Page 65 of 412 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 115 165 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Sage

The leafs should offer sheet APA to a 8 year deal just under the number in which they have to give up 4 firsts 8mil or something then trade Phaneuf.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Icon

All I say is that the Leafs better sign someone legit. Otherwise if Nonis plans to sit on his hands for a year or 2(and thats fine if the plan is to continue to buildup the cupboard - which i believe is still needed) I don't see the reason for dumping Komi's contract with only one year too go.

Realistically I wouldve thought Grabo (longer deal)
    wouldve been let go and then they could have spenton a need.

The Great One

I agree and disagree at the same time.

Komi being a buy out was a MUST in order to sign our RFA's and have room for another signing.

I get what your saying, why buy out Komi if you're not going to use his space. Unfortunately, the buy out period ends before the UFA period begins. You HAVE to buy out Komi to give yourself a chance at a signing. If you fail to sign someone or don't end up using his cap space, at least you have a lot of wiggle room throughout the season, and especially at the deadline.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; July 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM.

The Great One

Lets take a stab at predicting what our RFA's will sign for.

$ and term.

Kadri 3M x 3
    Colborne 1.3M x2
    McLaren .65 x 1
    Gunnarsson 2.8M x 2
    Franson 3.25M x 4
    Fraser 1.5M x 3
    Bernier 2.5M x 2

Dobber Sports Icon

Just a couple of updates:

42 minutes ago
    DarrenDreger: Told no progress on Bozak extension talks with Leafs. Negotiation is ongoing. Sense is Nonis will not do $5 x 5yrs. Will someone else?

25 minutes ago
    TSNBobMcKenzie: Don't know where David Clarkson will end up but odds may favor a CDN team. Visited EDM, OTT and hometown TOR. Also visited CBJ.

Dobber Sports Icon

Ill post this here now.

Bill Watters interview:

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=20944&cmd=tc

Dobber Sports Icon

Leafs Keen on Clarkson, Scudari

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=20210 &id=13

Dobber Sports Icon

10 minutes ago
    DarrenDreger: Leafs would love to add Scuderi to their blueline. All around solid d-man. Sounds like Leafs are Scuderi's top ufa choice. #TSN

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Moment of truth over these next 24-48 hours.

If Clarkson gets over 5 million from the Leafs, we're freaking doomed.
    Paper bag time boys.
    I think he'll get 5.5

Come on EMG. I love your passion as a Leaf fan but lets be patient. Give Nonis a chance.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    All I say is that the Leafs better sign someone legit. Otherwise if Nonis plans to sit on his hands for a year or 2(and thats fine if the plan is to continue to buildup the cupboard - which i believe is still needed) I don't see the reason for dumping Komi's contract with only one year too go.

Realistically I wouldve thought Grabo (longer deal)
    wouldve been let go and then they could have spenton a need.
    If its anyone less than Weiss, then they just took another step back. They just cannot go into the season with Bozak as their number 1. They passed on Ribeiro so it has to be Weiss.

Dobber Sports Sage

Clarkson 7 years 40mil. Shoot me now!!!

Garbovski>Clarkson

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would just like to point out that Weiss was quoted as saying "we didn't hear anything from the Leafs..."

LOLOLOLOL

And then they sign Bozak and Clarkson. At least Bozak's contract was just bad, but not insanely bad. Clarkson's deal is pure lunacy. One 40 point season on his resume and they pay him more, and for more years, than Grabovski. LOL

Folks, it's time to accept reality. These knuckleheads are going to go with Bozak, Kadri, Bolland, and McClement up the middle. There was no magic plan behind the Grabo buyout, other than to waste that money on an inferior player like Clarkson.
    I have no proof, but I honestly think Carlyle was influential in the Grabovski buyout and that Kessels connection with Bozak put urgency on resigning him. Both of these made a perfect storm of sorts that essentially saw us downgrading at C.

No comment on the Clarkson deal because I would have been OK with it had we not colossally f-d up everywhere else.
    12-team, H2H, Keep 4. Categories: G,A,+/-,PPG,PPP,Hits,PIM,W,Sv,Sv%,GAA
    C: Kopitar, M. Koivu, Oshie (C)
    LW: Zuccarello, , Elias (C), Duchene (C)
    RW: Iginla, Pominville, Ovechkin
    D: Karlsson, Chara, Doughty
    G: Crawford, Halak, Bryzgalov
    Farm: Kuemper, MacKinnon, Lehner, Schwartz, Nyquist

The Great One

I'll post it here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    The Leafs are a tougher team to play against now.

While I don't agree with how Grabo was used, Bolland will replace his defensive minutes and is almost 2M cheaper.

Bozak can handle himself on the first line next to Kessel and was an important figure for defensive faceoffs last year, and more importantly in the playoffs.

Clarkson brings that gritty style, and finally we have someone to park himself in front of the net on the PP. Not to mention some bang in our top 6 now. Something we didn't have before.

I still don't like our center depth, Bozak, Kadri, Bolland, McClement, Colborne...but we've replaced Bolland with Grabo (the way Grabo was being used) while saving money and upgraded a winger in Clarkson.

Again, I can't stress enough about the available cap going up. I don't have time right now, but I want to go back to the last lockout and check out the deals signed that July 1st and compare them 2-3 years into the CBA and see (in my opinion) how much better the contract got throughout the years.

The Leafs will be a harder to play against this year. I'm sure of it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Horrible day to be a Leaf fan imo. Our team is weaker down the middle then we were last week and we have waisted 10.5 mil a year in cap space. How any human could believe that Clarkson or Bozak was more valuable to this team then Garbovski is beyond me. Both of these signing make me ill.

Kadri better line up on the first line next year because if they have him playing with Clarkson it will be a waste of his talents.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

I would just like to point out that Weiss was quoted as saying "we didn't hear anything from the Leafs..."

LOLOLOLOL

And then they sign Bozak and Clarkson. At least Bozak's contract was just bad, but not insanely bad. Clarkson's deal is pure lunacy. One 40 point season on his resume and they pay him more, and for more years, than Grabovski. LOL

Folks, it's time to accept reality. These knuckleheads are going to go with Bozak, Kadri, Bolland, and McClement up the middle. There was no magic plan behind the Grabo buyout, other than to waste that money on an inferior player like Clarkson.
    Funny, I'm of the opposite stance. I'd call the Bozak deal far worse than the Clarkson one. I'm much higher on Clarkson than that. He's a very good player who could be a huge factor come playoff time. Bozak is dime a dozen.