Page 90 of 414 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

After taking some time and having this in the back of my mind all day now, I bet Leo starts on the 4th line (like what Lupul did) and slowly make his way back to the 3rd or 2nd line. Eventually someone will get cold and things will move. Maybe Booth gets healthy scratched and leaves Panik in because he has played well recently.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Who's planning the parade route?
    You haven’t seen the pylons already set up on Jarvis yet?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

EMG, I think a regression has to come at some point too.

Even last nights game they shouldn't have gotten a point from it, let alone two.

But to continue our conversation from the Eakins thread, you don't think Bernier is that big of an upgrade to Reimer?

The Great One

Fair enough.

Big game tonight.

Dobber Sports Titan

confirmed before noon today, Andersen vs Bernier. I was really hoping to see Bryzy :-(

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Even last nights game they shouldn't have gotten a point from it, let alone two.
    To be completly honest going into the game I was expecting 0 points, with anything more to be gravy. One of those "Scheduled losses", so to speak.

We've been playing a lot at home. Having 17 of 22 coming on the road soon is probably going to lead to that regression.

Leafs have historically had a high shooting % of late, since they have a lot of high % shooters. Yes, most of those shooters (Santorelli and Co.) are shooting higher then their regular averages right now, but as mentioned here :

Prior to this season, I expressed doubts that the Leafs could sustain a significantly higher than normal team shooting percentage because a number of the guys they picked up (Santorelli, Winnik, Booth, Clarkson, Komarov) were traditionally low-shooting percentage players. Many of these guys currently have high on-ice shooting percentages that suggest they aren’t unsustainable. Komarov won’t finish the season at 12.88%. Santorelli won’t finish the season at 12.72%, nor will Lupul at 12.50%. No player, not even Sidney Crosby, has finished a season that high. In the case of Santorelli and Komarov, a more typical season for them is likely around 7%. David Clarkson’s on-ice shooting percentage is 9.94%, while his average over the past four seasons is a meagre 5.71%.

That said, the Leafs top line of Kessel-Bozak-JVR has been below normal this season in 5v5 on-ice shooting percentage; so, as some of those guys above drop, the top trio should improve. That said, it is probably safe to expect the Leafs overall shooting percentage, and thus PDO, to drop some over the remainder of the season, but they are likely to remain an above average PDO team because they are probably legitimately an above-average team in both shooting and save percentages.
    I remember there was a Babcock quote from before Saturday's game that mentioned something along the lines of "They don't need as many chances as other teams to score on you" alluding to that fact, but I can't find it atm.

So while I agree with the both of you that a slight regression is going to happen, it might be safe to mention that it won't be as drastic a drop as last year's complete collapse at the end of the year. The big problem is the possession problem, but the team has shown it's capable of doing it - they did it in Detroit just this saturday as the best example - so it's just a matter of whether they can do it consistently...

...and whether or not the top line can become positive in that regard, because JvR-Bozak-Kessel have been pretty bad (in terms of limiting those shots).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

have we acquired taylor hall yet?

Dobber Sports Stud

UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Titan

I guess I did get to see Bryzy after all. Where those still his Wild pads? They looked like the green and red were the Wild’s shades.

Dobber Sports Titan

I always said Clarkson needed to do some leg workouts over the offseason because I never saw a grinder spend as much time on his butt like Clarkson did last yr. I like him, considering he’s prolly the toughest Leaf now but still overpaid.

Bozak is so fun to watch, but not in an exciting way. Watching the goal he scored yesterday I was like, “what are you doing!? Get in the scrum and do something?!”, but then he scores haha. He’s gotta have an insane hockey IQ to make up for an average shot, average speed, and average hands. He has great vision, wins faceoffs, and plays defensively, which how many 1st line centers can do well with just those skills?

Kessel. Man Kessel. Kessel Kessel Kessel. If only this guy went on a Crosby like offseason workout. He’s a freak of nature, no way that man should be that fast. The buzz every fan gets when he gets the puck when his feet are moving is insane. Best snap shot in the league? Prolly, definitely best when moving.

Sadly, I don’t see Leafs being able to keep Santorelli, I’m thinking this is a Raymond thing again. His dedication alone would get him a 1yr/1mill from teams, let alone this output. 34th in pts, 5th in +/-! He’ll be asking for a fair bit unless he stays loyal.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I love watching Phil fly down the right side. He's like a modern day Rick Vaive, except with better wheels.
    Not comparing the two; they are completely different players obviously.
    Just saying that Phil is probably one of the best pure goal scorers they've ever had - maybe 4th? Behind only Andreychuk, Vaive and Sundin. Come to think of it, Sundin was actually very underrated as a goal scorer...

I sure hope they find a way to keep Santorelli beyond this season. He's been fantastic. And apparently, he's a total pro... with huge dedication to his craft, including proper fitness and nutrition.
    Winnik was also an excellent pickup.
    Panik was a savvy waiver pluck. Credit where credit is due to that bunyuk, Nonis.
    Booth hasn't played enough yet, but he looks like a solid bargain pickup also.

Naz is looking good lately, although wtf was he doing on the 2nd Anaheim goal last night? Geez.

Bernier was excellent. Please don't burn him out, Randy. The last thing I want to see is another repeat of last year where the whole team falls apart and plays like crap, but everyone blamed Reimer alone.

Rielly is playing well, but needs to step up his game at some point... he needs to keep improving.
    I'm not currently seeing the 1st overall stud that Burkie said he was worthy of being.

Gardiner is underwhelming. He often looks overcoached and confused.

Phaneuf, as much as I crap on him, is proving what I've said forever... going back to the Wilson days... don't overuse him and he's fine. With his minutes cut this year, he's been a good defender back there, albeit a greatly overpaid one.

I still hate Clarkson, despite his obvious improvement this season. Worst free agent signing ever.

Robidas is finding his game. He looked clueless for awhile but he finally looks decent back there.

Bozak is a mystery. I don't know what to make of him. He seem so misplaced on the top line and yet he keeps producing. And he's the best shootout guy in the whole league! Remarkable.
    Phaneuf's issue has never been with him, although many people would like to say otherwise. It's just that we haven't had anyone to take those minutes so he gets overused. Now that there are other options, he doesn't need to play as many minutes, which is good for him. He's still underrated though IMO, and well worth what he's paid. The overpaid agenda needs to die.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I always said Clarkson needed to do some leg workouts over the offseason because I never saw a grinder spend as much time on his butt like Clarkson did last yr. I like him, considering he’s prolly the toughest Leaf now but still overpaid.

Bozak is so fun to watch, but not in an exciting way. Watching the goal he scored yesterday I was like, “what are you doing!? Get in the scrum and do something?!”, but then he scores haha. He’s gotta have an insane hockey IQ to make up for an average shot, average speed, and average hands. He has great vision, wins faceoffs, and plays defensively, which how many 1st line centers can do well with just those skills?

Kessel. Man Kessel. Kessel Kessel Kessel. If only this guy went on a Crosby like offseason workout. He’s a freak of nature, no way that man should be that fast. The buzz every fan gets when he gets the puck when his feet are moving is insane. Best snap shot in the league? Prolly, definitely best when moving.

Sadly, I don’t see Leafs being able to keep Santorelli, I’m thinking this is a Raymond thing again. His dedication alone would get him a 1yr/1mill from teams, let alone this output. 34th in pts, 5th in +/-! He’ll be asking for a fair bit unless he stays loyal.
    Bozak is a mystery, he should be used as trade bait IMO. He's completely supported offensively by JVR and Kessel, but I must say he knows how to get in a position to succeed offensively. He's a good fit for that. Everyone focuses on Kessel and JVR and he just gets all the open space to do what he does.

People need to lay off the "Kessel and training" thing. He clearly does train. It's not possible to be that fast, that healthy and that good without training. Some people don't ahve body types that show well, and he's that. I guarantee he does train, just because he isn't on the ice as much as people would like doesn't mean he doesn't train.

By all accounts Santa should have had those kind of offers last year but didn't. Don't really understand why but I think he might take a deal with the Leafs instead of taking his chances in Free Agency. It didn't work out for him so well last year so I suspect he'll just forgo it this year.
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    People need to lay off the "Kessel and training" thing. He clearly does train. It's not possible to be that fast, that healthy and that good without training. Some people don't ahve body types that show well, and he's that. I guarantee he does train, just because he isn't on the ice as much as people would like doesn't mean he doesn't train.
    The big thing is diet, friends in broadcasting had an assignment on interviewing a Leaf player at the mastercard center in training camp and Phils car was apparently filled with fast food wrappers. He’s been shown dogging it on a bike (I think it was on the 24/7 series), like he was peddling so slow a normal bike wouldn’t stay up. And he’s quoted saying his offseason is his weekends and he wants to relax and fish and not worry about work. I bet weeks/a month before the season he switches to typical athlete training, but the off-season is what I’m talking about. The picture of him when he took the lockout off from training is hilarious. He was heavier than Buff.

But ya, he obviously trains, but imagine if he went Crosby/MacKinnon level training.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    chuckle!.....

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The big thing is diet, friends in broadcasting had an assignment on interviewing a Leaf player at the mastercard center in training camp and Phils car was apparently filled with fast food wrappers. He’s been shown dogging it on a bike (I think it was on the 24/7 series), like he was peddling so slow a normal bike wouldn’t stay up. And he’s quoted saying his offseason is his weekends and he wants to relax and fish and not worry about work. I bet weeks/a month before the season he switches to typical athlete training, but the off-season is what I’m talking about. The picture of him when he took the lockout off from training is hilarious. He was heavier than Buff.

But ya, he obviously trains, but imagine if he went Crosby/MacKinnon level training.
    That's all conjecture and I believe it as much as I'd believe that Carter slept with a players wife. Which is to say I don't really take it seriously. To me it all stems from the fact people don't like that he likes to have weekends, that he didn't skate nearly as much as people think he should and the fact that he doesn't have a six pack.

To me people are just finding things to complain about. "If only he trained like..." is just pointless. We don't know his training regimen at all so how do we know he doesn't? That could have been anyone's car for that matter. Like come on, all this is, is just typical Leafs fans drivel and complaining about nothing.

I don't buy the "if only he'd train liek Crosby" for a minute. It's bullshit honestly (sorry for the rant, not directed at you).

G - Murray, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    That's all conjecture and I believe it as much as I'd believe that Carter slept with a players wife. Which is to say I don't really take it seriously. To me it all stems from the fact people don't like that he likes to have weekends, that he didn't skate nearly as much as people think he should and the fact that he doesn't have a six pack.

To me people are just finding things to complain about. "If only he trained like..." is just pointless. We don't know his training regimen at all so how do we know he doesn't? That could have been anyone's car for that matter. Like come on, all this is, is just typical Leafs fans drivel and complaining about nothing.

I don't buy the "if only he'd train liek Crosby" for a minute. It's bullshit honestly (sorry for the rant, not directed at you).
    I guess you can say if he worked out he could lose everything he has talent wise. Like he messes up his timing and maybe even his speed.

But you don’t know his routine, so even your arguments are guesswork, and the car story goes a die-hard in the class waited in the parking lot to try and get a Kessel interview and saw him get out of the car. But junk food could be timmies bags, coffee cups, or anything like that which wouldn’t be even THAT bad. Needless to say the die-hard isn’t the smartest because I don’t think Kessel would have given him a great interview in the morning, to a student, prior to preseason lol.

I did find it odd people were questioning Bozaks and Kessels summer routine (new contracts and bff’s) after a bad first game, but not JvR’s. My point with Kessel was if he was a “less pudge more muscle” build (6ft, 202lbs now) it would be a safe thing to assume he could get faster. Don’t rip me on the “less pudge more muscle” thing; I think you know what I mean.