Page 63 of 414 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Sage

I would much prefer Stastny to either of Ribero or Weiss. He is a much more complete player and I think he would complement a guy like Kessel perfectly as he is very good in his own end. One of the most under reated players in the league imo and think playing with guys like Lupol and Kessel would get him back to ppg levels.

I'm also very excited about this off season! Lots of opportunity's for a team like ours with unlimited resources.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; June 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Nonis' actions have me feeling like his cap space will be huge benefit this summer. I think he will be looking at teams close to the cap (or internal cap) who won't be able to afford their own RFA's.

Guys like:

Chris Tanev
    Cal Clutterbuck
    A RFA from St. Louis...Stewart, Berglund and/or Shattenkirk.....
    etc..

We will see a lot of players rights being traded this summer, more so than usual. And teams that have the cap space will benefit greatly. I think Nonis is banking on being one of those teams. Hell, it already proved correctly with the Bernier deal IMO.

I don't think we will see Nonis commit to his own fringe RFA's until he knows what the market is like to obtain an upgrade.
    Berglund I think would be a nice pickup! I think he might thrive in a new environment.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

Leddy would be another defender that a cap restricted team might find difficult in retaining.

Chicago doesn't have much money left over at all and Leddy should command 2-3 million on 2-3 years I would assume.

Dobber Sports Sage

Leddy would be another defender that a cap restricted team might find difficult in retaining.

Chicago doesn't have much money left over at all and Leddy should command 2-3 million on 2-3 years I would assume.
    Big things are coming. Already we have an attempt by Nonis to make something happen with TB. I think the team we have today is going to look very different then the one come opening day next year. I'm excited!!!

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i want to know what the asset coming back was...it cant be just a 2nd...but it cant be 3rd overall...but then again it is like 30M....damn i'm confused.

The Great One

21st overall

For

Lecavalier and 3rd overall

?!?!?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i want to know what the asset coming back was...it cant be just a 2nd...but it cant be 3rd overall...but then again it is like 30M....damn i'm confused.

It had to have been the 3rd overall or maybe Connolly+.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

The Great One

So who do we want the Leafs to take at #21.
    Prioritize 5 guys (or more) on your wish list, and keep the draft position in perspective.

Dobber Sports Guru

Off the top of my head my 5 would be:

Lazar
    Burakowsky
    Hartman
    Pulock
    Zykov

I'd love to think Wennberg, Domi or Morin drop to the leafs but I realistically don't see that happening so I went with the above.

Dobber Sports Sage

Prioritize 5 guys (or more) on your wish list, and keep the draft position in perspective.
    Leafs will not be drafting at 21 they will be moving but I throw 5 names out there at 21.

Domi (highly doubt he drops this far but stranger things have happend)
    Hartman
    Morrissey (outside of someone dropping he is my top choice)
    Pulock
    Fucale (would have been my top choice had we not trader for Bernier, but none the less he would be perfect in 3-4 yrs to be Berniers understudy.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

Well I'd like to see them focus on Centres as much as possible so:

These guys seem semi-reasonable expectations to be available:

Rychel
    Lazar
    Gauthier
    Wennberg
    Pulock (there doesn't seem to be another C who would reasonably drop to 21 who I'd want but I'd consider a 'reach' for Klimchuck)

If Erne is still there at 21 I want him! Unless for some insane reason Horvat is still there then I want him

I agree with BBB. I would have really liked to bring in Fucale at 21 but I don't see the point with Bernier in the fold now......unless........

Banned

I think the Leafs grab Horvat who I think is being somewhat overranked by the media

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I think the Leafs grab Horvat who I think is being somewhat overranked by the media
    If Horvat falls that far I think that he will defintiely be at or near the top of their list.

Dobber Sports Guru

Why did they call this 3pm presser ?? Nonis is just talking in a hallway about what ifs and possibilites, nothing to announce at all. BORING

Dobber Sports Guru

From twitter re Fraser:

“@aaronward_nhl: Told Mark Fraser got QO from the Toronto Maple Leafs on a 2 way Qualifier and will not accept #TSN”