Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Blake Price ‏@blakeprice1040 2h2 hours ago

I'm told a recall of Jacob Markstrom would be an emergency recall, only requiring waivers if he played in 10 games while Miller was injured.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm honestly not even worried at all. In fact maybe giving Lack the opportunity to start for awhile will show Canucks brass just how important he is to this team/market.

Aside from his blazing hot start Miller has been meh to me this season.

Dobber Sports Expert

CKNW ‏@CKNW 3m3 minutes ago

Expect Jacob Markstrom to be recalled immediately by @vancanucks with the injury to Miller. @CKNW
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports All-Star

Depending on how this little stretch goes without Miller, it's a good showcasing of both Lack and Markstrom. I think it's a strong possibility that one of them will be traded in the offseason.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Expert

This is why we probably won't see that much of Markstrom (Source: ESPN):

Jacob Markstrom cleared waivers in the preseason when the Vancouver Canucks sneaked him down to the AHL.

That would not happen again if Vancouver tried that a second time. Not with the way Markstrom has played this year.

Markstrom was recalled on an emergency basis Monday after starting goalie Ryan Miller flew home to have on MRI done on his lower-body injury. It doesn’t sound as if Miller will play any time soon.

The conditions of the emergency recall are important: If Markstrom plays in 10 games while he’s up, he will be required to clear waivers upon an AHL demotion.

It’s likely he wouldn’t play in 10 games, given that he’s coming up to back up Eddie Lack. So Utica of the AHL should be able to get its standout goalie back at some point before the end of the season without the threat of waivers.

However, if Miller is out for the long term and Markstrom does indeed play in 10 games, it just means the Canucks would keep Markstrom up for the rest of the season and playoffs.

That would be too bad for Utica, but there's no way the Canucks would ever expose Markstrom again after the wonderful year he’s had.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I love the Canucks, but I'm afraid this will be the start of our slide out of the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

As much as I enjoy watching them I'd rather them be out all together than out in the first round. Some good draft picks early on.

Dobber Sports Expert

Dan Murphy retweeted

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 41m41 minutes ago

#Canucks Benning says MRI on Miller confirms sprained knee. Sticking with 4-6 week timeframe.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

We're the best team in the world................

Yep....................................
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Ok Couva fans lets here what you have to say about Matthias. Will he continue this consistancy? What do you expect from him for the rest of year? Who are his linemates? Is he getting some PP time?

Please give me the goods!!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Matthias gets bumped around the lineup a lot but overall he's been very solid. What you see is kind of what you get, he's going to get around 13-15 minutes a night. Not much powerplay opportunity there either. But he's a solid depth scorer in really really deep leagues.

With respect to linemates it's too hard to say because he's been moved around so often due to injuries to Richardson, Bonino, etc. Right now he's skating on the second line I believe with Vrbata and Bonino...but he's also skated on the Vey line as well in the past with Higgins. So yeah, not much fantasy value there unless it's a really deep league.

One thing I would note though is that there is a chance that Vancouver looks to move him as I believe he is a UFA and will be looking at a decent raise come the offseason.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Expert

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford 10m10 minutes ago

Willie considered going markstrom tonight, but lack will start. Team hoping to keep lack humming

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Ok Couva fans lets here what you have to say about Matthias. Will he continue this consistancy? What do you expect from him for the rest of year? Who are his linemates? Is he getting some PP time?

Please give me the goods!!!!
    He has shifts where he completely dominates, really impressive. Other nights you don't even notice him. Personally I think he is playing for a pay raise and will simmer down once he gets a new contract.

Dobber Sports Expert

The goal he scored tonight Vs Buffalo was class Matthias when he's on his game. I agree with bondon though....if he continues t score at this pace, he's in for somebody overpaying to get him.