Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    yup, I like the Pettersson pick and can't wait to see him on a line with Dahlen in a nucks uniform.
    I'd be more excited to see him with Boeser... Dahlen I see as more of a tweener 2nd/3rd line guy... Pettersson hopefully will develop into #1C -- there were some comparison' to Backstrom at the draft with Pettersson... if he even comes close!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm excited to watch Boeser this coming season, EP will be 2 years out Dahlen was one of the reasons the nucks drafted EP - I think Zetterberg is a good comparable as well - EP could be a bit bigger, he's taller.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm still not a fan of the 'Nucks, but they appear to finally going in the right direction. Erickson is an albatross, and there's still the Sedins, likely for another 2-3 years.. and you're stuck with Edler. The only real trade chip is Tanev, that's not happening now until maybe trade deadline

The Great One

Theres obviously a lot of pain for the Canucks and this team is likely 3-5 years away from making any real noise again. They will get better as they stock pile potential. It's a good time to jump on their prospects before the herd makes it crowded.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Theres obviously a lot of pain for the Canucks and this team is likely 3-5 years away from making any real noise again. They will get better as they stock pile potential. It's a good time to jump on their prospects before the herd makes it crowded.
    Totally... they're going in the right direction, but the prospect pool is still too shallow. Right now they need everything to go right to be competitive in 3-4 years. A good pool gives you the depth to take a few higher pick misses and survive them. A rejuvenation of Virtanen would go a long way... Gaudette softens the blow

Dobber Sports Pro

what they need is some luck at the draft lottery, its painful to watch them screwed. A first overall pick would really help move the rebuild timeline up.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Monster

does the recent signings make them much closer to making the playoffs or are they still in the 10th-15th range in the western conference for next season

Dobber Sports Apprentice

All stars could align with a bunch of their acquisitions really gelling and they squeak into the final playoff spot, but realistically they probably stumble their way through the league until the Sedins move on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    does the recent signings make them much closer to making the playoffs or are they still in the 10th-15th range in the western conference for next season
    no, the recent signing are mostly replacements for players lost - sbisa, trymkin, miller. from canucks army - i agree - :
    Overall Grade: B+. The Canucks have been the targets of frequent criticism since Jim Benning has taken over as GM, most of it earned. But they appear to have finally decided which side of the rebuild/compete divide to plant their flag on. The signings they made on Saturday aren’t designed to turn the team into a contender overnight.

If you pay attention for longer than 30 seconds, it’s actually pretty easy to understand what the Canucks are doing. They’re in the process of rebuilding, but lack NHL-ready prospects to step into the lineup, especially on the blue line. They addressed the departures of Luca Sbisa, Nikita Tryamkin, and Ryan Miller, added an insurance policy for Henrik Sedin, and increased their pool of tradeable assets. They didn’t tie themselves to anything long-term, and most importantly, they didn’t put themselves in a position like the one they were in two years ago where they were forced to rush prospects into the NHL. If the Canucks were “losers” on Saturday, one can’t help but wonder what they could have possibly done to avoid such a label.

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Canucks need to win games to avoid being labelled losers. Just like every other team. I actually like what they are doing though.

Dobber Sports Pro

EP looking pretty good in development camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClgVL38IcOA

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Made the defenseman look like an idiot on the second goal.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If the Nucks are smart, they'll hold as many prospects in the minors as possible this year. This is the year they need to tank, not 16/17 season. A lot better options sit in the top 5 this coming season. Game changers. Don't expose your elite prospects to this potential disaster. Boeser could likely be the lone exception to this... although, AHL wouldn't hurt him either

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If the Nucks are smart, they'll hold as many prospects in the minors as possible this year. This is the year they need to tank, not 16/17 season. A lot better options sit in the top 5 this coming season. Game changers. Don't expose your elite prospects to this potential disaster. Boeser could likely be the lone exception to this... although, AHL wouldn't hurt him either
    LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL!
    didn't take long for someone to pick that up... heh