Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Guru

a couple of twitter updates:

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
    Sounds like Ryan Miller (sinus infection) won't be in net tonight for the #Sabres.

Tyler Ennis also out of Sabres lineup.

Sabres coach Ron Rolston says Rangers seeking retribution for Kaleta hit on Richards a "possibility." Adds #NYR are "normally edgy."

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres
    Ville Leino skating on RW on line with Grigorenko (C) & Ott (LW). They were expected to be a trio coming out of camp. --^KS

Guys thanks much for all the updates! Crazy busy at work, in addition to a potentially (good) life changing event that I won't comment on further until confirmed - lest I put the jinx on.

Anyway, great to see all you guys posting and just thanks again. So I have a moment to breathe...

Telling quote burped by Ryan Miller

Do we become a younger team or do we become a team that’s going to build and try to get this core group of guys a chance to move forward?" Miller said. "Or are we not the core anymore? Who knows? They’re not decisions we make. We react off management and circumstance
    And that's really the question Sabres fans and pundits are chewing on: Rebuild or Push?

I prefer the former, w/one caveat - I'm not sold on Regier's ability to execute such a strategy.

See, when Regier was posed the same question (ie, whether he has considered a rebuild) he waffled in his response. Now I know he won't unequivocally state his strategy, but his "well, ya know there really is no clear cut path it depends blah-blah-blah" non-response couched in vague uncertainty...to me....is why the Sabres today lack an identity.

Seems he wants the best of both startegies and it's not working. The Sabres now consist of 2nd and 3rd line forwards, combined with rookies and a goalie incapable of masking the teams deficiencies as he was once able. That is not a recipe for success.

Vanek, Pominville, Ennis, Stafford are good players (to varying degrees), however, they are not team leaders. Nor can they carry the team on their back when the game is on the line. Vanek perhaps, if he had the right linemates, but collectively they are not physical enough to dictate game tempo nor do they possess the ability to force their will upon their oppoenent. Fleeting glimpses, perhaps, w/in a period. But not for a full sixty, and certainly not for 120, 180, 240, or the 300 minutes needed to string together the volume of wins needed to be considered a dominant team.

The best line of recent, the line most capable of sustained pressure has been Foligno/Flynn/Porter - the 3rd line. So in my view Miller, Vanek, Pominville (among others) should all be in play between now and the deadline. It's the only viable solution to changing this team's identity for the better.

To draw analogy we men can relate, a bologna sandwich is layered thusly: bread/bologna/bread. Now you could if you were inclined to do so, rearrange the layered order to bologna/bread/bologna/bread but it's STILL a bologna sandwich (albeit an unorthodox one).

Point being, if Regier chose to stand pat and not obtain game changing, leaders....Rolston could put Vanek, Pominville, Stafford et al on any line he wants - he'd still have a bologna sandwich (so to speak). Expecting a Reuben or pastrami on rye is illogical.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm hungry all of a sudden.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; March 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    So in my view Miller, Vanek, Pominville (among others) should all be in play between now and the deadline. It's the only viable solution to changing this team's identity for the better.
    I'm asking this as a current Miller owner: What would you say is a realistic chance of Miller getting shipped out before the deadline? Is it more likely he stay than get traded?

I feel like Buffalo could get quite a bit from a team that really needs net help, but if they trade him in a hasty deal before the deadline then they won't be maximizing their return. That leads me to believe they won't rush to move him before the deadline.

I've been trying to trade Miller off my squad, but he'd be a much better fantasy option if he were sent to a team with a better D in front of him.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Quote Originally Posted by NJDev803 View Post
    I'm asking this as a current Miller owner: What would you say is a realistic chance of Miller getting shipped out before the deadline? Is it more likely he stay than get traded?

I feel like Buffalo could get quite a bit from a team that really needs net help, but if they trade him in a hasty deal before the deadline then they won't be maximizing their return. That leads me to believe they won't rush to move him before the deadline.

I've been trying to trade Miller off my squad, but he'd be a much better fantasy option if he were sent to a team with a better D in front of him.
    Honestly, i would suspect one of the forwards to be moved before Miller. One the demand for a goalie just isn't there, especially w/Bernier and Luongo still floating around out there. Moving Miller for picks makes no sense the Sabres prospects are pretty deep and ya figure they'll be getting a high pick in 2013. So if Miller is moved it would be a for top, immediate impact forward.

Perry? Sure but do the Ducks need Miller? No.

Rebiero? Nah. He's sneaky, but Sabres fans would storm the bastille if Miller would moved for him.

Islanders need some goalie help, but only Tavares would fit that bill. And I don't sense the Islanders willing to sacrifice their franchise forward. Not yet.

One interesting destination could be Florida. They really need goalie help and Miller would certainly fulfill that need. Huberdeau would be the obvious player coming back and I for one would sport some major chub if that were to occur. I just don't see Regier moving Miller for another young kid, despite Huberdeau's extreme potential.

That's why I think, one or combo of Pommer, Gerbe, Stafford, hecht, Kaleta, and any d-man + a pick for a vet impact forward is the move ultimately made.

Don't forget Robyn Regehr will soon be a UFA, get him to give up his no trade clause to go to a contender out west, and all of a sudden Pominville + Regehr + pick for Perry+ looks really doable.

I like the Miller+ to Florida for Huberdeau+, but if Perry is indeed on the market HE is exactly the type of player this Sabres team is in desperate need of.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Guys thanks much for all the updates! Crazy busy at work, in addition to a potentially (good) life changing event that I won't comment on further until confirmed - lest I put the jinx on.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm hungry all of a sudden.
    Hungry for what Bomm? Bologna or pickles and ice cream?

I'm thinking somebody (Mrs. Bomm) may have a bun in the oven?

If so, no jinxes...but Congrats.

If not, maybe it's just another beer shipment from Belgium.

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Grigorenko was reassigned to the Q. Leino looking to return tomorrow vs. the Sens. Ennis is probably back too.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Grigorenko was reassigned to the Q.
    ..probly best thing for this guy.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Icon

I see McNabb is still putting up good points in the A - do you see him full time in the bigs next season? Brennan has a much better pts/game ratio but McNabb is a much more rounded D. Early but I am thinking about my keepers already :P

/edit: Well, Brennan's out!
    Last edited by PrairieDog; March 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Magnificent One

Who can give me a bit more insight into armia, what type of player he will be and when we might see him in the NHL? Thank you
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Pysyk has been recalled to fill in for Sekera. I look forward to watching him play albeit probably limited TOI.

Thanks for all the questions. I'll get to them all later when I settle in for the eve. I have to get se things done right now since the studs and duds piece ate up most of my morning.

Thanks all
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Who can give me a bit more insight into armia, what type of player he will be and when we might see him in the NHL? Thank you
    Power forward. He should be full time AHL next year, figure 2014-15 full time Sabres duty. 2015 till he's fantasy relevant in any way. He's a farm guy in deep leagues at this point. And between now and then a lot could happen. Solid long term investment, but there's always risk with those types.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I see McNabb is still putting up good points in the A - do you see him full time in the bigs next season? Brennan has a much better pts/game ratio but McNabb is a much more rounded D. Early but I am thinking about my keepers already :P

/edit: Well, Brennan's out!
    I really expect McNabb full time next year. The Sabres D unit is quantity over quality at this point so there really isn't anyone stopping him but himself. Staying down is the best thing for him at this point. I still say solid long term investment in multi cat leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    ..probly best thing for this guy.
    Agreed.
    @SmittysRant

The Magnificent One

Thanks so is he more of a clarkson scoring power forward or not? My league doesn't count hits, blks, or pims. Should I look to move him? I have gotten alot of interest for him.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Thanks so is he more of a clarkson scoring power forward or not? My league doesn't count hits, blks, or pims. Should I look to move him? I have gotten alot of interest for him.
    Yeah mive him if you can get good return. Too many variables between now and then, and given your league cats the risk/reward isn't there for ya.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

As of the 2nd period, they look awful against the Caps tonight, very disorganized, losing tons of battles, and giving up prime scoring chances easily.