Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Kaleta scored, end of days is near.
    @SmittysRant

Default News & Notes - 4/8

• Last night's win - as ugly as it was - was the Sabres third straight
    • Ugly due to the Devils forecheck + Sabres continued inability to get out of their own end.
    • As an example: at one point in the first Porter's line was hemmed in for 2+ mins. Port, obviously exhausted, cross checks a Devils player, gets the 2 mins in the sin bin. And the Devils score on the subsequent PP.
    • Being caught on the ice for 2+ mins happened on more than one occasion. So it's obviously something they need to work on. At one point the play-by-play guy - echoeing my own sentiment - stated that if you didn't know any better you'd think the Devils were on the power play despite it being 5-on-5.
    • Speaking of the power play....
    • The Sabres hold the dubious honor of the NHL league high 7 short handed goals allowed. WHO-RAY!
    • But they won. They hung in and won. So credit due.
    • Good to see Gerbe get one (in the shootout). Three shots on the night and one hit. I suspect his hit totals will drop off should he stick on the top line. Which is good...imo. He should stick to skating and shooting, creating chances etc.
    • John Scott w/ 9+ TOI. A result of the Sabres being 'sellers' at the deadline. Think ranks, as it were.
    • Speaking of ice time....Myers is taking in 25 mins over the last four games and is a +4 over that span (minus-4 on the year). Still not good for poolies expecting points. But for a fan it's nice to see the uptick.
    • His periphs still stink, but poolies in W/L leagues in need of a fill-in or maybe a #2 could use Miller. Wins will be ugly but he'll get enough to be serviceable.
    @SmittysRant

Default News & Notes - 4/10

• The streak ends at three, with another underwhelming performance at Winnipeg last night. Boy there's a boisterous crowd for ya. Impressive.
    • Vanek returned. Luke Adam was the sacrificial lamb.
    • Vanek, Ennis, and Stafford all a minus-4 on the night.
    • 30 SOG and only 2 PIM on the night. Those numbers were good.
    • Hits were low (22) and they missed three PP opportunities.
    • In my most recent Studs & Duds I called out Jets captain, Andrew Ladd, for failing to score enough.
    • Note to self: check Sabres schedule prior to calling out potential opponents.
    • Ehrhoff and Myers: minus-3 respectively
    • Ville Leino is most likely done for the season...[crickets chirping]
    • I SAID VILLE LIENO.....never mind
    • Fan fav, Nathan Gerbe will be traded, waive or relegated to fourth line - my guess. His willingness and ethic will never be questioned. However, his style is rendered ineffectual due to his size. He tries to be too physical and as a result gets the beat-down, night after night. Anyone see him in front of Pavelec last night?? Hell I woke up sore this morning, just from watching it.
    • Gerbe has eight points on the year and is a minus-1. Hecht has 12 pts and is a plus-6 and I don't hear anyone pleading for him to stay.
    • Here's a stat for ya. The Sabres are a minus-13 in second periods this year.
    • Two home games on deck. Thursday versus Canadiens. Saturday versus Philly. Look for Enroth in net for one of them.
    @SmittysRant

Thumbs down News & Notes - 4/12

• Can't wait 'till football season!
    • [sigh] 15 shots on goal...all night. The Sabres were completely out worked (just in case that needed to be said)
    • Be interesting to see how they perform for the remaining seven games.
    • If for any other reason, I hope they trade Miller just so I don't have to listen to his post game interviews. Nothing worse than monotone whining - like nails on a chalkboard.
    • 15 shots....about says it all. Don't it?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    • Can't wait 'till football season!
    • [sigh] 15 shots on goal...all night. The Sabres were completely out worked (just in case that needed to be said)
    • Be interesting to see how they perform for the remaining seven games.
    • If for any other reason, I hope they trade Miller just so I don't have to listen to his post game interviews. Nothing worse than monotone whining - like nails on a chalkboard.
    • 15 shots....about says it all. Don't it?
    You forgot Otter's rather unorthodox method for getting in his opponent's head....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-...083535444.html

Just when you thought you'd seen everything.....
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Icon

With Myers out for the year, will we finally see McNabb called up?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I thought McNabb got injured very recently and he's also out for the year. Knee possibly?
    GO WINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I thought McNabb got injured very recently and he's also out for the year. Knee possibly?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    With Myers out for the year, will we finally see McNabb called up?
    Dunno about McNabb's injury, but the guy they're talking about bringing up is Alex Biega.

Now that's an oddity to me as much as it is to you (or maybe more so) Never heard of the guy, but Pardy seems to believe he has smooth hands - an offensive defensemen.

Gotta be honest...first I have heard of him.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Oy. Sabres are going to point themselves right outta the lottery and just out of the playoffs when the fat lady was already good and warmed up.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Stud

Who needs a lottery pick when you've got Enroth?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Deity

Buffalo has just recalled Grigorenko now that his Remparts have been eliminated from the Q playoffs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloSa...0316128256?p=v
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Buffalo has just recalled Grigorenko now that his Remparts have been eliminated from the Q playoffs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloSa...0316128256?p=v
    Interesting. Hopefully they give him some quality TOI to really get his feet wet, instead of putting him with John Scott, Kaleta and the other band of misfists with whom he was (ir)regularly hopping over the boards earlier in the season.

Just concerned that the coaching staff and management continue to put him on the back burner due to lingering hopes of somehow sneaking in as the eighth seed this season.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you guys can dig anything up on who is starting tomorrow Enroth or Miller I would apprecaite it! In the semis and Price and Rinne didn't get me off to a great start, hoping they ride Enroths hot hand.

You have nay news to pass along conerning this at all Bomm?
    Last edited by TrueNorth; April 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    If you guys can dig anything up on who is starting tomorrow Enroth or Miller I would apprecaite it! In the semis and Price and Rinne didn't get me off to a great start, hoping they ride Enroths hot hand.

You have nay news to pass along conerning this at all Bomm?
    Let you know as soon as I hear. He's won back-to-back and I know in his mind he deserves another. But honestly if Enroth started his third straight that would send a clear message to both the team and the league.

Wouldn't be surprised but....

Grigs is up so Rolston can see him in practice. No guarantee he sticks, and may be sent to AHL.
    @SmittysRant

Word is Miller is starting tonight. Not confirmed but that's the chatter out of Boston.
    @SmittysRant