Page 62 of 97 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Sorry, I meant #5.. If it is Dubois, does he play the year in Vancouver??
    Seems unlikely. But if Higgins and Burrows are bought out or traded, and the Canucks come out empty-handed during free agency, then there's a chance if he has a superb camp.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Where I don't have confidence is Benning not trading the number 5 pick. Hoping he doesn't.
    Ugh. I'm so afraid of this.
    I'm afraid he'll deal the pick for a player that won't bring us anything more than a few wins.
    I'm afraid he'll go off the board and take a guy like Brown instead of the seemingly consensus Dubois/Tkachuk.

The one thing I wish would happen is a trade down a few picks to get one of the D-men.

If I'm Benning, I wait for Edmonton to take Tkachuk and call Bergevin: "Hey Bergy, this Dubois kid sounds French. I think you want him. Give us your 1st and toss in your two 2nds and you get the French kid."

Of course, Benning would toss those 2nd rounders into later trades for no reason, but....
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Ugh. I'm so afraid of this.
    I'm afraid he'll deal the pick for a player that won't bring us anything more than a few wins.
    I'm afraid he'll go off the board and take a guy like Brown instead of the seemingly consensus Dubois/Tkachuk.

The one thing I wish would happen is a trade down a few picks to get one of the D-men.

If I'm Benning, I wait for Edmonton to take Tkachuk and call Bergevin: "Hey Bergy, this Dubois kid sounds French. I think you want him. Give us your 1st and toss in your two 2nds and you get the French kid."

Of course, Benning would toss those 2nd rounders into later trades for no reason, but....
    If you were Benning, you probably wouldn't be drafting in the 5th hole anyway.

In your example though, I think you are giving Benning too much credit that he will make a smart trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I like dman pick.

Canucks signed etem for 790k one year and waived Higgins so now they have about 10 mill in cap space - to fill the ? - Eriksson? Stamkos? Lucic?

Sedin Sedin ?
    Virtanen Horvat Baertschi
    Hansen Sutter Burrows
    Dorsett Granlund Etem

Edler Tanev
    Guds Hutton
    Sbisa Trymkin
    Biega

Miller
    Markstrom
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like dman pick.

Canucks signed etem for 790k one year and waived Higgins so now they have about 10 mill in cap space - to fill the ? - Eriksson? Stamkos? Lucic?

Sedin Sedin ?
    Virtanen Horvat Baertschi
    Hansen Sutter Burrows
    Dorsett Granlund Etem

Edler Tanev
    Guds Hutton
    Sbisa Trymkin
    Biega

Miller
    Markstrom
    Not enough for Stamkos. Okposo would look good up there. Although so did Vrbata when he had that spot, like so many others.
    That second line is pretty weak by today's standards.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Not enough for Stamkos. Okposo would look good up there. Although so did Vrbata when he had that spot, like so many others.
    That second line is pretty weak by today's standards.
    I certainly hope they wouldn't sign Stamkos for more than 10. I sure hope its not Okposo

thats not necessary the second line - thats just the roster thats signed so far for next year. They have close to 11 mill to spend on help up front.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Titan

I certainly hope they wouldn't sign Stamkos for more than 10. I sure hope its not Okposo

thats not necessary the second line - thats just the roster thats signed so far for next year. They have close to 11 mill to spend on help up front.
    If they can sign two wingers, it doesn't look terrible the way it is, and pushing Baertschi down one line.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

I actually hope they do something like this. Skip out on the overpriced hot free agents. Unless its Stamkos for anything less then 11. Then sign guys like Boedker who's only 26 and ... Vanek. Boedker will want about 5.5 and term. It's a little steep but he's young at least. Vanek coming off a buy out is looking for the typical one year let's see what you can still do contract. Say you can get him at 2.5 million. Now our lines could look something like this.

Sedin Sedin Hansen
    Boedker Horvat Vanek
    Baertschi Sutter Burrows
    Dorsett Granlund Etem
    Virtanen

Edler Tanev
    Guds Hutton
    Sbisa Trymkin
    Biega

Miller
    Markstrom
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree - nothing long term - 2 years tops - match Sedins contract. I somehow don't think Benning is on the same page.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Louie on the top line with the Sedins

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree - nothing long term - 2 years tops - match Sedins contract. I somehow don't think Benning is on the same page.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Louie on the top line with the Sedins
    Stecher looks like the real deal, big debut last night - d future looks a lot brighter with him and OJ back there.

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Expert

MARKUS GRANLUND Update???

Dobber Sports Genius

Two nice wins to start the season. I will admit it I thought they were done last night after the first two goals. I mean the Canucks scoring 3 goals in a game? Not Likely. Well they came back with 4.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm hoping that all of the critics who minimize Bo's game are wrong. He shows some serious flashes of brilliance at times, and that's on top of him being a solid defensive centerman at the age of 21.

That goal last night was a beauty. Good positioning, quick hands, fast release on his backhand.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'm hoping that all of the critics who minimize Bo's game are wrong. He shows some serious flashes of brilliance at times, and that's on top of him being a solid defensive centerman at the age of 21.

That goal last night was a beauty. Good positioning, quick hands, fast release on his backhand.
    I agree with this. I have always thought that he has shown flashes to be a higher end offensive force as well. 60-70 points possible Selke candidate in the future. A Kesler without as much grit. Still think we will need one more high octane offensive center to compliment him down the line. 2nd Line Horvat, 3rd Line Sutter and then one more really nice 1st line center in 3 to 5 years to round out the middle.

Dobber Sports Pro

beauty come back game last night. Sure hope Sutter stays healthy all season!

Miller, Lack, Elliot