Page 94 of 414 FirstFirst ... 44 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

If I were forced to pick I'd give it to Bozak, but I agree there are no solid choices on that team in terms of leadership.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    If I were forced to pick I'd give it to Bozak, but I agree there are no solid choices on that team in terms of leadership.
    I would also give it to Bozak before anyone else.

Rielly is just way way to young. Lupul? I don't see it. Kadri? Ha. Kessel no way. Clarkson, meh.

Until an actual leader comes around why even have a captain?

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Buds fans, quick questions from a guy in the States who gets to see very few Leafs games...

Is Kadri and his line often used to match up against the opposing team' top line? And when they're on the road, are other teams more likely to use their shutdown line to cover Kessel's line?

Just wondering and thinking about it, in regards to tonight's tilt against Dallas. Thanks!
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Titan

1.) It would be either Lupul, Robidas, or Bozak as Captain if they named a new one this yr (they’d go with 3A’s tho)

2.) Bozak would be my choice as a leader. He’d get an A for sure for permanent. But it would depend how he is in the dressing room.

3.) Let’s say Robidas retires, Bozak is Captain, and Lupul is A. I’d say Clarkson is a good choice for an alternate. Hard worker, grinder, willing to fight/intimidate. He obviously sticks up for his teammates.

4.) Reilly, way too young. He’s still being overcoached, he wouldn’t be given a leadership role when he’s still being told every single small mistake he does.

5.) Top D PP pairing should not include Franson and Dion. Both are too slow to gain any momentum to get in the zone. Reilly+Dion or Reilly+Franson should be the pair. Franson is easily top 10 at holding the line on a powerplay. How often does the camera move past him because they thought the puck was being iced. People don’t give Dion any credit on his passing on the powerplay, he’s actually pretty solid. He’s got a lot of confidence in his back hand saucer. He’ll be the last man back and he’ll sauce it to Phil; one stick touching it and the defender is on a breakaway.

6.) Kadri wanted to be up against the top line of the other team, which is why Winnik is placed on the 2nd line really. There is chemistry on that line, but their cycle game and back checking (from Winnik and Santorelli) really help out defensively against opponent’s top line.

7.) Spezza will be up against Bozak on draws tonight if that’s what you’re looking for. Spezza is miles ahead of Bozak at draws, and Seguin is ahead of Kadri at draws (barely). Dallas will want to stay away from the end-to-end game so Seguin+Benn+whoever wont line up against Bozak-Kessel-JvR (Lupul) line.

My 2cents

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    1.) It would be either Lupul, Robidas, or Bozak as Captain if they named a new one this yr (they’d go with 3A’s tho)

2.) Bozak would be my choice as a leader. He’d get an A for sure for permanent. But it would depend how he is in the dressing room.

3.) Let’s say Robidas retires, Bozak is Captain, and Lupul is A. I’d say Clarkson is a good choice for an alternate. Hard worker, grinder, willing to fight/intimidate. He obviously sticks up for his teammates.

4.) Reilly, way too young. He’s still being overcoached, he wouldn’t be given a leadership role when he’s still being told every single small mistake he does.

5.) Top D PP pairing should not include Franson and Dion. Both are too slow to gain any momentum to get in the zone. Reilly+Dion or Reilly+Franson should be the pair. Franson is easily top 10 at holding the line on a powerplay. How often does the camera move past him because they thought the puck was being iced. People don’t give Dion any credit on his passing on the powerplay, he’s actually pretty solid. He’s got a lot of confidence in his back hand saucer. He’ll be the last man back and he’ll sauce it to Phil; one stick touching it and the defender is on a breakaway.

6.) Kadri wanted to be up against the top line of the other team, which is why Winnik is placed on the 2nd line really. There is chemistry on that line, but their cycle game and back checking (from Winnik and Santorelli) really help out defensively against opponent’s top line.

7.) Spezza will be up against Bozak on draws tonight if that’s what you’re looking for. Spezza is miles ahead of Bozak at draws, and Seguin is ahead of Kadri at draws (barely). Dallas will want to stay away from the end-to-end game so Seguin+Benn+whoever wont line up against Bozak-Kessel-JvR (Lupul) line.

My 2cents
    1) Probably Lupes IMO. He's essentially the team's unofficial leader at this point to the fans and the media. When things are bad the media asks him about it, when things are good he's the face of it. Makes sense to just make it official.

2) Not a fan. He's too quiet IMO.

3) Sure I guess.

4) Agreed. This overcoaching is going to hurt him if Carlyle stays much longer. Same thing with Gardiner, although Gardiner is further along in it. You can see the lack of confidence and how it's hurt him.

5) Agreed for the most part but Dion has played miles better with cut minutes (now that we a little more support). Not sure I want to give him more now on the PP if it hurts him overall.

6) Kadri's puck possession is what drives that. He's the single best possession player we have.

7) I'm not sure why you think Spezza is miles ahead of Bozak on draws because he's not even better than Bozak. Bozak has won a higher percentage (albeit it 0.3 percent higher) but has taken almost 250 more faceoffs than Spezza. Bozak has almost won as many faceoffs as Spezza has taken FYI. You're correct about Kadri being barely better than Seguin in faceoff WIN PERCENTAGE (by a percent) but that's not a great comparison honestly. Seguin has only taken 201 faceoffs this year (Benn takes more) while Kadri has taken more than Spezza (who is the team leader in faceoffs taken).
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Spezza is a vet at draws, and saying Bozak was a lot worse is a big mistake by me actually. He’s done well. But I would say Spezza is better. We shall see tonight.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Hey Buds fans, quick questions from a guy in the States who gets to see very few Leafs games...

Is Kadri and his line often used to match up against the opposing team' top line? And when they're on the road, are other teams more likely to use their shutdown line to cover Kessel's line?

Just wondering and thinking about it, in regards to tonight's tilt against Dallas. Thanks!

Yes, lately Kadri has been lining up with the other teams top lines

The other teams top defence pair will always be up against kessel bozak jvr though

Dobber Sports Stud

I think Bozak is undervalued at faceoffs, he almost always is put out on the PK, along with as many defensive zone draws as possible
    and Ive always said Carlyle is the reason gardiner is perceived as bad in leafs nation, the guy wants him to turn into something he's not and well imo he should just accept the bad plays but take the great speed, and offensive instincts he has.(its like Karlsson in Ottawa, he is NEVER going to become a shutdown guy, it just wont happen but do you see him being held back because of it, no.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, what does everyone think of the game yesterday? Seemed like classic lets-get-outshot-but-rely-on-our-unreal-unconsistent-goaltending type of game. But JVR and Kadri were great. JVR has one of the softest pair of hands in the league. Just slipped it neatly under Lehtonen's legs.
    To thrive in life, you need three bones.

A wishbone.
    A backbone.
    And a funny bone.

-Reba McEntire

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Joe13 View Post
    Well, what does everyone think of the game yesterday? Seemed like classic lets-get-outshot-but-rely-on-our-unreal-unconsistent-goaltending type of game. But JVR and Kadri were great. JVR has one of the softest pair of hands in the league. Just slipped it neatly under Lehtonen's legs.
    Agreed man. Love'n JVR. As an owner of JVR too... I was a little cross with him being moved off Kessel's line for the 2nd time this year, however I kinda like him next to Kadri as well. Think it makes that 2nd line even better. Infact... If that sticks.. then keep those guys together and make room for Eberle to Slot in on the RW for that group. Then we'd have 2 high flying and dynamic scoring lines! Could you just imagine! Ahhhhh Christmas Miracles...???

Dobber Sports Stud

those types of wins are exactly what we don't need, giving up 43 shots...damn, not a single player on Toronto was positive Corsi yet we win 4-0...makes zero sense, also its now difficult for Carlyle to try and get it across to the team that they need to change. a perfect example of last years leafs who tanked.(Top 6 scores all the goals, and we give up way to much Shots)
    JVR and Kadri on the other hand are filthy offensively and I think should be kept together full time, with Bozak and Kessel as the other two set in our top 6 with rotating wingers
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Joe13 View Post
    I saw the replay, that was classic 2014-15 Stars. Shoot, and then the rebound goes the other way as a breakaway. But hey at least Tyler hit Bernier. Goli's shot that got turned around in Edmonton never even made it to the top of the right circle.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

special teams, goaltending and dallas' shoddy defence is the reason we won with a negative corsi. So its not like it makes NO sense

dallas really turned it up a notch at the end of the 2nd and the entire 3rd and again we couldn't seem to shift the momentum back
    im pretty sure dallas was under 20 shots with only a few minutes left in the 2nd
    somehow I think the reason ties back to our leadership discussion

Dobber Sports Stud

I posted this in the Black aces section but I figure I'll post the Bozak half on here
    Why Bozak is a legit top 6 forward, and a top line center with the right chemistry. (I.e. Kessel) His numbers are without a doubt helped by having Kessel who is one of the most prolific scorers in today’s NHL on his wing, but his high hockey IQ is undeniable, along with his deceptive shot, and good passing ability. His board play is alright helping keep the play alive while driving ok possession -10.4 CorRel. He has 11 PPP so far this season, playing with Kessel, and JVR 81% of the time. He spends 74% EV-TOI with Kessel, and JVR. Great company if I’d say so myself.

5v5 Individual Stats (460 TOI): 6 Goals, 11 Assists, 17 Points, 39 Shots, 102.1 PDO, 1.43Pts/60, 9.48 on Ice Sh%, 497 Total FO, 44.2 FF%.
    5V4 Individual Stats (102 TOI): 7 Goals, 4 Assists, 11 Points, 24 Shots, 105.8 PDO, 4.67Pts/60, 15.32 on ice Sh%, 85.1 FF%.
    Toronto score on a whopping 85% of their Fenwick for whilst on the PP with Bozak on ice which at first it seems exaggerated but by digging a little further into it you notice his previous seasons are much the same. From 84.6% 13-14 and 85.0% 12-13 so we can expect status quo for that stat, but what this shows is the fact that when he is on the ice they have a successful powerplay. (Unlikely to be demoted from top PP) Now remember he plays with Kessel and JVR both very good at creating on the Powerplay, and 9 of his 11 PPP have come with those two so that does help his numbers.
    So I took a look at his 5v5 on ice sh% which is somewhat low but not by any means alarming sitting at 9.48%. 1021 PDO is solid, and indicates he is quite average in terms of “puck luck”. So question is how can he increase his points, with little chance his puck luck changes drastically, short answer is shoot more, his 2.26 Shots per game is not quite good enough, but it still has allowed him to roll along at a 0.80 Point per game pace. What this data shows fantasy owners is that you should continue getting much of the same from Bozak, it helps he gets the bulk of important draws if your league counts face off wins but not so good if you think about it in terms of zone start advantages/disadvantages. Off Zone start % is 42.5 and if the coach pushed that number closer to 50 he would see an increase in 5v5 goals Bozak will struggle to hit 50 Off Zone start % because of the fact he is a CorRel -10.40 which leads to bad possession numbers (bad possession teams tend to take more DZ starts.
    I think Bozak has the skill and opportunity to get to 70 points this season, and set career highs.
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Pretty safe to say they are currently out of the playoffs.
    Florida is 3 points back of them with 4 games in hand.
    And the Leafs have played way more home games than road games. Sigh.
    Boston is still lirking on the outskirts too. There's no way Toronto makes the playoffs ahead of the Bruins.

A lot of people are blaming Reimer again, and, sure, it would be nice if he could steal them a game.
    He's the least of their problems, though. He's keeping them in games in which they should be getting blown out.
    They are getting badly outshot (and dominated possession-wise) game after game after game.
    Even on their winning streak, it was easy to see they were going to hit a nasty cold spell soon. And it's here.
    By the end of this lengthy road schedule, they will be firmly out of the top 8. Nonis should start thinking seriously about the trade deadline and how to remake this roster.
    To say it's "fatally flawed" is an understatement, to say the least.
    Pretty safe to say that 6th through 12th in the east is going to be a crapshoot. I don't see 4 teams making it from the metropolitan; Pittsburgh and NYI for sure, and one of the Rangers or the Caps, probly the rangers. From the Atlantic, Montreal and Tampa are locks. the red wings most likely make it in 3rd, depending on the health of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and the leafs, bruins, panthers, sens, jackets, and the caps are left to battle for the remaining two spots. Philly maybe, but they don't have enough depth anywhere, really. not too much trust in Mason either. out of those teams, i say the bruins should make it, they've beem hit hard with injuries early on, they should turn it around. of the remaining teams, i think the leafs could make it. panthers are young, sens are even shakier than the leafs, washington has Ovi and Backstrom, period. cbj is actually a good team, but they fell back too far in the earlygoing. the leafs need to show up to play every night. the squad they have right now will never be more than a bubble team; but bubble teams can make the playoffs. phaneuf needs to go, its been going on too long. sloppy mistakes i his own zone, 15% of our cap, bring in Anthopolous if you have to, just do something about him. btw, AA's unloading of Wells' contract was nothing short of spectacular. kessel is consistent in the big picture, keep him. hes a guy whos worth the cash. bozak and kadri will make a nice 1-2 punch once Kadri develops a little more. 1a-1b type of situation. bozak had a 0.84 ppg season last year, and is 0.81 this year. definitely not part of the problem. clarkson is a decent bottom-6 forward, i actually somewhat enjoy watching him play. then i remember how much hes getting paid compared to others on the team, and i hate him again. lupul is a guy they could trade and not feel it too much, they play half the season without him anyways. the leafs' bottom 6 has improved drastically. santorelli, komarov, booth, holland, panik, clarksons good too but they have to get rid of him due to salary. i hope everything ive said makes sense, sorry bout the sloppy grammar and spelling. im alittle high i think
    To thrive in life, you need three bones.

A wishbone.
    A backbone.
    And a funny bone.

-Reba McEntire