit a mutha.

3. Gerbe has to be a pest...and then get the hell outta the way.

4. Forecheck, forecheck, forecheck and forecheck some more. If the Sabres time of possession can't improve, this is even more important than ever.

5. Second and third lines need to score.

Easy Peasy...right?
    @SmittysRant

Scott-1
    Thornton-0
    @SmittysRant

Lady Gaga - Poker Face
    Rush - Subdivisions

The ultimate lounge gig - hockey arena organist. Gotta see if sabres are accepting apps.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Scott-1
    Thornton-0
    Yeah he owned Thornton for sure in that fight. Also Thornton is injured as well. Won't return tonight. Unsure of injury but he took quite a few head shots in those series of punches from Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Yeah he owned Thornton for sure in that fight. Also Thornton is injured as well. Won't return tonight. Unsure of injury but he took quite a few head shots in those series of punches from Scott.
    Yeah now if only Scott can do that to Chara, Lucic, Marchand, Seguin...we might have a chance.
    @SmittysRant

Well there it is. Buffalo clearly outplayed by Boston in that second period. BUT lime I said previously, get the Bruins into some penalties and capitalize on the PP, and POOF...tie game at three.

If Sabres win, tonights first star should be Milan Lucic.
    @SmittysRant