Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Guru

Totally forgot Barker was a Canuck.
    That is all.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Guru

Nicklas Jensen's season in Sweden is over and he now joins the Chicago Wolves.

Think we'll see him in NHL this year?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Guru

Damien Cox via twitter: "At last year’s draft the Canucks could have had Nazem Kadri, Tyler Bozak and a pick for Roberto Luongo, but they got greedy. The Canucks were looking for something like Jake Gardiner, Matt Frattin, a 1st round pick and another piece. They felt they could demand that from the weak Maple Leafs."

Is this confirmed, or merely a rumor?
    Looking really bad right now. With Kesler out, Bozak would've been a decent replacement, and Kadri is outplaying Gardiner and Frattin.

Florida is looking less and less like an option. Hawks aren't exactly struggling in net.

I've always wondered about Minnesota. I know it's brutal to trade within the division, but realignment might make that less of an issue (otherwise you're losing 25% of trading partners). Backstrom is on the way towards FA, and Harding's diagnosis makes him less of a lock going forward. They've got the pieces to get something done.

Thoughts?

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I've always wondered about Minnesota. I know it's brutal to trade within the division, but realignment might make that less of an issue (otherwise you're losing 25% of trading partners). Backstrom is on the way towards FA, and Harding's diagnosis makes him less of a lock going forward. They've got the pieces to get something done.

Thoughts?
    Three letters that are the wildcard here...NTC or NMC. However you spell it, Luongo isn't going somewhere he doesn't want to. Would he go just to get the hell out of Vancouver? Maybe. Maybe he tries to get Schneider traded (you know, rumour dropping by his agent or something to that effect...ah, the plot thickens).

New Jersey - Brodeur has what maybe one year left? I doubt he and Lou are buds, but bidness is bidness

I like your Minny suggestion, but I'm not sure Luongo would want to go there from a personal perspective (there is a reason he wants to go to Florida).

Toronto is likely still a possibility, but the asking price no doubt has to come down.

Personally, I would love for Edmonton to take on his long contract, at least he's proven that he is a top notch tender, even though his playoff track record is somewhat under fire by some (not me, I'd take him in a heartbeat and I don't really even like what I know about him - which is next to nothing). Dubnyk has played well, but do you really trust him to grow into an outstanding tender? I don't.

In no way should Florida sacrifice what it would take to bring Luongo there. They have a (if not the) top goaltending prospect in the game (okay Ev, Lehner is pretty damn good as well), so why deal some nice young pieces to bring in a horrible contract that may strangle you later on? If I remember correctly, Van asked for Bjugstad and I don't think Shore was enough (I could be way off though, so don't quote me on that).

This scenario is fun to watch, can't wait to see how it all plays out.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Guru

Good reminder on the clauses -- Minny makes sense on paper, but Lu's not making life decisions on paper.

I never saw a real trade possibility with Florida. I think you're exactly right on that one.

Toronto does make the most sense.

NJ is an interesting idea, but only makes sense if Brodeur were to get hurt. They can't bring in a #1 now. Either that, or an off-season deal. Again though, does Lu want to be in NJ?

I wonder if Tbay is second-guessing Lindback...that's one that was tossed around a lot this summer and would make some sense. They've got some pieces that would make some good sense.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I wonder if Tbay is second-guessing Lindback...that's one that was tossed around a lot this summer and would make some sense. They've got some pieces that would make some good sense.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that situation. Lindback is not exactly setting the world on fire. Guess it depends on Stevie Y's feelings about Luongo...and that albatross of a contract!

Dobber Sports Guru

Garon could come back in the deal. He's a UFA.
    Lindback's contract isn't too big for a backup really.

I'm sold. Something could work. Lecavalier might need to move first though. That's an albatross of a contract!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

TBay has got to get some defence. And their fwds need to backcheck!

Id love to see Hellanius but hes not exactly lighting the world on fire either.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Canucks will wear these Jerseys on Saturday.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/03...riginal-plans/
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Stud

How is Burrows doing? Still getting top line & PPP minutes? Is he a good buy low???

Dobber Sports Icon

Default 3 shots!?

hahahaha a paultry 3 shots vs STL in the 1st of tonites game...the paint should be peeling off the walls in teh dressing room right now...hahaha pathetic.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default 3 goals!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    hahahaha a paultry 3 shots vs STL in the 1st of tonites game...the paint should be peeling off the walls in teh dressing room right now...hahaha pathetic.
    No way man!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Thats all they need to beat St. Louis - which they did.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

yes, depends on how low though.

The Sedins are not scoring - they picked it up for the brief few games Kesler was back - but then disappeared again when he got hurt again. Burrows goes along with the twins - generally speaking.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm not sure if this is a team that can sneak into the playoffs and do some serious damage with Kesler back or not.

I think they're gonna make some significant moves at the deadline -- in Gillis I trust.