Page 74 of 412 FirstFirst ... 24 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports All-Star

I've seen enough already. Time to give Bernier the keys to the car.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

No idea how this team keeps winning but it's sure fun to watch. I live in Western Canada though. Might be saying something different if I lived in a more easterly direction

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I can't disagree with that. However, I would think Carlyle wants to give Reimer a chance to answer the bell.

Career stats vs Edmonton:
    Bernier: 2-0-0, 1.00GAA, .966%
    Reimer: 2-0-0, 2.97GAA, .903%

All signs point to a Bernier start, but if Carlyle really wants to fuel the competition I can see why he would start Reimer.

Scenarios:

A Reimer start could piss off Bernier since he thinks he deserves a consecutive start.
    If Reimer plays incredible it would force both goalies to continue their great play.
    If Reimer falters I think Bernier would be given the unofficial starters position.

If Bernier plays like he has been, it will be crystal clear he is the unofficial starting goalie and does Carlyle want that this early? Does Carlyle give a shit and just want to win? Does he start Bernier because he is more of an unknown to Eakins than his old goalie Reimer? Is Reimer getting the start on Tuesday anyway? Am I over thinking it?

Career stats vs Minnesota on Tuesday:
    Bernier: 3-1-2, 1.13GAA .953%, 3SO
    Reimer: 1-0-0, 0GAA, 1.000%, 1SO

A Bernier start on Saturday should give Reimer the net on Tuesday. Reimer has only faced Minny one time in 2010-11 and posted a SO. Bernier has faced Minny 6 times in the last 3 years(twice a year) and posted a SO every year.

After writing this post and really digging into the numbers I have changed my mind and would also be surprised if Bernier doesn't start on Saturday.
    You do recall Reimer's record against the Sens before last Saturdays meltdown right?

To be honest its so refreshing to see Berniers style. It puts Reimer to shame as it exposes his glaring weaknesses.

And to add to Gilmour other then last night and alot of the Avs game Leafs have looked brutal for the most part.

The Great One

If you're winning and playing bad.....thats good

Dobber Sports Ninja

Guys - what's the best Leafs blog online? Is there anything better than the official website?

I'm looking for a site that gets updated regularly with notes on practice, lines, injuries, etc. I've got a ton of leafs on my roster this year and need to keep a closer eye.

Looking for something similar to this, but for Leafs Nation: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/

Dobber Sports Sage

Sick, Sick win tonight boys!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Cinderella is going to miss playoffs. No way they maintain wins playing such poor hockey.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Guys - what's the best Leafs blog online? Is there anything better than the official website?

I'm looking for a site that gets updated regularly with notes on practice, lines, injuries, etc. I've got a ton of leafs on my roster this year and need to keep a closer eye.

Looking for something similar to this, but for Leafs Nation: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/
    I don't know if it's the best that you could want, but the one and only Leafs centric spot I go to is http://mapleleafshotstove.com/ .

Usually are very quick with game recaps, have a daily story up (usually a Morning Mashup with a few quick links after a short blurb). Usually has big updates within hours of them happening, and every week (I think Thursday's) they have a weekly "Leafs Notebook" that's really interestingly in depth about things that happened throughout the week.

Hope it helps, and I also like this stat :

Chris Johnston
    ‏@reporterchris
    Joffrey Lupul now has 93 points in his last 88 games for the #leafs.
    https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...05422030065664
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    I don't know if it's the best that you could want, but the one and only Leafs centric spot I go to is http://mapleleafshotstove.com/ .

Usually are very quick with game recaps, have a daily story up (usually a Morning Mashup with a few quick links after a short blurb). Usually has big updates within hours of them happening, and every week (I think Thursday's) they have a weekly "Leafs Notebook" that's really interestingly in depth about things that happened throughout the week.

Hope it helps, and I also like this stat :

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...05422030065664
    Thanks bud this is exactly what I'm looking for.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Cinderella is going to miss playoffs. No way they maintain wins playing such poor hockey.
    At this point, I'm not sure how you can still label them a "Cinderella" team.

Before tonight they allowed only 10 goals in 5 games... only 4 teams in the entire league were better, so not sure where that "maintain wins" comment is coming from. Everyone has an off night.
    Last edited by blayze; October 13, 2013 at 6:55 AM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have only watched 2 of their games, so I really can't say whether they can keep it up or not. However, they were crap last night and only won because they could score from anywhere on Dubnyk. I also do think there is something to some of the advanced stats out there, and the Leafs track very poorly there as well.

Who knows though, maybe this team bucks the trend over an entire season, but I really can't see that happening. Thankfully for them they are still winning and Clarkson isn't back yet and has the potential to improve some of the things the struggle with.

Dobber Sports Stud

I have only watched 2 of their games, so I really can't say whether they can keep it up or not. However, they were crap last night and only won because they could score from anywhere on Dubnyk. I also do think there is something to some of the advanced stats out there, and the Leafs track very poorly there as well.

Who knows though, maybe this team bucks the trend over an entire season, but I really can't see that happening. Thankfully for them they are still winning and Clarkson isn't back yet and has the potential to improve some of the things the struggle with.
    I've watched every second of every Leafs game so far this year and I can guarantee you that last night was BY FAR their worst game played.

A couple nights of outshooting the opponents and the shot differential could be a scratch so I'm calling any advanced stats projections at this point in the season too full of 'noise' to mean much of anything.

Dobber Sports Ninja

You could be correct. At any rate they have a lot of wins, and in hockey that's ALL that matters!

I must admit I was rather annoyed at watching that game last night end after a play like this ...

... after seeing all the chincy crap that they called on both teams last night.

Leafs fans have a lot to be excited about right now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think you're giving the Leafs an unfair shake based on their track record over the past decade. There's no "bucking the trend"... the trend was already "bucked" last season when they finished tied for fourth in the conference over an entire season. Not to mention they outplayed and pushed the eventual stanley cup finalists to the brink of elimination in the playoffs.

Right now they're tied for tops in the entire league in points and before last night's admittedly terrible game, they were 4th in the league in goals against.

Yet you still somehow take every chance you get to bash them, labeling them a "terrible" team, a "cinderella" team, talking about bucking non-existent trends, and you know you're really grasping when you start bringing in bullshit "advanced stats" as an argument... jeez, what do these guys have to do to get some respect from you?

I really suggest you watch more of their games to get a better feel for this team...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I think you're giving the Leafs an unfair shake based on their track record over the past decade. There's no "bucking the trend"... the trend was already "bucked" last season when they finished tied for fourth in the conference over an entire season. Not to mention they outplayed and pushed the eventual stanley cup finalists to the brink of elimination in the playoffs.

Right now they're tied for tops in the entire league in points and before last night's admittedly terrible game, they were 4th in the league in goals against.

Yet you still somehow take every chance you get to bash them, labeling them a "terrible" team, a "cinderella" team, talking about bucking non-existent trends, and you know you're really grasping when you start bringing in bullshit "advanced stats" as an argument... jeez, what do these guys have to do to get some respect from you?

I really suggest you watch more of their games to get a better feel for this team...
    I agree that he isn't giving the Leafs as much respect as they deserve. They are probably a playoff team. That said, last year was not an entire season and we can't really say they pushed the Bruins to the brink of elimination when they had that series in the bag.

I do think they have had a very easy schedule to start the year and there will still be growing pains in net and on D.