Page 91 of 412 FirstFirst ... 41 81 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

My Toronto(H) - Anaheim(A) Stats Review:
    Kessel (15:48 TOI) 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 4 SOG, +7 Corsi. Had a great 3rd period scoring twice, 1 PPG

Clarkson (14:35 TOI) dished out 7 hits, taking 2 Shots, 1 Block, -11 Corsi

Bozak(18:27 TOI) had another good night this season, 1 Goal, 1 Assist 1 Shot, +3 Corsi, 1 Block and 5 Hits, and was 57% on the Faceoff dot.

David Booth (6:35 TOI) scored on a wraparound nearly 5 Minutes into 3rd had his first good offensive night of the year, 1 Goal, 1 Shot, 2 Hits, and -10 Corsi. Keep an eye on Booth could replace Winnik on the 3rd line once he proves to Carlyle he’s finally in game shape after missing beginning of season. Playing in his 10th game last night.

Holland (16:10 TOI) gathered an assist on Lupul’s first period goal, with a nice pass to Holzer who dished it over to finish the play. 1 Assist, 2 PIM, +1 PlusMinus, 50% Faceoff, 4 Shots on Goal, -14 Corsi

Kadri (17:07 TOI) 46% on Faceoff, 1 Goal, 2 Hits, 1 Block, 1 Shot on Goal, -3 Corsi, 1:37 PP TOI. He scored on a beautiful toe drag then picks the right corner with a good shot.

Winnik leads NHL in SH TOI with 3.46min a game for people in leagues who count shorthanded TOI and SHP

Two leafs to keep an eye on for waiver wire help Peter Holland and David Booth.
    Holland: has 4 points in 6 games and is showing chemistry with Clarkson and Lupul. Booth: only has two points in last 6 games, but has offensive skills leafs could use on 3rd line.
    Toronto’s next matchup @ Carolina on Thursday; Toronto Maple leafs are 5-2-3 in all away games while Carolina is 5-7-1 at home this season
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

The Great One

You say booth could replace winnik on the third line. What makes you think the Holland Lupul clarkson line is our 2nd line?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I guess you can say if he worked out he could lose everything he has talent wise. Like he messes up his timing and maybe even his speed.

But you don’t know his routine, so even your arguments are guesswork, and the car story goes a die-hard in the class waited in the parking lot to try and get a Kessel interview and saw him get out of the car. But junk food could be timmies bags, coffee cups, or anything like that which wouldn’t be even THAT bad. Needless to say the die-hard isn’t the smartest because I don’t think Kessel would have given him a great interview in the morning, to a student, prior to preseason lol.

I did find it odd people were questioning Bozaks and Kessels summer routine (new contracts and bff’s) after a bad first game, but not JvR’s. My point with Kessel was if he was a “less pudge more muscle” build (6ft, 202lbs now) it would be a safe thing to assume he could get faster. Don’t rip me on the “less pudge more muscle” thing; I think you know what I mean.
    I know what you mean, it just bothers me. It's based on the assumption that a 6 pack equals muscle and perfect fitness and anything less isn't good enough (in many cases anyways). You just can't judge a guy on what you "think" his build is. People have different body types and just because the common thing is "six pack good" doesn't mean those without one don't train at a high level. Look at Morgan Rielly. The guy is listed at the SAME size and weight as Kessel and rumored to be at 215 pounds this year instead of the 205 and 6 feet he's listed at. Yet he's not pudgy and Kessel is? Come on. It's ridiculous. People are just looking to pick at some part of his game and make it into an issue. That is literally all I see. Not to mention there are a host of other things that could prevent him from having the same definition that some players do (I know some medications can prevent, including stuff that is often used in cancer treatment although I can't claim to know what or even Kessel uses any medication).

Like you said, I don't know what he does in training, I just know what I see. And what I see is a guy who is among the top 5 fastest skaters in the league, and has one of the best shots in the league (in terms of accuracy, and strength). You don't get that by doing nothing. Since the 2012-2013 only Getzlaf, Giroux and Crosby have more points than him. Only Ovechkin and Seguin have more goals. And during that same time only Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Giroux, Malkin, Getzlaf and Kane have better PPG paces. He's one of only TEN players in that time to have a PPG or better pace. I just find it VERY hard to believe that any player gets there by half assing training. Not to mention that he hasn't missed an NHL game since his first season with Toronto and that doesn't just happen by dumb luck.

But let's go so far as to play with a hypothetical of Kessel not training like he could. What more is training going to do for him? He CURRENTLY has the 7th best PPG in the NHL since 2012-2013. I think it's safe for us to assume that he isn't Crosby since I think we can all agree that Crosby is special and a generational talent. That leaves Malkin with the best PPG at 1.174 (Crosby's is above 1.3...), and then the next best after him is Stammer at 1.119. That's a fairly significant gap. Do we think he could push his way to Malkin territory and almost 1.2? I doubt it.

So let's say he can push himself to Stammer territory at 1.119. You want to know what the difference between him and Stammer is currently in PPG pace? 0.088. Or over an 82 game season? 7 points. 7 whole points. So he puts himself into one of 4 players in the league capable of 1.1 PPG a game (only Getzlaf, Stammer, Crosby, Malkin did that in that time).

Point being I seriously doubt that Kessel trains the way people think he does and I seriously doubt that even if he did it would make any real difference in his game.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    You say booth could replace winnik on the third line. What makes you think the Holland Lupul clarkson line is our 2nd line?
    it's definitely a Line 2B/C situation but with Lupul being the best forward not on the 1st line I'll give him a very slight advantage over Kadri's line
    Kadri is closing that gap
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Stud

Holland – since being pointless in his first 6 games this season, Holland has really turned his production around since OCT.31 getting 12 points in 22 games 0.54% point per game pace. He has a -16Corsi on the season and a 39.9OZ%. 988 PDO tells me his luck will turn soon and his current PPG pace will continue to improve.
    Current Stat line: 7 Goals, 6 Assists, 2 PPP, -1PlusMinus, 12 PIM, 43 Shots, 16.3Sh%

Santorelli – has an On Ice Sh% of 14.58 on the season which is completely unsustainable and you can expect a regression in terms of point production once his luck starts running out. His offensive zone start percentage is lowest among Leafs center 39OZ% which is good to see he can still produce points while receiving tougher minutes.
    Current Stat line: 6 Goals, 16 Assists, 2 PPP, +17PlusMinus, 6 PIM, 54 Shots, 11.1Sh%

Kadri – On Ice Sh% 12.71 and PDO at 1048 says he is getting a little lucky but with his positive Corsi and 42OZ% is a good indication his point production will continue to hold 11 points in his last 10 games, he is producing amazing right now. Firing 72 Shots on net in 31 games this season with a personal shooting percentage of 12.5.
    Current Stat line: 9 Goals, 11 Assists, 2 PPP, +9PlusMinus, 10 PIM, 72 Shots

Booth – 10 GP, a 986 PDO, with an On Ice Sh% 9.38. He has turned the corner the past few games, having 3 shots and 5 hits against DET and a goal against Anaheim.
    Current Stat line: 2 Points, 7 Shots, and 26 Hits.

Gardiner – 29 GP a 987 PDO with an On Ice Sh% 7.80. A -13 Corsi rating is not a good sign, but his low PDO and on ice shooting% tells me his 8 points his 29 games(0.28PPG) is very low considering his offensive skills and should improve with a bit of puck luck. Skating on the 2nd PP unit isn’t great but his 46.5 OZ% is a good sign that Carlyle is using him according to his skill set.
    Current Stat line: 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 3PPP, 36 Shots, and -9PlusMinus

I'll be tracking these players in tonight's game against Carolina to see how they help the leafs in terms of production, and possession.
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Stud

Carolina 4 Vs Toronto 1
    Shots Car:37 Tor:26
    Toronto once again gives up more than 30 shots in a game, which is becoming quite the problem for them recently having trouble keeping the opposition out of their zone, and possession suffering because of that.
    Stat Review
    Holland (16:03): 8 CF, 15 CA = -7 Corsi, 1 Assist, 1 SOG, 1 Takeaway, 40% FO, 3:13 SH-TOI
    Booth (8:37): 5 CF, 8 CA = -3 Corsi, 1 SOG, 2 Hits
    Santorelli (19:23): 14 CF, 19 CA = -5 Corsi, 1 Takeaway, 1:15 SH-TOI
    Kadri (18:49): 17 CF, 17 CA = 0 Corsi, 2 SOG, -1 PlusMinus, 5 Hits, 1 Block, 29.4% FO, 1:29 PP-TOI
    Gardiner (19:41): 17 CF, 19 CA = -2 Corsi, 2 SOG, 2 PIM, -2 PlusMinus, 1 Hit, 1:22 PP-TOI, 1:00 SH-TOI

Maple Leafs Line reviews
    Line 1: Lupul – Bozak – Kessel - a high flying offensive line, created okay chances once put together
    Line 2: Santorelli – Kadri – VanRiemsdyk - a good looking possession line, created chances every time out
    Line 3: Winnik – Holland – Clarkson – a good forechecking line, created the only goal for leafs
    Line 4: Booth – Smith – Panik – solid 4th line, created energy, and used speed well

James vanRiemsdyk was the only positive leaf in terms of Corsi, being a +5 on the night
    Gardiner had a good end to end rush ending with a snap shot up high, stopped by Ward
    Gardiner had a good shift 4 on 4 using the open ice to his speed advantage, swinging around the OZ then pinching in trying a jam play to beat ward. Stopped
    Booth showing good jump, pressuring ward into making a mistake while playing the puck behind net
    Kadri was dancing, very good along the boards, and creating space
    Santorelli was his usual puck pursuit hound self, never giving up in the OZ
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey guys
    New to these forums and also a diehard leafer

First thing I see here is heavy heavy heavy analytics of the last game against carolina

If i were to say that were an above average special teams team, a top offensive team, and a team with a deep forward group so we should make the playoffs quite easily am I going to be shit on because were allowing too many shots against??

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bookoz View Post
    Hey guys
    New to these forums and also a diehard leafer

First thing I see here is heavy heavy heavy analytics of the last game against carolina

If i were to say that were an above average special teams team, a top offensive team, and a team with a deep forward group so we should make the playoffs quite easily am I going to be shit on because were allowing too many shots against??
    I would say no, our game is best when we play a wide open fast paced game, more goals are created on the rush, compared to a lot of zone time, but with saying that, we cant allow our goalies to get peppered game in game out, because like last season showed, it will catch up to you, if the goalies falter even slightly in terms of Sv% we will drop in the standings, especially if we don't clean up our act against lowly teams that we should beat
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think we need to accept that playing that fast open paced game will lead to an above average amount of shots against
    If we could play that style and allow 25 shots a game, we would be far and away the best team in the league. We become the perfect team
    A lot of leaf fans demand perfection of course, so thats the issue
    And I dont think its fair to compare them to last year. We had no 3rd and 4th line and we had a shitty penalty kill so when Reims couldnt hold the fort it all fell apart. Were much different this year. Good enough to get in I think, and Im a firm believer that anything can happen in the playoffs (hot streaks)
    Pretty soon Booth Winnik Panik will be our 4th line
    Last year we woulda been happy to have that as our 3rd line
    It would be almost a shame to put Winnik down there with how well hes complimented Kadri

Dobber Sports Stud

my issue with the amount of shots we give up is when it is against teams like Carolina who have been held to 1 goal a game for 6 games, and all it takes is a visit from the leafs to turn their fortune around, similar games earlier in the year were the buffalo and New Jersey. IMO the good teams in the NHL don't allow the teams behind them beat them so easily, so until they start showing consistency no matter who they are facing I wont get too excited.
    I do believe though they will make the playoffs in a wild card spot and probably beat the first round opponent
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Carolina was bound to win a game and score more than a goal. In the words of Bryzgalov, "Its hockey you know"
    A lot of players get psyched playing against the leafs. Its a fact. Most players in the league grew up either hating or loving the leafs. Its not just another game for them, so carolina showed up to play last night. Not to say that we played well or anything, but there has to be more credit given to the other team when we lose as opposed to pointing out mistakes that we made to get a loss. That happens EVERY SINGLE LOSS

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bookoz View Post
    Carolina was bound to win a game and score more than a goal. In the words of Bryzgalov, "Its hockey you know"
    A lot of players get psyched playing against the leafs. Its a fact. Most players in the league grew up either hating or loving the leafs. Its not just another game for them, so carolina showed up to play last night. Not to say that we played well or anything, but there has to be more credit given to the other team when we lose as opposed to pointing out mistakes that we made to get a loss. That happens EVERY SINGLE LOSS
    of course they were bound to score more than 1, my point is the leafs make a habit out of letting the lesser teams get away with almost easy wins. im not taking anything away from Carolina don't get me wrong, they thoroughly outplayed the leafs, out shooting, and out battling them but it shouldn't be that easy for them to take two points away.
    I 100% agree players show up when they are from around the GTA to play against the leafs.
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No way they thoroughly outplayed them!!
    First period was all canes
    Second was all leafs
    Third was fairly even and carolina pulled through with a power play goal
    Game over and end of story!!!
    We have some kinda superiority complex where we think carolina should never win against us. Its absurd!!
    You can look at stats all you want, that was a good hockey game to watch where Carolina came out on top

Dobber Sports Stud

Keys to the game: will be limiting the Flyers deadly PP which is fifth in the NHL on the season, and have accounted for 31% of their offense on the season with 25 goals. Voracek and Giroux have a lot to say about that, so the leafs must help themselves out by playing a disciplined game
    As well as attempting to stem the flow of pucks going toward the netminder, which they have struggled with giving up more than 30 shots a game in 6 of the last 7 games. As well as giving up more than 40 three times in that time.

Players to watch tonight:
    Franson – having 20 points on the season, he is our best offensive D-man, runs the top PP unit along with Phaneuf. 3 of his 5 goals have come with the man advantage along with 4 of his 15 assists. Watch out for him if Toronto gets a lot of PP time tonight. Though with saying that he must begin shooting more to continue with his goal pace, his 10.2Sh% is a tad high

James Van Riemsdyk – he has been on a tear the last 10 games, scoring 11 points. He is averaging 3.25 shots a game sitting roughly on his career average, but he could do to shoot more which is a possibility if he stays off of Kessel’s line. He is on pace to set a career high in goals, and shooting more will only help him reach that level.

Holland – with 2 points in his last two games, along with 4 shots, he is looking good these days, after going through a cold streak in mid to late November (1Pt, 8Gp) he has turned his game around big time. Against Carolina he sped into the Oz and stopped near the right dot to fire a pass back up to Phaneuf who sniped the only goal for Toronto.

Clarkson – He has been playing good hockey for Toronto this season, showing the skill set he had in NJD back in 11-12/12-13 when he was at his best. Already tied with his previous season point total of 11 in half of the games played, he has been good goal scoring depth for a team that needed it. His one area I believe he needs to improve if he expects to continue his goal scoring pace, is SOG averaging only 1.8 a game at this moment.

Rielly - our most promising player has had an okay sophomore season so far, showing glimpses of the high end speed and skill he has, his goals per game is up from last season, along with his shots sitting at 2.1 a game which is a very promising sign his pace should improve as the season goes along. If he could get on the top PP unit his assist number would go up (5v4OnIce PDO is at 88.6) and should put him on pace for a career high in points at the end of the season.
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Wow, this Flyers game is just further proof the Leafs are ripe for yet another collapse.

I can't see how Toronto makes the playoffs.
    Absolutely getting dominated by an average (at best) Flyers club.
    that 2nd period was atrocious, honestly think they had 2 or 3 clean breakouts, let alone any sustained OZ time except the 4th line which has been our best line so far....nuf said
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller