Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Pro

Well the Lou issue is pretty hard to predict. Who knows what a trade will look like or if and how much salary they take back.

But here is my "guess" on what the team looks like - about 59 mill.

Sedins 12.1, Jensen .89
    Burrows 4.5, Kesler 5, Kassian .87
    Hansen 1.35 Schroeder 1.5 Higgins 2.5
    Pinzotto .7 Lappy 1.5 Weise .7 Sesito .6

Garrison 4.6 Hamhuis 4.5
    Edler 5 Bieksa 4.6
    Tanev 2 Corrado .6 - plus another 600000 guy.

Schneider 4 /Lack .75

That should theoretically put them under the cap, assuming no big salary comes back in a Lou trade of course, plus Tanev and Schroeder resign for reasonable hits. I doubt the 4th line guys will get any significant raises.

They really have little choice but to use Jensen and Corrado - probably why they are getting time on the big team this year.

Gives them a good 4 mill to play with - maybe they keep raymond.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Is a compliance buyout for Lou a real option? Will the owner be willing to sign a 27M$ check?
    I'm probably weird, but I don't think Luongo's contract is that big an albatross to move. The length is problematic, but the cap hit is pretty average for any kind of a quality #1 G. If Gillis was willing to simply move the contract to dump salary [for a 3rd rd pick] Luongo would be long gone. A compliance buyout for Luongo is [I suppose] an option, but I don't there's any reason for VAN [Gillis] to have to go this route as he could give him away [I'm pretty sure] without it costing the organization anything.

If his salary becomes this big an issue in the off-season this is what I think VAN would attempt first [trading him for next to nothing]...and I don't think it would be that hard.

EDIT...If it actually came to this point I think Gillis would explore the option of trading Schneider before giving Luongo away. I believe Gillis prefers Scheider's ability and age to Luongo, but not by a monstrous margin. If he can't find a reasonable return for Luongo I think they would take a really good look at what they could get for Schneider and then weigh that option against all but giving away Luongo...and we may be surprised which decision they make.
    Last edited by andrewklassen; April 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Well the Lou issue is pretty hard to predict. Who knows what a trade will look like or if and how much salary they take back.

But here is my "guess" on what the team looks like - about 59 mill.

Sedins 12.1, Jensen .89
    Burrows 4.5, Kesler 5, Kassian .87
    Hansen 1.35 Schroeder 1.5 Higgins 2.5
    Pinzotto .7 Lappy 1.5 Weise .7 Sesito .6

Garrison 4.6 Hamhuis 4.5
    Edler 5 Bieksa 4.6
    Tanev 2 Corrado .6 - plus another 600000 guy.

Schneider 4 /Lack .75

That should theoretically put them under the cap, assuming no big salary comes back in a Lou trade of course, plus Tanev and Schroeder resign for reasonable hits. I doubt the 4th line guys will get any significant raises.

They really have little choice but to use Jensen and Corrado - probably why they are getting time on the big team this year.

Gives them a good 4 mill to play with - maybe they keep raymond.
    Thanks, it gives me a good idea of the situation.

The situation is not as dire than it first look, but I highly doubt that no salary comes back in a trade for Luongo.

I was wondering if the Canucks were going to be forced into a trade (other than Lunogo's) to comply with the cap. As a Habs fan, one of your top 4 Dmen would be a real nice target.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    I'm probably weird, but I don't think Luongo's contract is that big an albatross to move. The length is problematic, but the cap hit is pretty average for any kind of a quality #1 G. If Gillis was willing to simply move the contract to dump salary [for a 3rd rd pick] Luongo would be long gone. A compliance buyout for Luongo is [I suppose] an option, but I don't there's any reason for VAN [Gillis] to have to go this route as he could give him away [I'm pretty sure] without it costing the organization anything.

If his salary becomes this big an issue in the off-season this is what I think VAN would attempt first [trading him for next to nothing]...and I don't think it would be that hard.

EDIT...If it actually came to this point I think Gillis would explore the option of trading Schneider before giving Luongo away. I believe Gillis prefers Scheider's ability and age to Luongo, but not by a monstrous margin. If he can't find a reasonable return for Luongo I think they would take a really good look at what they could get for Schneider and then weigh that option against all but giving away Luongo...and we may be surprised which decision they make.
    I don't think you are off base. NJ or Philly "might" take Lou for a draft pick.
    And as you say I believe Gillis would do this before taking on salary.

As for Schneider I agree, pretty sure they could land another first round pick plus plus at the draft, similar to if not more than Varlamov.

I am happy either way, but I would be really interested in hearing what sort of return they could get for Schneider. Sure be nice to have a bit more talent on the farm.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks, it gives me a good idea of the situation.

The situation is not as dire than it first look, but I highly doubt that no salary comes back in a trade for Luongo.

I was wondering if the Canucks were going to be forced into a trade (other than Lunogo's) to comply with the cap. As a Habs fan, one of your top 4 Dmen would be a real nice target.
    The habs can have Ballard!!!!

I wonder if they were to trade a top 4, who would go?
    Bieksa I would guess.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think you are off base. NJ or Philly "might" take Lou for a draft pick.
    And as you say I believe Gillis would do this before taking on salary.

As for Schneider I agree, pretty sure they could land another first round pick plus plus at the draft, similar to if not more than Varlamov.

I am happy either way, but I would be really interested in hearing what sort of return they could get for Schneider. Sure be nice to have a bit more talent on the farm.
    Yeah just took a look at teams that might be willing to add Luongo salary (lot of cap space) and in need for goaltending, and the options would be:

Buffalo (they would obviously trade Miller, which they could do even if they don't get Luongo)
    Toronto
    NJ
    long shot: Islanders

But still, losing an asset like Luongo without getting anything in return would be a blow to the organization. The option of trading Schneider for a better return is still a better one, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The habs can have Ballard!!!!

I wonder if they were to trade a top 4, who would go?
    Bieksa I would guess.
    Bieksa would be my main target... he would fill a glaring hole on the Habs roster, and the asking price would probably be lower than for Edler.

Dobber Sports Pro

Y
    But still, losing an asset like Luongo without getting anything in return would be a blow to the organization. The option of trading Schneider for a better return is still a better one, in my opinion.
    The addition of another first round draft pick and top prospect versus losing a top goaltender for nothing, sounds like a no brainer doesn't it.
    Especially on a team that had a 3-4 year stretch of horrible drafting mixed in with years of mediocre drafting.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the BLUES will be a tough out in the 1st round for someone, but STL hasn't won a regulation game against a top 4 team in the WEST yet this season. This is one reason I'm not completely terrified of them...although they could easily force 7 straight games of OT. Conversely, VAN is 0-2-1 against SJ [our most likely opponent if it isn't STL].

I don't know why SJ has given us so much trouble. At least we're guaranteed to be in every game against STL as they simply don't score enough to put anyone away early.
    I still Like SJ, and appears to be the match up now. I think its possible that minus Doug Murray and Ryan Clowe the sharks have a little less size.

Its all mute really as IF they win they play the blues or LA in the second round.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Expert

I still Like SJ, and appears to be the match up now. I think its possible that minus Doug Murray and Ryan Clowe the sharks have a little less size.

Its all mute really as IF they win they play the blues or LA in the second round.
    Actually, I don't disagree with you. I kind of prefer SJ too...they just don't have "teeth" to scare me in their lineup...although right now they're rolling multiple lines and spreading their scoring out. The size mismatch doesn't worry me. VAN has a propensity to get embroiled in playing other team's games come playoff time. VAN is feisty enough and gritty enough to play through other team's physicality and not be overrun themselves, but VAN's game is speed, forecheck and pressing the play. If VAN sticks to their game I think they'll be fine. If VAN gets sucked into SJ's game...all bets are off.

For VAN to win it simply resides between their ears. Prepare yourself for quite a few 1 goal nail-biters.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Pro

ya agree for sure, its the dumb mistakes that will cost them.

I think with Kesler and Roy on the team the overall team has a different complexion that the previous matchups.

Hoping for fast hard hitting series that refs don't dictate! The sharks are still deadly on the powerplay.
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Wizard

James Mirtle (tsn radio) reporting that luongo starts game 1.

Dobber Sports Genius

Sharks are going to be tougher than VAN is expecting. Raffi Torres comes out in the playoffs every year.

Brent Burns will get scary and be almost uncontainable on the attack.

I think this will be a great series. I just hope the Sharks win it.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Pro

Damn Canucks!

Any thoughts on off season moves?
    Rebuilding

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Dobber Sports Guru

Damn Canucks!

Any thoughts on off season moves?
    I'm betting that it's not tremendously significant. Move Lu for the best deal possible, buy out Booth or Ballard (probably the latter), Jensen makes the team, Schroeder plays more...

Overreacting would be a mistake. This is still a team that is a season removed from the President's trophy and two seasons removed from the Cup Final.

Vigneault getting axed would be the most dramatic, but I dunno if that happens. Maybe if they have another coach in mind.

I'd love to see some tinkering -- 3rd and 4th line depth guys that'll score in spurts and play their hearts out. Hope for better health.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev