Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1450

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    didn't take long for someone to pick that up... heh
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. Too easy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    didn't take long for someone to pick that up... heh
    Gotta do what u gotta do. Especially with the sedins albatross contracts

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How does scrappy Dorsett fit into the roster this year?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    How does scrappy Dorsett fit into the roster this year?
    Talk is that he is healthy and in active in training camp. Hopefully he's good to go on that 4th line. So many new vets on this team so it hard to say how it'll shake out but can you see Gagner, Burmistrov, Vanek on the 4th line? Not me. I think DD's job is safe.

Dobber Sports Genius

I would rather see Dorrsett on the 4th then Virtanen I have been really impressed with Jake but I want to develop him as a top 6 forward. I think another year in Utica getting his goal scoring touch back would be good for him. I think for both him and Boeser if there not getting top 6 minutes then don’t put them on the roster.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I would rather see Dorrsett on the 4th then Virtanen I have been really impressed with Jake but I want to develop him as a top 6 forward. I think another year in Utica getting his goal scoring touch back would be good for him. I think for both him and Boeser if there not getting top 6 minutes then don’t put them on the roster.
    I would be very surprised if Virtanen ever developed into a top-6 forward...

Dorsett did play on the 4th line in the first China Game yesterday but of course they were missing some players still.

Vanek looked absolutely terrible (slow, bad decisions), and for a guy who was brought in to help the PP, Gagner wasn't very good on the PP. Burmistrov actually looked pretty good which was a surprise for me. He also saw good amount of PP time.

From their 'D', Gudbranson looked bad just like Vanek - slow, bad decisions. Hutton and Edler got the PP time (and there was lots of it with the slashing penalties), so I was surprised they didn't use Stecher there. Del Zotto didn't see any PP time either but that was less of a surprise.

Dobber Sports Pro

not sure you can use gimmick games in China as an accurate assessment, especially when those players haven't had a chance to play with each other.

Dorsett will be on the 4th line.

my guess at lines

sedin/sedin/Granlund
    Bart/Horvat/Brock
    Louie/Sutter/Vanek
    Dorsett/Burmistrov/Gagne
    Reid, Chaput, Goldy, Virtanen, Megna

I hope more kids make it in the top 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I would be very surprised if Virtanen ever developed into a top-6 forward...

Dorsett did play on the 4th line in the first China Game yesterday but of course they were missing some players still.

Vanek looked absolutely terrible (slow, bad decisions), and for a guy who was brought in to help the PP, Gagner wasn't very good on the PP. Burmistrov actually looked pretty good which was a surprise for me. He also saw good amount of PP time.

From their 'D', Gudbranson looked bad just like Vanek - slow, bad decisions. Hutton and Edler got the PP time (and there was lots of it with the slashing penalties), so I was surprised they didn't use Stecher there. Del Zotto didn't see any PP time either but that was less of a surprise.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    not sure you can use gimmick games in China as an accurate assessment, especially when those players haven't had a chance to play with each other.

my guess at lines

sedin/sedin/Granlund
    Bart/Horvat/Brock
    Louie/Sutter/Vanek
    Dorsett/Burmistrov/Gagne

All pre-season games are gimmick games, it doesn't really matter if they're played in China or Canada. My guess is that you need to flip Granlund with Gagner, and Sutter with Burmistrov. They couldn't find any PP time for Granlund in those gimmick games before Horvat was out with injury, so when you add in Boeser who wasn't playing there, Granlund seems to be on the outside looking in.

Dobber Sports Pro

Actually it does matter, different food country etc. I think it would make a big difference as compared to a preseason game at their home rink.

Granlund finished the season last year strong with the twins, Gagne will get a look but I don't think he sticks. I think LE gets some time there as well.
    And I don't think the 1 million dollar guy replaces the 4 mill dollar guy on the fourth line, maybe Dorsett sits. But thats just my thoughts.
    I thought Granlund was one of the better players over there.
    I predict one of Burm, Gagne and Vanek spend time in the press box.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Genius

my guess at lines

sedin/sedin/Granlund
    Bart/Horvat/Brock
    Louie/Sutter/Vanek
    Dorsett/Burmistrov/Gagne

I really like the lines you placed here. My thoughts exactly.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Actually it does matter, different food country etc. I think it would make a big difference as compared to a preseason game at their home rink.

Granlund finished the season last year strong with the twins, Gagne will get a look but I don't think he sticks. I think LE gets some time there as well.
    And I don't think the 1 million dollar guy replaces the 4 mill dollar guy on the fourth line, maybe Dorsett sits. But thats just my thoughts.
    I thought Granlund was one of the better players over there.
    I predict one of Burm, Gagne and Vanek spend time in the press box.
    Different food country? What?

What I'm saying is, preseason games don't tell the whole truth no matter where the games are played. If they used Gagner on the Sedin line while playing in Vancouver, would that mean he's definitely playing there during the season? Of course not. Just like it doesn't mean that when he's playing there in China. But it is one possibility they're trying.

Gagner has $3.15M cap hit while Granlund is $900k but you have no problem putting Gagner on the 4th line? But somehow it's a problem to put Sutter there? Sorry but I just don't see any logic with your comments. One thing's for sure - Gagner will get a lot more PP time than Granlund. I don't see any way that would change.

And Vanek definitely should sit in the press box, he doesn't offer anything besides maybe on the PP.

Dobber Sports Star

Don't sleep on MDZ if you're in a multicat league!

Dobber Sports Pro

Burmistrov is a project trying to land a spot and should be in press box, Granlund proved himself last year and should be a long term piece. I expect Gagne to do his best Loui impression which lands him on the 4th line, last year was a blip, his 3 year average is more like 36 points. I hope I'm wrong.
    Your original comments were on how they played in china games- new players that never played together on olympic sized ice in China - can't expect much, can't assess players like Vanek.
    Sutter was with Dorsett during the last game so maybe he does play on the 4th line who knows. Could be

Virtanen looked good last game. Hope he makes the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Different food country? What?

What I'm saying is, preseason games don't tell the whole truth no matter where the games are played. If they used Gagner on the Sedin line while playing in Vancouver, would that mean he's definitely playing there during the season? Of course not. Just like it doesn't mean that when he's playing there in China. But it is one possibility they're trying.

Gagner has $3.15M cap hit while Granlund is $900k but you have no problem putting Gagner on the 4th line? But somehow it's a problem to put Sutter there? Sorry but I just don't see any logic with your comments. One thing's for sure - Gagner will get a lot more PP time than Granlund. I don't see any way that would change.

And Vanek definitely should sit in the press box, he doesn't offer anything besides maybe on the PP.

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Burmistrov is a project trying to land a spot and should be in press box, Granlund proved himself last year and should be a long term piece. I expect Gagne to do his best Loui impression which lands him on the 4th line, last year was a blip, his 3 year average is more like 36 points. I hope I'm wrong.
    Your original comments were on how they played in china games- new players that never played together on olympic sized ice in China - can't expect much, can't assess players like Vanek.
    Sutter was with Dorsett during the last game so maybe he does play on the 4th line who knows. Could be

So now you're saying your "guess at lines" was actually how you were hoping they'd end up being and not how they are projected to be to start the season? Why didn't you just say that instead of trying to act like you have any clue as to what their lines will be?

Vanek has played long enough in the NHL that we know what he can offer. Vancouver was the only team willing to offer him an NHL contract while others were offering just a PTO. He's just not a very good hockey player. Maybe he once was but that was a long time ago. What I saw in the China Games was the same old Vanek, so I wasn't just saying that based on two meaningless preseason games.

That's just too funny. Now that YOU'VE seen Sutter play on the 4th line with Dorsett you're willing to believe he plays there but when I saw him play there, that was just a dumb idea. Seriously, just because you don't see something happening doesn't mean it's not true.

Dobber Sports Genius

I hope it shakes down like this ...

Sedin, Sedin, Grandlund
    Sven, Horvat, Boeser
    Loui, Sutter, Vanek

Then I have no idea but I am confident in the first two lines. I don't like playing Jake on the 4th but at the same time I like him with Green. I have no idea where Gagne fits but I guess on the 4th line then you still got Dorsett, Burm and Gaunce when he returns. I think the Canucks signed one to many vets, this is a mess now. I would of rather had Jake take the third line RW spot instead of having Vanek or Gagne on the team.