Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Ninja

Canucks reach a settlement with Dale Wiese on a one-year deal according to Dreger.

Dobber Sports Ninja

There was a lot of speculation in recent weeks that if Luongo were to be traded that Huet could be a potential backup for Schneider. The speculation came to an end tonight as Huet signed a four-year deal with Lausanne HC (whatever the hell league that's in).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Mike Gillis announced the signing of Brendan Gaunce to his 3-year ELC deal today:

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have signed centre Brendan Gaunce. In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Gaunce recorded 68 points (28-40-68) and added 68 penalty minutes in 68 games with the Belleville Bulls of the OHL in 2011.12. The 6’2”, 205 lbs. centre led the Bulls in goals, assists and points in 2011.12.

The Markham, ON, native represented Team Canada at the 2011 U18 World Junior Championship where he collected four points (1-3-4) in seven games, helping Canada win the bronze medal.

Gaunce was selected in the first round, 26th overall by the Vancouver Canucks in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
    http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=639642

Dobber Sports Ninja

Contrary to popular belief, the Sedins will NOT be returning to Modo if there is a lockout. They will stay in Vancouver, because their families have already settled down in VAN.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...sedin_lockout/

Also, looks like the Canucks and Burrows have already begun discussions on a possible extension. It'll be interesting to see whether they can convince him to sign for less.

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
    #Canucks forwrad Alex Burrows agent Paul Corbeil tells CKWX talks are in the intial stages for a new deal for Burrows.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Also, looks like the Canucks and Burrows have already begun discussions on a possible extension. It'll be interesting to see whether they can convince him to sign for less.
    IGIT: In Gillis I Trust.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Seeing as how people producing what he does + his intangibles are worth at the very least double of what he makes now, Gillis has a snowball's chance in hell of signing him for less.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Seeing as how people producing what he does + his intangibles are worth at the very least double of what he makes now, Gillis has a snowball's chance in hell of signing him for less.
    I think he was implying "less than market value" and not "less than he makes now."
    Between expiring contracts and the possibility they're clear of Luongo's salary, that'd make him keepable potentially.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Guru

Since this thread's been mute, I'll toss up some Luongo speculation. Why not...it's not like we've got hockey to discuss.

Edmonton has been rumoured -- can't see it. No way they deal within the conference. I just can't imagine. It might, however, give a bit of leverage (assuming the rumour has some truth to it).

This article: http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2012/...go-sweepstakes gives some thoughts and insight into the Oilers rumour, but ends with a far more interesting point IMO. What if the lockout continues and the season disappears?

Suddenly there's a new crop of UFA goalies -- which could be good or bad for the Nucks:
    -Jimmy Howard
    -Jose Theodore
    -Niklas Backstrom
    -Evgeni Nabokov
    -Mike Smith
    -and some other less interesting ones

Good: it opens up some potential new destinations for Lu?
    Bad: it floods the market.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Pretty sure Luongo end's up in Toronto. Sounds like the Bozak/Kadri for Luongo deal is a strong possibilty.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    Pretty sure Luongo end's up in Toronto. Sounds like the Bozak/Kadri for Luongo deal is a strong possibilty.
    Is it? I saw Angus speculating, but haven't actually read anything substantial indicating this is a possibility.

Dobber Sports Star

Assuming the season starts prior to Xmas, what does the D situation look like?

Aren't both Garrison AND Edler still considered injured and not ready to play?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Luongo to Toronto is essentially done. The speculation is for the return. As a Canucks fan I'd welcome Kadri, but don't see the fit for Bozak on this team.

Luongo is going to be great for the Leafs - he instantly makes them a playoff team. Fault him for playoff meltdowns, but the guy is one of the most consistently great goaltenders in the NHL.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

The Great One

What makes you say this?

As a Leaf fan, the only way I would be happy sending you guys Kadri was if we packaged him with salary aka) Komisarek.

Truth be told, I think Komisarek would be great for you guys in the playoffs. Unfortunately, we never got there to test that theory of mine.

EDIT: I think Komisarek is 10x more valuable in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; December 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Anybody have an injury update on Eddie Lack? Thanks.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Anybody have an injury update on Eddie Lack? Thanks.
    Flew to Vancouver to have his wonky groin checked out (been bothering him for a while now).
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified