Page 97 of 414 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Poor Horacek.
    He makes obvious improvements to this team defensively but most people are instead focused on the 1-3 record and the offense drying up.

That California trip is tough for any team, so it's unfair to expect magical results from the coaching change already.

Keep focused and stick with the plan - improve the breakouts, reduce turnovers, support the puck, move your feet, and tighten up the gaps.
    I like Pete's 5-5-5 philosophy.
    This just makes sense intuitively, and yet the Leafs were very bad at it under RC.

Booth getting injured is a tough break, but he's probably been the least impactful signing from the summer.
    Komarov being banged up is making a difference. And they clearly miss Lupul. Those guys can move and are good in the corners.

Now that they are firmly out of the playoffs, let's get excited for what SHOULD be an eventful trade deadline. If Nonis isn't selling, I don't understand what he's thinking.
    I'm more excited about how far they can fall in the standings (although that could go hand in hand with unloading assets at the deadline), this years draft crop is fantastic and a top 10 pick would go a long way toward building this team from the ground up.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Has Kessel even scored a point since the coaching change? The team might be swaying too far to the other side now, or the team has already given up on the season.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Titan

January 9th he had 2 pts (1G, 1A). Howerchuck was brought in on the 6th I think. Toronto is 2-8 in the last 10, and in the 2 wins, Kessel scored. I think it’s pretty obvious when Kessel scores, Leafs win. Except with his streakiness, the Leafs become streaky.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Can someone chime in here and tell me how were playing?

The only game I've seen since the coaching change was vs Anaheim. I'm hearing all this good possession stats, and low shot totals against, but are they playing good.

It was obvious to me in the Anaheim game that they VASTLY improved their break outs. Using the middle way more often and not just hacking it outside the line. Another thing I noticed was we are less of a rush team now, and the D hold onto it longer and wait for a less risky play. Which I think has led to less offence thing. Kessel is probably a top 3 player in the league with on-the-rush shots. I would argue best in the league, but top 3 to be safe. Anyways, those were two big things I've noticed when I watched them that game. Fast clean breakouts up the middle, and less rushes.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

rumors from kevin mcgran:

Centre Ryan O’Reilly from Colorado, with Jake Gardiner and maybe Tyler Bozak going the other way.

Phaneuf and his monstrous contract to L.A. for Mike Richards (Phaneuf has six years left at $7 million, Richards five at $5.75 million).

i'm not sure if this guy is a credible source but i do believe leafs will make at least one major move this year.

o'reilly/gardiner swap makes sense, as much as i love gardiner and think he will be a stud, we already have reilly who will likely be better (hopefully this isn't another rask/pogge situation where we trade away the wrong guy). i'd be against this deal if we have to add bozak, unless we're getting something back with o'reilly. chances are we have to re-sign o'reilly at around 7M minimum.

i've actually proposed the phaneuf/richards deal on the forums a while back. i think phaneuf would be really good in LA, he wouldn't be a top 2, no need to deal with pressure being the captain, and he would always have someone good defensively pairing with him. and while i don't think richards will ever be half as good offensively as he was in philly, he is 10 times the better captain that phaneuf would be so that itself is a good enough upgrade along with getting a slightly better contract.

if leafs can get a top 10 pick this year and trade phaneuf i'd call this season a win. not as good as making the playoffs but much better than finishing 9th.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey Praba. Just wondering about your comment that Richards would be 10 times the better captain than Phaneuf.

Are you suggesting the leafs immediately anoint Richards their captain in this scenario? Isn't that what got them in this trouble last time by handing over the C to the new guy? And what makes you feel Richards is a good captain anyway? I mean he was shuttled out of Philly and then been depreciating in La ever since. What makes him captain material?

I'm definitely not trying to support Phaneuf as captain, but interested in the roots of your comment.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    rumors from kevin mcgran:

i'm not sure if this guy is a credible source but i do believe leafs will make at least one major move this year.

o'reilly/gardiner swap makes sense, as much as i love gardiner and think he will be a stud, we already have reilly who will likely be better (hopefully this isn't another rask/pogge situation where we trade away the wrong guy). i'd be against this deal if we have to add bozak, unless we're getting something back with o'reilly. chances are we have to re-sign o'reilly at around 7M minimum.

If O'reilly was on the table for Gardiner and Bozak that would be phenomenal for the Leafs!!!! Bozak is not a difficult commodity to replace and Gardiner has some serious question marks that have brought his value way down.

I'm curious to know what it is you think will make Gardiner a stud and do you see that happening as a d-man?

I love the kids wheels but in his own zone his errors are the sort that leave everyone in the building shaking their heads. I understand that offensive d-men can be prone to mistakes in their own zone and still contribute an overall positive result to the team but Gardiner has taken it to another level and it's often not his decisions with the puck that blow me away, it's his decisions without the puck....this kid looks lost much of the time. Reilly is far and away the best young d-man on the Leafs and one of the only untouchable assets on the team according to insiders. Put your faith in Morgan!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    If O'reilly was on the table for Gardiner and Bozak that would be phenomenal for the Leafs!!!! Bozak is not a difficult commodity to replace and Gardiner has some serious question marks that have brought his value way down.

I'm curious to know what it is you think will make Gardiner a stud and do you see that happening as a d-man?

I love the kids wheels but in his own zone his errors are the sort that leave everyone in the building shaking their heads. I understand that offensive d-men can be prone to mistakes in their own zone and still contribute an overall positive result to the team but Gardiner has taken it to another level and it's often not his decisions with the puck that blow me away, it's his decisions without the puck....this kid looks lost much of the time. Reilly is far and away the best young d-man on the Leafs and one of the only untouchable assets on the team according to insiders. Put your faith in Morgan!!
    i don't think gardiner will be a top defensive guy but I think his upside can get him to 50 points on the right team, and Colorado would definitely be one of those teams. not happening in Toronto as long as phaneuf is hogging offensive minutes.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Hey Praba. Just wondering about your comment that Richards would be 10 times the better captain than Phaneuf.

Are you suggesting the leafs immediately anoint Richards their captain in this scenario? Isn't that what got them in this trouble last time by handing over the C to the new guy? And what makes you feel Richards is a good captain anyway? I mean he was shuttled out of Philly and then been depreciating in La ever since. What makes him captain material?

I'm definitely not trying to support Phaneuf as captain, but interested in the roots of your comment.

Thanks

it's more me saying phaneuf is a terrible captain than Richards is an amazing captain. realistically, leafs have no one else that is captain material right now. as long as Richards isn't an alcoholic he's a much better choice.

also heard on the radio today that Elliot freedman also reported the possibility of phaneuf/Richards swap so who knows.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    it's more me saying phaneuf is a terrible captain than Richards is an amazing captain. realistically, leafs have no one else that is captain material right now. as long as Richards isn't an alcoholic he's a much better choice.

also heard on the radio today that Elliot freedman also reported the possibility of phaneuf/Richards swap so who knows.
    Do not disagree with the criticism on Phaneuf as our Captain. However, if given the opportunity to strip the C or have it vacated via trade of Phaneuf, I'd actually sooner see the team go an entire season with only A's, much like montreal has this year. I really hope the next captain is someone who everyone can rally behind. Way too late for Dion.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Do not disagree with the criticism on Phaneuf as our Captain. However, if given the opportunity to strip the C or have it vacated via trade of Phaneuf, I'd actually sooner see the team go an entire season with only A's, much like montreal has this year. I really hope the next captain is someone who everyone can rally behind. Way too late for Dion.
    that makes more sense to me, I'm never a fan of giving a new guy the captaincy unless we're talking someone who has been in the league for years and is already respected around the league.

Dobber Sports Stud

And the Leafs are closing in on some juicy McEichel odds!! Keep it up boys, the drop in the standings this year has given me reason to cheer again

http://www.mceichel.com/tank-tracker/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    And the Leafs are closing in on some juicy McEichel odds!! Keep it up boys, the drop in the standings this year has given me reason to cheer again

http://www.mceichel.com/tank-tracker/

LOL! Tank tracker.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

The Leafs have only 11 goals in their 9 games in January, yikes!

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m hoping they can get in that top5 mark. Looking at previous years, the difference in raw talent from spots 1-5 to 6-10 is a fair bit. If people were watching “The Quizmaster” at the 1st intermission last night, they talked about Kessel and if he was a cornerstone piece or a tradable piece. I have to agree with what BobMac said. He compared Kessel to Gaborik in LA with more talent. Gaborik isn’t relied on to get the team to win, but he’s a scorer who will pot the odd goal. I think that’s how the Leafs need to build, not around Kessel, but with Kessel. Pretty evident that when Kessel scores, Leafs win, and it’s also evident Kessel goes cold for a 10+game stretch annually. This team needs to learn how to win without Kessel before they will be a playoff team.

Hopefully the NHL sticks to the closed door draft lottery system, because maybe they’ll feel bad for the Leafs and just give us 1st overall.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll