Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 924

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

  1. #616
    27Blue's Avatar
    27Blue is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I think he is. Imagine him and Faulk anchoring the top pairing there?

    Carolina needs a left side top four guy. Canucks need a scoring top six winger.
    No doubt, that PP would be awesome, especially with the firepower up front. I was thinking more along the lines of a more defensive, minute eating d-man to relieve some of the pressure on their younger offensive d-men. Garrison might actually be of more interest to the Canes becasue he could fill that role and still help the PP. Can't see the Canucks moving him though. Ah, it's fun playing GM.

  2. #617
    hawkdog's Avatar
    hawkdog is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Interesting, will be curious to read it.


    Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I'll have a post up on the CanucksArmy tomorrow detailing five core players who could be on the move (Edler, Burrows, Schroeder - a stretch as a core player, Kesler, and Luongo).

    I think Gillis needs to make some retooling moves, similar to what Holmgren did a few summers ago. Focus on the future but don't sell the farm. With the Sedins around, you will have a top line for another 2-4 years.

    And moving Edler allows for:

    Bieksa/Hamhuis back together (great top pairing)
    Garrison to anchor pairing two, and to move back to the left side

    I like a defense of:

    Hamhuis-Bieksa
    Garrison-TRADE/SIGNING
    TRADE/SIGNING-Tanev

    And bring in a new number seven, and let Corrado play his ass off in the AHL before coming up.

    If Corrado has a great camp, could bump Tanev up with Garrison and put Corrado on P3.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

    Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

    Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

    Miller, Lack, Elliot

  3. #618
    hawkdog's Avatar
    hawkdog is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Jeff Skinner!
    or even Seguin. virtually the same contract.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

    Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

    Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

    Miller, Lack, Elliot

  4. #619
    STONE.'s Avatar
    STONE. is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,481
    Location
    GR
    Rep Power
    41

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Who's on the wish list for next coach?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

    Forwards: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Couture, O'Reilly, Boedker, Coyle, Baertschi, Lindholm, Barbashev, Bjorkstrand, Ennis, Stastny, Burakovsky, Ritchie, Duclair, Lehtera, Nichushkin

    Defense: Suter, Ekblad, Hamilton, Josi, Del Zotto, Theodore, Merrill, C. Murphy, Gormley, Bogosian

    Goal: Dubnyk, Holtby, Vasilevskiy

    Farm: Marner, Nylander, Shinkaruk, Sanheim, Merkley

  5. #620
    pretsel27's Avatar
    pretsel27 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    20

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Tippet? Torts? (once he gets axe'd), Ruff?...i hope none of the above

    My personal preference/choice: Dallas Eakins - i think he deserves and earned the chance to coach in the big show

    Edit: found this article

    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...787/story.html
    Last edited by pretsel27; May 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

  6. #621
    hawkdog's Avatar
    hawkdog is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    Tippet? Torts? (once he gets axe'd), Ruff?...i hope none of the above

    My personal preference/choice: Dallas Eakins - i think he deserves and earned the chance to coach in the big show

    Edit: found this article

    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...787/story.html
    similar article in the Vancouver Province.

    Please no Ruff!!!
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

    Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

    Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

    Miller, Lack, Elliot

  7. #622
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK [Canda]
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    Tippet? Torts? (once he gets axe'd), Ruff?...i hope none of the above

    My personal preference/choice: Dallas Eakins - i think he deserves and earned the chance to coach in the big show

    Edit: found this article

    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...787/story.html
    Good dig and a decent read. I think Tippett would bore the heck out of VAN fans, but the team would put up a formidable win streak and be less fragile mentally and competatively come playoff time.

    Torts is a side show on his own. I think he's a decent coach, but his act wears off fast and he seems to have the ability to turn talented veteran players into retirement home-owners right now [can you imagine him coaching the Sedins?].

    I'm with Hawkdog...no Ruff. That guys doghouse is humongous. VAN needs someone who will inspire, ignite and impassion the team not rag on them. Wrong fit here IMHO.

    Eakins...haven't followed him at all, but would be intrigued by that possibility. A completely fresh approach would be interesting.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

    Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

  8. #623
    MXHockey's Avatar
    MXHockey is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,226
    Location
    Alaska
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    If Gillis is smart he gets Eakins.

    I still can't believe Gillis is there though. AV is ten times the coach that Gillis is as a GM.

    Did AV need to go so the team has a new voice - agreed, but Gillis should be gone too. They need a GM who will make some savvy trades, trades Gillis hasn't been able to make in over 3 years.


    Cheers.
    Greatest Five to Ever Play:

    1)Gretzky
    2)Lemieux
    3)Orr
    4)Howe
    5)Messier

    16 Team Keeper League Points Only H2H Avg Weekly Scoring

    F: Nash, Gaborik, Krejci, Datsyuk, E.Staal, Parenteau, B.Richards, Jagr
    D: Chara, Gonchar, Campbell, Seabrook
    G: Anderson, Holtby
    Bench: Havlat, Kipper
    Farm: Bennett, Eakin, R.Murphy, Orlov

  9. #624
    hawkdog's Avatar
    hawkdog is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Yes this will be a test for Gillis for sure, hope he lands Eakins.


    Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    If Gillis is smart he gets Eakins.

    I still can't believe Gillis is there though. AV is ten times the coach that Gillis is as a GM.

    Did AV need to go so the team has a new voice - agreed, but Gillis should be gone too. They need a GM who will make some savvy trades, trades Gillis hasn't been able to make in over 3 years.


    Cheers.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

    Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

    Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

    Miller, Lack, Elliot

  10. #625
    praba's Avatar
    praba is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,862
    Location
    toronto and ottaw
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default

    even if the nucks get the right coach and they start doing well in the playoffs, gillis will just take all the credit. seriously, even an average GM would have the nucks in better shape than they are now. how on earth did gillis manage to convince upper management that this was AV's fault and not his? name ONE SINGLE GOOD THING gillis has done for the nucks recently.

    i can think of several bad ones:

    grabner/ballard
    booth (although this looked like a good deal, cant really fault him i guess)
    luongo situation
    hodgson
    roy (worst playoff acquisition ever, it was so obvious that roy wouldnt fit in with the nucks)

    etc.

    i feel for nucks fans...but dont worry, the day will come when gillis gets fired and it will be beautiful. reminds me of when JFJ was let go...eventually even management will be unable to defend his actions.
    WHL - Markham Waxers

    C: Stamkos, Spezza, Ribeiro, Zajac, Santorelli
    LW: Nash, Marleau, MacArthur, Higgins, Fleischmann, Bergenheim
    RW: Pavelski, Foligno, Hudler, Williams, Parenteau, Boyes
    D: Stralman, Muzzin, Depres, Russell, Stone, Gelinas, Medvedev
    G: Varlamov
    P: Holmstrom, Roslovic, Stephens, Beauvillier, Timashov, Sprong, Roy, vande Sompel, Samsonov, Blackwood

  11. #626
    hawkdog's Avatar
    hawkdog is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    IMO. Gillis hasn't made any stellar moves since acquiring Erhoff for a Nonis first round pick - White. His worst was Ballard.

    - Ballard wasn't a good fit - but I think that was an AV issue. At least we didn't put Grabner on waivers.

    - Hard to judge Booth due to injuries.

    - It was sure good to have Lou in net when cory was hurt, whoever made
    the decision to start cory over Lou in the last 2 games should be gone. Was it AV? or Gillis? I don't know.

    - Hodgson - Jury still out. Power forwards like Kassian take time to develop and they don't come cheap. I don't think AV did a great job with Kassian, his line juggling pisses me off.

    - Roy was the worst? Are you sure about that? Clowe played a total of 2 games for the Rangers in the playoffs, I am thankful Gillis didn't give any assets up for him - it cost the rangers 1.5 draft picks per game.
    And you will have a hard time convincing me that ERAT for Forsberg was a better deal than the Roy Deal.
    I think most Canucks fans really liked Roy in the games to finish off the season. Sure I would like to see Ott or Ribs instead but I don't know the asking cost? so its hard to judge. Needed a center, especially seeing as Schroeder was hurt.

    Gillis will get one more year to improve then he will be gone. I don't blame Gillis for the first round exit. The Sharks won on powerplays.

    If you really want to rip into Gillis, bring up scouting and draft picks.







    Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    even if the nucks get the right coach and they start doing well in the playoffs, gillis will just take all the credit. seriously, even an average GM would have the nucks in better shape than they are now. how on earth did gillis manage to convince upper management that this was AV's fault and not his? name ONE SINGLE GOOD THING gillis has done for the nucks recently.

    i can think of several bad ones:

    grabner/ballard
    booth (although this looked like a good deal, cant really fault him i guess)
    luongo situation
    hodgson
    roy (worst playoff acquisition ever, it was so obvious that roy wouldnt fit in with the nucks)

    e
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

    Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

    Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

    Miller, Lack, Elliot

  12. #627
    STONE.'s Avatar
    STONE. is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,481
    Location
    GR
    Rep Power
    41

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    IMO. Gillis hasn't made any stellar moves since acquiring Erhoff for a Nonis first round pick - White. His worst was Ballard.

    - Ballard wasn't a good fit - but I think that was an AV issue. At least we didn't put Grabner on waivers.

    - Hard to judge Booth due to injuries.

    - It was sure good to have Lou in net when cory was hurt, whoever made
    the decision to start cory over Lou in the last 2 games should be gone. Was it AV? or Gillis? I don't know.

    - Hodgson - Jury still out. Power forwards like Kassian take time to develop and they don't come cheap. I don't think AV did a great job with Kassian, his line juggling pisses me off.

    - Roy was the worst? Are you sure about that? Clowe played a total of 2 games for the Rangers in the playoffs, I am thankful Gillis didn't give any assets up for him - it cost the rangers 1.5 draft picks per game.
    And you will have a hard time convincing me that ERAT for Forsberg was a better deal than the Roy Deal.
    I think most Canucks fans really liked Roy in the games to finish off the season. Sure I would like to see Ott or Ribs instead but I don't know the asking cost? so its hard to judge. Needed a center, especially seeing as Schroeder was hurt.

    Gillis will get one more year to improve then he will be gone. I don't blame Gillis for the first round exit. The Sharks won on powerplays.

    If you really want to rip into Gillis, bring up scouting and draft picks.
    Love this post. I can't defend Gillis 100%, but I do think he's getting ripped more than he's earned. The drafting has been my #1 complaint.

    I still feel he's gotten a bunch of guys to take discounts and although the Lu situation isn't good, I still need to wait and see. I don't know that he's had options to this point.

    Booth, Ballard, and even the Lu contract didn't seem all that bad at the time. And a couple Presidents Trophies and a trip to the finals is more than a majority of the league can hang their hats on.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

    Forwards: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Couture, O'Reilly, Boedker, Coyle, Baertschi, Lindholm, Barbashev, Bjorkstrand, Ennis, Stastny, Burakovsky, Ritchie, Duclair, Lehtera, Nichushkin

    Defense: Suter, Ekblad, Hamilton, Josi, Del Zotto, Theodore, Merrill, C. Murphy, Gormley, Bogosian

    Goal: Dubnyk, Holtby, Vasilevskiy

    Farm: Marner, Nylander, Shinkaruk, Sanheim, Merkley

  13. #628
    hawkdog's Avatar
    hawkdog is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    The other thing I forgot to mention, not sure how relevant it is, but Gillis didn't hire AV. It could have been one of the topics that helped him sell it to mgmt.
    Let me bring in my coach.
    just a thought.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

    Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

    Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

    Miller, Lack, Elliot

  14. #629
    pretsel27's Avatar
    pretsel27 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    20

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Roberto Luongo could be an option for the New York Islanders if the right deal surfaced.
    TSN's Bob McKenzie brought up on his Twitter page that "it's believed" the Islanders would be interested "under right circumstances." However, for that to happen the team would have to decide how much potential free agent Evgeni Nabokov wants in a new contract first and then what kind of assets would have to move in the hypothetical trade.
    Source: Bob McKenzie on Twitter
    May 30 - 6:05 PM
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

  15. #630
    STONE.'s Avatar
    STONE. is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,481
    Location
    GR
    Rep Power
    41

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    Roberto Luongo could be an option for the New York Islanders if the right deal surfaced.
    TSN's Bob McKenzie brought up on his Twitter page that "it's believed" the Islanders would be interested "under right circumstances." However, for that to happen the team would have to decide how much potential free agent Evgeni Nabokov wants in a new contract first and then what kind of assets would have to move in the hypothetical trade.
    Source: Bob McKenzie on Twitter
    May 30 - 6:05 PM
    I wonder if he would opt to go there. His list has to be getting longer, but he still has the ultimate say.

    The contract wouldn't be a problem there!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

    Forwards: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Couture, O'Reilly, Boedker, Coyle, Baertschi, Lindholm, Barbashev, Bjorkstrand, Ennis, Stastny, Burakovsky, Ritchie, Duclair, Lehtera, Nichushkin

    Defense: Suter, Ekblad, Hamilton, Josi, Del Zotto, Theodore, Merrill, C. Murphy, Gormley, Bogosian

    Goal: Dubnyk, Holtby, Vasilevskiy

    Farm: Marner, Nylander, Shinkaruk, Sanheim, Merkley

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •