Page 87 of 414 FirstFirst ... 37 77 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Banned

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Like I said, who knows what could happen, but I don't see the Oilers giving up on Yakupov for a guy like him.
    You may come to regret that sentiment in a couple years when he's playing in Russia he was brutal last season, really really bad

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Thoughts on Holland?
    I really like the Netherlands and Amsterdam is like an adult Disneyland.

The Wings GM is one of the best in the business. A model franchise, run by a class act.

Oh, you mean Peter Holland? Sorry, I'm not gonna be much help there.

The Great One

Holland is useful.

I'm not sure what he's asking for as a RFA but I can't imagine being anything more than 1.5M. He should center the 4th line and get about 10 min a game. Not fantasy worthy, yet.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    You may come to regret that sentiment in a couple years when he's playing in Russia he was brutal last season, really really bad
    Yakupov: a player who came to North America to play junior.. Also a player who was over looked to play in the Olympics for Russia.. I don't see Yak rushing off to Russia..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Yakupov: a player who came to North America to play junior.. Also a player who was over looked to play in the Olympics for Russia.. I don't see Yak rushing off to Russia..
    I agree 110%, not sure wheres this horrible assumption that being russian means you are a flight risk.

HE WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO PLAY HERE IN JR TO PLAY IN THE NHL AND BE A BETTER PLAYER , I think he appreciates the value of north american hockey.

NOW, not every player is a good fit in every city or organization or system... he doesn't fly in EDM for whatever reason. Can't see him doing well in Toronto either to be honest.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    ...not sure wheres this horrible assumption that being russian means you are a flight risk.

I agree with most of your post except the part I quoted. You don't understand why people assume he will bolt to Russia because he's Russian? I personally don't think he will either...yet, but I understand why people think that. Also, Burmistrov "WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO PLAY HERE IN JR TO PLAY IN THE NHL AND BE A BETTER PLAYER". Guess where Burmistrov (the Russian) is playing now?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I agree with most of your post except the part I quoted. You don't understand why people assume he will bolt to Russia because he's Russian? I personally don't think he will either...yet, but I understand why people think that. Also, Burmistrov "WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO PLAY HERE IN JR TO PLAY IN THE NHL AND BE A BETTER PLAYER". Guess where Burmistrov (the Russian) is playing now?
    What is causing the assumption that Yak wants to leave? I think we can agree he made an explicate effort to play in North America so far. You would think it would at least deter him from a choice like leaving.

People logic seems to go this way:
    a) He is Russian
    b) Russians would rather play in Russia
    Therefor, Yak would rather play in Russia?

I think my issue is premise B. Call it true for some... but just because it applies to some does not mean it applies to all. That is bad logic.
    To your point... sure, Burmistrov may have flew out of town BUT that doesn't mean so will every other "Russian" player would follow. My issue is you only hear it about Russians and it is liberally applied without justification...
    Now, if I hear he was unhappy and wants out of town... THEN I'd be on the bandwagon for 'leaving to russia'.

Let's look at movement since July 22nd. Look @ Recent signings elsewhere:
    (from http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/transactions)

It is just filled with Russian's bolting for Russia isn't it. I think I saw way more signings for Switzerland this year than to the KHL in general. Let's pick on all the Russian's though! I'm just playing a bit of devil's advocate but you see my point. A point simply being... hey people, let's not just blindly jump to conclusions.

Wonder if Pyatt is offended there were no rumours he was a flight risk to Switzerland?... kidding.

Mikael Samuelsson Signed with European team, Djurgarden-Sweden

Derek Smith Signed with European team, ZSC Lions-League A (Switzerland)

Maxim Shalunov Signed with European team, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg-KHL

Martin St. Pierre Signed with European team, Medvescak Zagreb-KHL

Nicolas Deschamps Signed with European team, Oulu Karpat-Finland

Taylor Pyatt Signed with European team, Geneve-Servette-NLA (Switzerland)

Chad Rau Signed with European team, EHC Linz-Eishockey Liga (Austria)

Jeff Taffe Signed with European team, Linkoping-SHL (Sweden)
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

The Great One

Those guys are fringe NHLers not first overall picks.

Banned

If you're a young Russian "star" who doesn't impress in he nhl and doesn't earn the big bucks after his ELC, then there is huge risk that he goes to the khl to get those big bucks, tax free.

its about going home to get big money. It's not discriminating against them for being Russian. If the Swedish league was huge it would be the same thing.

Yakupov will ill definitely go to the khl if he can't earn big money next year, IMO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yakupov in the leafs thread still?? Move over Stamkos, Tavares, and Subban because Yakupov is coming to T.O. aswell!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

It’s all about going home and playing for tax free money. In Yaks case, it has to take a toll emotionally all the hate towards him right now. He’s also buried on the third line right now, which is not what he wanted when he came to play jrs. He can say as much as he wants he likes Edmonton, but he much rather be playing top 6 minutes anywhere else.

Prime spot for him would be NYI. They have a big Russian community (reason why Yashin went there).

The whole Russians take flight is, let’s say a Canadian is playing in the KHL for a few mill, then an NHL team calls him and says we want you to play for us for more than what you’re getting paid. What Canadian wouldn’t take that?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

This kinda surprised me but figured I would post nonetheless. Via twitter:

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 11s
    Nonis says he wouldn't be surprised if Komarov gets some PP time this season

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 16s
    Nonis says he could see Komarov getting some time on the power play.
    I figured there were a lot of guys ahead of him in the pecking order for PP time (Kessel, JVR, Bozak, Kadri, Clarkson, Lupul, Booth, Santorelli) so this could just be a bunch of BS but if not Komarov could actually provide some decent value in a multi-cat league with Hits.

Dobber Sports Guru

Another tidbit from Nonis' presser today via twitter:

Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran 40s
    There are no jobs open. there are people who are here on one way contracts who are going to lose their jobs. - Nonis. #leafs

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m
    "There are no spots open and someone's going to lose their job," Nonis says.

Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun 21s
    Nonis: "there are people here on 1-way contracts and they are probably not going to make it. We did that by design." #Leafs

Dobber Sports Guru

more from today's presser, via twitter:

James Mirtle @mirtle · 8m
    Carlyle's talking about creating three balanced scoring lines and a fourth line that kills penalties etc. "We have to be team tough."

James Mirtle @mirtle · 8m
    Carlyle on Lupul-Bozak-Kessel: "We played them in Anaheim. They kicked our butt."

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 8m
    Carlyle says it's no sure thing that JVR-Bozak-Kessel stay together; notes Lupul worked well with Kessel

Dobber Sports Titan

So no spots open, but people can lose jobs? I don’t get it. Like someone will lose their PP time? Or 2nd line position?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll