Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

The problem is, Van is filled with average middle six players - the only exception right now I would say is Horvat. He's clearly a top 6, on some teams would be a potential #1.

Boeser isn't ready to be labeled a 1st line player, I'm talking about today, and this season. McDavid, Matthews, Crosby etc. were immediately 1st line players - that's not Boeser. on a good team he'd be on a 3rd line, maybe 2nd line wing, PP2 - at best

There's too many players that require sheltered roles. This is why Gagner excelled last year - Torts sheltered him into a successful role - same with Det and Vanek. We saw what happened to Vanek once he was traded and that role was changed. Then there's the Twins, you can't have four players all requiring sheltered roles in your top 9.

This season is going to be a disaster and rightfully so. I'm fully expecting Vanek to be traded at the deadline, possibly Gagner as well. not having a plethora of kids involved in this season is the best thing for this team long term. that Leafs phrase "There will be pain" needs to translate to the west coast. Keep the kids out of this nightmare of a season - let them learn to win on their junior teams/AHL rather expose to a Colorado level year of ineptitude.

No #1G no legit #1 or #2 Dman... yes there will be pain.

On a side note. I actually expect Virtanen to be skating with the twins on a regular basis by Christmas. He's fast, hits, goes to dirty areas, wicked shot/release. basically everything the Twins aren't. They need a puck retriever to get their cycle game going who can find the open slot and await the only other thing they still do well - pass him the puck for good looks.

(I think they finish dead last)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The problem is, Van is filled with average middle six players - the only exception right now I would say is Horvat. He's clearly a top 6, on some teams would be a potential #1.

Boeser isn't ready to be labeled a 1st line player, I'm talking about today, and this season. McDavid, Matthews, Crosby etc. were immediately 1st line players - that's not Boeser. on a good team he'd be on a 3rd line, maybe 2nd line wing, PP2 - at best

There's too many players that require sheltered roles. This is why Gagner excelled last year - Torts sheltered him into a successful role - same with Det and Vanek. We saw what happened to Vanek once he was traded and that role was changed. Then there's the Twins, you can't have four players all requiring sheltered roles in your top 9.

This season is going to be a disaster and rightfully so. I'm fully expecting Vanek to be traded at the deadline, possibly Gagner as well. not having a plethora of kids involved in this season is the best thing for this team long term. that Leafs phrase "There will be pain" needs to translate to the west coast. Keep the kids out of this nightmare of a season - let them learn to win on their junior teams/AHL rather expose to a Colorado level year of ineptitude.

On a side note. I actually expect Virtanen to be skating with the twins on a regular basis by Christmas. He's fast, hits, goes to dirty areas, wicked shot/release. basically everything the Twins aren't. They need a puck retriever to get their cycle game going who can find the open slot and await the only other thing they still do well - pass him the puck for good looks.

I would be really happy about this.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I would be really happy about this.
    Problem is Vancouver always seems to screw up their draft picks.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just the first rounders...

Also If they trade Gagner this year that will be a black mark on the team for future signings. It's not good form to sign guys to multi year deals and trade them in their first year. Vanek is different.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    That's why I want them to come dead last. Anything else leaves too much margin for error.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

He's looked damn good there the last two games. He's keeping out of the corners in his own zone. They're great players to have on the ice around him shift to shift as they keep him focused & on task. I think this line sticks for the season and Virtanen could be the player that gets the twins back to 50+pts for one more year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

I have to say, as someone who enjoys laughing at Benning's moves (such as 'rebuilding on the fly'), the Canucks have surprised me this year. Whether they're doing with mirrors, sorcery, or flagrant PDO violations, this team is playing some damn fine hockey. Kudos when kudos are deserved!

No matter what, I remain eternally grateful for the gift of Tkachuk.

Dobber Sports Genius

Don't look now but the prospects are looking awesome. Petterson is leading the SHL last time I checked.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Don't look now but the prospects are looking awesome. Petterson is leading the SHL last time I checked.
    I really liked that pick.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Ya Boeser was a horrible pick. EP as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhToZ7CCuIc

Sweet win over the maple duds last night, the only good thing about scheduling a vancouver home game at 4 pm.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Deity

Not sure if this us good or bad news for Canuck fans.

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/s...47298809102337

Hearing contract talks with Erik Gudbranson are going in the right direction. Been told they are getting closer to an extension. #Canucks
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Not sure if this us good or bad news for Canuck fans.

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/s...47298809102337

Hearing contract talks with Erik Gudbranson are going in the right direction. Been told they are getting closer to an extension. #Canucks
    This might answer your question.

https://twitter.com/BlakePriceTSN/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Benning might be more inclined to sign Gudbranson after he won the hardest shot at the team's skills competition yesterday. 103.4 mph! Too bad he can't use it to score some goals.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Veteran

I hear the Guebranson contact will be 4y x 4 M ish. Maybe he should shoot with less power and focus on accuracy.

Dobber Sports Genius

If the idea is to populate the Canucks with youth for the next few years you want to have a big and mean and capable player skating out there with them. I like Gundbranson. Every team wants a guy like him on their team. If it cost 4 x $4M then so be it. That is what he is going to get on the open market (and you don't have an inhouse replacement).
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Guru

Just don't give him a no-move clause.
    Signing him is fine for a reasonable price tag. Just give the flexibility of moving him.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev