Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Sorry, the Connor comment was in response to another post earlier, I just didn't realize it was from almost a month ago. Whoops!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dear Nucks fans. I used to be quite bullish on Markstrom (specifically in comparison to Bernier) back when both had high hopes to become starting tenders. We all know about Bernier's failed attempt in Toronto to assume a successful 1A role, but with Markstrom, his ongoing injuries and advanced age (27 now and still no concrete glimpse of a successful NHL future, until perhaps now... what do you guys think? Is the plan to move on from Miller and go all in on Markstrom? If so, how has he looked. Could this be the start of a potentially fruitful career as an NHL #1 tender (despite stopping pucks for a "Challenging" team that the Nucks were last year and may continue to be until they break their Sedin Twins identity?)

Is he just a placeholder for Demko? and how long till Demko arrives to challenge Mark (who I think is signed for 3 more season?).

Looking at possibly adding him as a back up tender in a fairly deep league (due to the # of goalies kept)... but I'm scared!

Words Advice as I've not paid attention to him since he's been moved from Florida?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Dear Nucks fans. I used to be quite bullish on Markstrom (specifically in comparison to Bernier) back when both had high hopes to become starting tenders. We all know about Bernier's failed attempt in Toronto to assume a successful 1A role, but with Markstrom, his ongoing injuries and advanced age (27 now and still no concrete glimpse of a successful NHL future, until perhaps now... what do you guys think? Is the plan to move on from Miller and go all in on Markstrom? If so, how has he looked. Could this be the start of a potentially fruitful career as an NHL #1 tender (despite stopping pucks for a "Challenging" team that the Nucks were last year and may continue to be until they break their Sedin Twins identity?)

Is he just a placeholder for Demko? and how long till Demko arrives to challenge Mark (who I think is signed for 3 more season?).

Looking at possibly adding him as a back up tender in a fairly deep league (due to the # of goalies kept)... but I'm scared!

Words Advice as I've not paid attention to him since he's been moved from Florida?
    Qualifying point - I'm not a Canucks fan. Second point, I live in the West Coast so I am inundated with Canucks info. I pay attention so I can troll my friends who are Canuck fans. That said, I know this team pretty well, second to only my Leafs.

Markstrom is as you stated a placeholder. He's the starter for this year. The expectation is that Demkowill stay all season in the AHL. I’m expecting them to bring in a solid back upwho can take the reigns from Markstrom if he’s injured & don’t expect Markstrom to play more than 55-60games even if healthy all season.If heplays well, they’ll take more time with Demko (IMO) but, they’re not going tohold Demko back if he’s destroying the AHL. I expect him to be a top AHL goaliethis season.

One hopes Van only signs a back up to a one year deal. Thatway, Demko can ease in as the back up next season. I wouldn’t be surprised if by midseason 2018/19that Demko is starting to outplay Markstrom (Think Murray in Pitts)and be in the process of stealing the job.

By year 3, it should be Demko’s job to walk with. The kids dynamite. 1st half of theAHL season he adjusted slowly. 2nd half, he was a beast.My personal prediction is that Demko will beat least a 50-50 1A/B tender with Van next season by Christmas.In Markstrom’s 3rd year – he shouldbe the defacto #1, which aligns perfectly with Van’s timeline and Markstrom’scontract

Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

This will likely be a make or break year for Markstrom. Agreed Demko is likely 3 years off.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks Lucafen and Hawkdog. Nothing surprising here. So perhaps I can get 1 or 2 years of good back up service from this aging kid.

Cheers! (backing slowly out of Canucks thread)

Dobber Sports Pro

Guds resigned for one year at 3.5 million. pretty good deal if is wrist is ok.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm interested in this as well. But I thought I heard somewhere that van was interested in bringing killer back as well? Have you heard any of that?
    Demko is a really good prospect, but he's still a prospect. Now if markstrom can be strong, he may be able to hold of thatcher a bit longer
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Qualifying point - I'm not a Canucks fan. Second point, I live in the West Coast so I am inundated with Canucks info. I pay attention so I can troll my friends who are Canuck fans. That said, I know this team pretty well, second to only my Leafs.

Markstrom is as you stated a placeholder. He's the starter for this year. The expectation is that Demkowill stay all season in the AHL. I’m expecting them to bring in a solid back upwho can take the reigns from Markstrom if he’s injured & don’t expect Markstrom to play more than 55-60games even if healthy all season.If heplays well, they’ll take more time with Demko (IMO) but, they’re not going tohold Demko back if he’s destroying the AHL. I expect him to be a top AHL goaliethis season.

One hopes Van only signs a back up to a one year deal. Thatway, Demko can ease in as the back up next season. I wouldn’t be surprised if by midseason 2018/19that Demko is starting to outplay Markstrom (Think Murray in Pitts)and be in the process of stealing the job.

By year 3, it should be Demko’s job to walk with. The kids dynamite. 1st half of theAHL season he adjusted slowly. 2nd half, he was a beast.My personal prediction is that Demko will beat least a 50-50 1A/B tender with Van next season by Christmas.In Markstrom’s 3rd year – he shouldbe the defacto #1, which aligns perfectly with Van’s timeline and Markstrom’scontract
    - - - Updated - - -

I'm interested in this as well. But I thought I heard somewhere that van was interested in bringing killer back as well? Have you heard any of that?
    Demko is a really good prospect, but he's still a prospect. Now if markstrom can be strong, he may be able to hold of thatcher a bit longer

Markstrom is as you stated a placeholder. He's the starter for this year. The expectation is that Demkowill stay all season in the AHL. I?m expecting them to bring in a solid back upwho can take the reigns from Markstrom if he?s injured & don?t expect Markstrom to play more than 55-60games even if healthy all season.If heplays well, they?ll take more time with Demko (IMO) but, they?re not going tohold Demko back if he?s destroying the AHL. I expect him to be a top AHL goaliethis season.

One hopes Van only signs a back up to a one year deal. Thatway, Demko can ease in as the back up next season. I wouldn?t be surprised if by midseason 2018/19that Demko is starting to outplay Markstrom (Think Murray in Pitts)and be in the process of stealing the job.

By year 3, it should be Demko?s job to walk with. The kids dynamite. 1st half of theAHL season he adjusted slowly. 2nd half, he was a beast.My personal prediction is that Demko will beat least a 50-50 1A/B tender with Van next season by Christmas.In Markstrom?s 3rd year ? he shouldbe the defacto #1, which aligns perfectly with Van?s timeline and Markstrom?scontract

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They're looking to bring Miller back... least looking into it. Anything more than a one year deal would be asinine and that's the length I've heard. But Van needs a back up doesn't matter if he's named Miller or Mason or Bernier etc..

If in 18/19 Demko is playing near the level of Markstrom.. I'm pretty sure you'll see Demko start splitting starts, even if Markstrom is slightly better still. They are going to want to play the future. This ownership group, Aquilini's are $$ driven. If they can't win, they will want to put the prospects/kids on display. Demko will fill seats, Markstrom won't.

Holding off Thatcher basically will mean, when in 2018/19 season Demko takes over the net... Dec or March. They've already said it will be his net, he's the goalie of the future. Markstrom's days are numbered before he plays a single game as the #1.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Vancouver went massively heavy on pure, high end skill. For Vancouver fans who have watched them pass over Nylander and Ehlers a couple years ago, this has to be a breath of fresh air. Even if you passed on Cody Glass. I think there's a belief/hope that Pettersson will develop into that type of player, they want dynamic, high end skill

Dobber Sports Guru

Vancouver went massively heavy on pure, high end skill. For Vancouver fans who have watched them pass over Nylander and Ehlers a couple years ago, this has to be a breath of fresh air. Even if you passed on Cody Glass. I think there's a belief/hope that Pettersson will develop into that type of player, they want dynamic, high end skill
    Yup. Very happy with this new approach. Better than the guaranteed 3rd liners and over-agers that seem to have become the norm.
    The Nucks have nicely re-stocked actually (sucking for a few years sure helps). They have a top 10 (maybe top 5) prospect pool now and have some nice pieces at each position:

C: Petterson, Gaudette
    W: Boeser, Dahlen, Virtanen (hopefully this year is a bit better...), Lind
    D: Juolevi, Subban, Brisebois (weakest on the blueline -- hurts to have lost the big Russian dude too).
    G: Demko, DiPietro

It's not the Flyers or Wild, but it's looking a heck of a lot better than it has in awhile.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Yup. Very happy with this new approach. Better than the guaranteed 3rd liners and over-agers that seem to have become the norm.
    The Nucks have nicely re-stocked actually (sucking for a few years sure helps). They have a top 10 (maybe top 5) prospect pool now and have some nice pieces at each position:

C: Petterson, Gaudette
    W: Boeser, Dahlen, Virtanen (hopefully this year is a bit better...), Lind
    D: Juolevi, Subban, Brisebois (weakest on the blueline -- hurts to have lost the big Russian dude too).
    G: Demko, DiPietro

It's not the Flyers or Wild, but it's looking a heck of a lot better than it has in awhile.
    Forgot about Goldobin. Looking real promising up front now. If all works out it could look something like this in 2 to 3 years.

Dhalen, Petterson, Boeser
    Baertschi, Horvat, Grandlund/Goldobin
    Lind, Gaudetter, Virtanen
    Token 4th liners/prospects

Juolevi, Tanev
    Hutton, Sketcher
    Gubrandson/Edler/whoever else for depth D. Defiantly our weakest position.

Markstrom
    Demko

And Dipetro maturing in the minors.

Of coarse there will be adds/busts along the way but still looks promising. As for Subban I hope they give him a good look but I just have a feeling he's not really in the Canucks long term plans.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Forgot about Goldobin. Looking real promising up front now. If all works out it could look something like this in 2 to 3 years.

Dhalen, Petterson, Boeser
    Baertschi, Horvat, Grandlund/Goldobin
    Lind, Gaudetter, Virtanen
    Token 4th liners/prospects

Juolevi, Tanev
    Hutton, Sketcher
    Gubrandson/Edler/whoever else for depth D. Defiantly our weakest position.

Markstrom
    Demko

And Dipetro maturing in the minors.

Of coarse there will be adds/busts along the way but still looks promising. As for Subban I hope they give him a good look but I just have a feeling he's not really in the Canucks long term plans.
    Better hope Lind develops. This could be one of those 'Benning should have picks' - 6'5" D - Hague went with the very next pick. That's going to be a very interesting development path to watch - compare/contrast those two.

I don't see Tanev being a Canuck in two years. & needing it all to work it is exactly why they need to stock the cupboards with added picks.

to me, drafting Pettersson over Glass was a more poignant signal of their rebuild direction than trading Hansen or Burrows was. He's further away from the NHL than Glass, which to me shows they've decided to do this full on.

Need to find a way to move Loui. Boost him up and ship him out. Take a bad contract back to get a prospect. Their G situation looks good moving forward

Dobber Sports Pro

Really like the Dipetro pick - will push Demko,
    I look forward to seeing Dahlen and EP on a line together

don't forget Lockwood -he has been invited to the US WJC tryouts this summer.

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/06/20/w...owcase-roster/

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Jedi

There was a lot of talk about Van missing with Pettersson and should have taken Glass. This screams three years ago when Tor took Nylander and left Nick Ritchie on the board. Ritchie looks to be a good player moving forward and progressing well, but well... taking Nylander was no miss by any means.

In 3 yrs this pick could be very similar.

Dobber Sports Pro

yup, I like the Pettersson pick and can't wait to see him on a line with Dahlen in a nucks uniform.

Miller, Lack, Elliot