Page 81 of 414 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Ninja

As expected, James van Riemsdyk practiced as a center on Monday.
    He centered the Leafs' top line between Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul. "He has played there before, so it does not take rocket science to go in that direction," coach Randy Carlyle said of putting van Riemsdyk in the middle. "We think he is more of the fit right now." He has played some center in the NHL and spent two seasons at the position with the University of New Hampshire. Nazem Kadri was flanked by Mason Raymond and David Clarkson in the session.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...y-player-news/

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Hopefully those of you who watched tonight's game will now understand why I've been so worried all season.

Folks, my beloved Leafs are a bad team. Your Leafs are a bad team.

BAD.

This fact has been distorted thus far by good special teams and great goaltending.
    That won't last over 82 games. The cracks are showing, and the water is slowly slipping in...

Even tonight, a game in which they were absolutely dominated (by a good, not great, team) they only lost 4-0 when it should have been 8 or 9-0.

1) Dave Clarkson at 5 something million, is making the Grabovski buyout look more and more hilarious every day.

2) This myth about "outside shots" needs to stop. I was guilty of it too for awhile. No more. Bernier and Reimer are both seeing high quality shots and stopping more than they should.

3) Mason Raymond - AH - so there's the guy Nucks fans said we would eventually see. The stud from games 1 through 10 has sure looked ordinary.

4) Bolland - God bless him, he's a terrific heart and soul player, but the hockey gods have cursed certain players for some reason. Lupul seems to be one of them. Lecavalier too. I think Bolland needs to be in the conversation. With Bozak gone, and Grabo bought out, now Bolland gone probably long-term, the Leafs up the middle are absolutely pathetic now and they were not exactly super strong to begin with. Kadri can only play so much, and even he isn't a proven #1 yet.

5) As an extension of #4... Welcome to cap crunch world ass they try to fix their depleted center position. They are right up against it and didn't need to be. Reimer has been lights out this year, as he was last year for the most part (so I don't buy this whole Bernier competition media friendly story)

6) Seriously, how many times do they have to be BADLY outshot for people to see the light?

7) Just to throw in a couple positive notes... Morgan Rielly... oh man - this kid is something else. And JVR for Schenn. Yikes, thank you Burkie for that parting gift.

I don't disagree with anything you've put forward except the Grabbo/Clarkson stuff. The Clarkson signing had nothin to do with grabbo being bought out. If anything, it relates to Bozak being resigned at that term and dollars. Grabbo is also a center as I'm sure you'll recall. I'd take Grabbo over Bozak any day, but Grabbo was never going to be given the opportunity to succeed with Randy on the bench so the point is moot really. I hope he thrives anywhere else he plays but he would have had to wait out Carlyle for it to happen in Toronto.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Holy shit.... as a Kessel AND Lupul owner I just jizzed my pants.

The Great One

I'll post this here too.

Got two tickets in sec 120 (Behind Leafs bench) row 10 for tonights hockey hall of fame game.

face value is $245 each.

I'll sell them for $500 if anyone is interested.

I put them on Kijiji for $600.

Dobber Sports Ninja

We're finally going to see the debut of the Leafs stacked line of Kessel/JVR/Loops tonight. Can't wait.

Dobber Sports Icon

2 words:

Phil Kessel

That is all.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    2 words:

Phil Kessel

That is all.
    That goal was sooooooooo filthy!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

The majority of his goals this season have been pretty filthy... the man knows how to score.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another bad goal given by Bernier...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Other than that goal, Bernier was rock solid tonight and kept them in it when they were being outplayed for long stretches. I think we can let that one slide.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don't know if the Leafs are gonna trade Gardiner and/or Reimer....

Dobber Sports Stud

Is Jake Gardiner a d-man? No seriously, I think he'd be a better winger. His defensive play is terrifying to say the least but I love the way he skates.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Is Jake Gardiner a d-man? No seriously, I think he'd be a better winger. His defensive play is terrifying to say the least but I love the way he skates.
    Brent Burns 2.0?

I often wonder about guys like him or green who clearly like to rush up like that... WINGER?!? lol.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

What an eye-opening article as to why the Leafs (and subsequently, the Blackhawks') penalty kill has taken a nosedive this year despite doing the same things as last year.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/nhl-blog/57090/
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Officially declaring JvR - Bozak - Kessel as the best line in hockey right now. Ridiculous stuff. What a pass by Bozak on the Kessel goal - a show of how good the Lupul - Bozak - Kessel line used to be.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)