Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kassian scored a nice tip in goal and looked good tonight, getting better each game. Hamhius with another poor decision trying to contain the puck in the offensive zone which lead to the tying goal. Hughh Hamhius, community man is being too nice this season.
    Hockey
    12 Team Yahoo H2H standard scoring 1 year
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G
    G,A, PPP, SHP, Shots, +/-, W, L, Shutout

To be drafted.

Football
    10 team league. Standard Yahoo scoring. (Non PPR)
    Start 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1K, 1DEF, 1 defensive player

QBs: Wilson, Manning
    WR:V. Jackson, Patterson, Benjamin, Cooks
    RB: J. Charles, A. Morris, D. Martin, K. Davis, K. Robinson
    TE: Gronkowski, Cameron
    K: Novak
    DEF: Steelers
    IDP:Worrilow

Banned

Default WTF is up with Hamhuis?

He was a keeper for me this year because I thought he'd actually be fantasy relevant but he's been absolute garbage so far, what gives?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    He was a keeper for me this year because I thought he'd actually be fantasy relevant but he's been absolute garbage so far, what gives?
    Hamhuis has been bad at both ends of the ice. Probably even worse in his own end than he has been offensively. He hasn't looked anything like the great defenseman that he has been in the past. At least in the games I've seen. Hopefully he turns it around soon.

Dobber Sports Pro

another greasy win with Santorelli the hero again.
    Turning out to be a great signing by Gillis, and so is Richardson.

So what gives with the penalties or lack there of against the opposing team,
    John Garrett has been ranting for a couple games now.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

Wow, that had to be the Canucks best season to date!
    Nothing like bringing in the Center of the Universe to get the team pumped.

I mean really they bump the Canucks from the late game to the early game just cause the Leafs need to play in prime time. No wonder the Canucks were so pumped up and mad.

Awesome ceremony for Bure!
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a sick shot from Kesler last night. That's the Kesler that I love. I dunno why they insist on using him in front of the net on the PP...I think he's way more dangerous when he has room to release that shot of his.

Dobber Sports Guru

Finally. Stupid effing Sharks get their due!
    Bummed that Kesler and Dank didn't score for my pool, but it's nice to see the secondary guys do the work!

Burrows being back could be a nice boost.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Finally. Stupid effing Sharks get their due!
    Bummed that Kesler and Dank didn't score for my pool, but it's nice to see the secondary guys do the work!

Burrows being back could be a nice boost.
    Lol, I can't believe I got a GAA for that first goal on Luongo...sigh. Brutal lol

Dobber Sports Guru

@strombone1 is on fire!

On Bryz signing:
    "I kinda liked being the only "nutty" goalie in my division.... :-("

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Obviously, this season has been an absolute disaster, but....

Canucks are currently heading into this off-season (with the new Cap numbers) with over $11 million to spend.
    Assume they deal Kesler smartly (which maybe is too much to ask of Gillis right now) and they could easily be closer to 15 million while adding some prospect depth.
    Assume they deal Edler smartly (see above) and they could be near 18 million to spend.
    Buy out Booth (start benching him now to avoid injury!) and they have 22 million to spend.

That's not a bad place to be.

Their goaltending duo disappeared, but Miller and Hiller are UFAs. Lack/Markstrom to backup, while the other seasons in the AHL.

Stastny (UFA) would replace Kesler pretty nicely (not sure he's leaving Colorado, but...). They've said they want a C back for Kesler as well.

There are some great other UFAs for scoring depth (Moulson, Vanek, Iginla, Callahan, Vrbata).

I'm not suggesting all of this comes true, but Vancouver won't hesitate to spend to the cap, and there are options for immediate help.

They could re-stock their on-ice squad quickly, and they've added some serious prospect depth (Horvat, Shinkaruk, a top 10-12 pick this year, whomever they get from possible Kesler/Edler deals, Markstrom, etc.).

Most interesting will be what management decides to do with the Coach and GM positions. In some ways, it's the perfect time to bring in two new people -- the new duo would have all kinds of options. I think a new coach is a must -- this team isn't playing for Torts. But I'm not sure Gillis will be gone -- in which case, this is the summer that will either ruin him or save him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Think the problem with signings in the summer will be attracting players. It's no secret that the last couple seasons in VAN have been dramatic. I doubt that Miller or Hiller will be encouraged to sign with a team that has been undergoing a tremendous amount of change and one that is very likely trending downwards in terms of competing for he playoffs.

Before the Canucks begin targeting the best free agents that the summer has to offer, they'd better determine if it's best to begin a rebuild, or if they need significant retooling. Personally, I think a rebuild is going to be necessary. The Sedins are starting to be worn down by overall wear and tear and if Gillis deals Kesler, that's a massive gap to fill. Statsny has had his own injury problems - do the Canucks want to she'll out $6M+ for him long-term and be saddled with another big contract?

Also don't think that a potential for a guy like Edler is going to be significant based on his offence starting to dry up. The other players you note (Moulson, Vanek, Callahan, etc) are probably looking at $6M+ annual cap hits and even if VAN can deal Kesler and Edler, it's a big gamble to bet that the Canucks can sign any of those big names based on their tumultuous recent seasons.

Dobber Sports Giant

It's definitely rebuild-time in Vancity. They shouldn't be going after big-name FAs like Stastny, Hiller, etc. It's just not a good move with the trajectory of their club - especially considering the desire to move Kesler while his contract still has awesome value for someone. Let's not make this another Calgary-type situation. Just embrace the rebuild, it won't be as bad as people think. There are talented pieces in the system: Jensen, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Lack/Markstrom/Eriksson, etc. and by drafting well, and smartly adding pieces for the future the Canucks could turn this thing around in a couple years.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

I think people grossly overblow the current state of the Canucks.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I think people grossly overblow the current state of the Canucks.
    Agree entirely.
    A new coach and a bit of a re-tool and things could be vastly different. The reality is that, with all the crap that happened this year (coaching disaster, goaltending disaster, Burrows's woeful season, and a truckload of injuries), they were still in a playoff spot at the deadline.

I just don't think the Sedins (smart players that don't rely on being physical to be successful) are toast quite yet. If they both put up 70+ next year, I wouldn't be the least surprised.

Even if they deal Edler, the D isn't in bad shape: Hamhuis, Bieksa, Tanev, Garrison -- that beats a lot of other bluelines for a top 4.

And with Lu shipped out + a Booth buyout, they have cap space. And money rules all.

The prospect depth isn't there, but it's a heck of a lot better than a year ago -- and they'll get a solid player this summer. Add any youngsters they can get in Kesler/Edler deals (and those two will still be solid commodities) and their pipeline will improve even more.

I hope they lose every game down the stretch this season -- but I don't see them "rebuilding" with the Sedins locked up. A quick turnaround isn't unreasonable.
    I don't think Calgary is a good comparison at all -- I'd be more worried about being like the Sharks, where they get back to a playoff team quickly, but never have the pieces to get it done.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think the Sedins can bounce back and make them a playoff team for the next two years, but if they lose Kesler they better move quick to replace him.