Page 80 of 414 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Sorry, they completly dominated the entire game until it was over. The game was over at the start of the third.

It's funny because I agree with you, they have been outplayed on most nights this year, despite there record and are probably due for a market correction but last night was not one of those nights.
    Well then taking 3rd periods off seems to be a fatal flaw for this team ie. game 7 against Boston last year in playoffs

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Buda, where's the Reimer love ?
    SSS I know but the Leafs are giving up 6 shots less a game on average when Bernier is in net then when Reimer is. I'm pretty sure I predicted that exact outcome.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

We gotta keep both goalies this year, for sure. They seem to push each other.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It doesn't make any sense to me that Lupul's been shafted to the third line when he's been the arguably the Leafs most consistent forward for most of this season. It's already affected his production over the last two games.

The loss of Bozak leaves them no choice but to move Kadri, but I personally think Raymond should have been bumped to the third line instead of Loops.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by blayze; October 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It doesn't make any sense to me that Lupul's been shafted to the third line when he's been the arguably the Leafs most consistent forward for most of this season. It's already affected his production over the last two games.

The loss of Bozak leaves them no choice but to move Kadri, but I personally think Raymond should have been bumped to the third line instead of Loops.

Thoughts?
    Comments? It should only be Comment - Stupid.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thoughts?
    Some people argued it was his first game back, and that maybe because it was a friends and family game (there was this story about his grandma post-poning a trip south to watch the game) that he had to be played, but wasn't necessarily 100%, so he didn't play big 2nd line minutes.

Could also be Carlyle still being pissed he didn't wear those skate guards at practice. Who knows.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

The Great One

Doesn't make sense to me either, but let's face it - Carlyle beats to his own drums...

The Great One

Lupul on the 'third' line with McClement and whoever means we literally have three lines that can light the lamp. Something that made the Leafs so dangerous last year.

I agree though. I think Lupul should be playing with more offensive players. At least he is still getting 2nd PP time. But, Bolland Clarkson Raymond is a great 'shutdown' line that will spend the majority of some shifts in the offensive zone....while facing the other teams top line.

Anybody dare to guess on line combos when Kulimen, Bozak and Fraser come back?

Bolland is such a great player it's crazy how stacked Chicago was.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; October 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Carlyle and Lupul play nice publicly, but I don't buy their BS about the hatchet being buried. You don't just forget about a coach telling you that you were no good. And the coach doesn't just forget about a player making him look like an idiot. These are both proud guys.

I find it very interesting that JVR has been entrenched with Kessel ever since Carlyle came on board. People forget that Lupul and Kessel had terrific, maybe even better, chemistry together.

Mark my words - I think Lupul's days in Toronto are numbered.
    An injury prone player with his contract. Don't think so. Hes here for the long haul.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    An injury prone player with his contract. Don't think so. Hes here for the long haul.
    Oh WHY do you have to tell it like it is.......

Dobber Sports Icon

Maybe.
    But there are plenty of offensively starved teams that would love to add a legit 1st line player like him. If he can stay healthy, 5.25 mil is cheap for what he's capable of producing.
    Thats a "BIG IF"

Dobber Sports Icon

This is the happiest Ive been since the Gilmour days.

And before that the Roger Neilson years.

And before that the last cup in 67. Still remember wearing my Leaf Jammies.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    SSS I know but the Leafs are giving up 6 shots less a game on average when Bernier is in net then when Reimer is. I'm pretty sure I predicted that exact outcome.
    Well what is it? SSS, or you were right to predict 6 extra shots per game for Reimer? It can't be both. Because if it's the latter, I guarantee you are wrong, and it won't take long for those numbers to regress.

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's no question we need both goalies right now... trading away one would be silly, not to mention we wouldn't get much in return at this point.

The Great One

There's no question we need both goalies right now... trading away one would be silly, not to mention we wouldn't get much in return at this point.
    I agree. I think a little healthy competition is a good thing. And they are both signed at great prices. I think it would be a mistake to move either goalie at this point in time. It would have to be a monster return, and I just don't see that happening.