Page 57 of 412 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Really have enjoyed seeing the young defence grow. Yes, sd i believe some other poster mentioned, their going to make mistakes, but as we've seen time and again they are learning and getting better.
    Really impressed with Holzers game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Well that was a great game last night ..... Man I haven't been that happy after a Habs v Leafs game in ages ...... The Leafs out hussled the Habs and they also kinda laid a beating on them as well. I thought it was hilarious that Meathead McLaren was laughing at Gorges while he was fighting him. I don't blame Grabo for biting Pacioretty, I would do the same thing if a guy grabbed my face from behind like that. Also Grabo was going after Prust, next time just let him go Max, Prust would have dummied him.
    Not a Leafs fan, but I enjoyed that game as well. Some Habs fans were starting to get a little annoying as they tend to do when their team is doing well. I liked the rough stuff as well. Plekanec deserved what he got for messing with Orr, time and a place there Plekky or did you think that Orr was going to show some restraint in a 6-0 blowout? Silly Rabbit.

McLaren laughing was embarrassing for Gorges, but I give Gorges credit for throwing down against a very tough guy. Credit to McLaren for at least taking it easy on Gorges.

I almost always hate it when the linesmen jump in so early in altercations. Why? Typically, it just prolongs the drama. If they let Grabovski and Prust go at it, Grabovski would be sitting in a dentists chair today, not standing on the carpet defending his actions with his teeth...oh the irony!?

Really like Kadri and Frattin's efforts. Wish they would get a little more ice time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

I thought McLaren laughing at Gorges was tasteless. He's a guy standing up for himself and his team. Everyone on the ice, in the stands and at home knows that McLaren is much bigger and it wasn't much of a 'fight,' but show the guy some respect. Most/many brawlers in the league have a sense of respect for a guy who will throw down for his team; that was missing from McLaren last night.

I'm not a fan of either team, really, but purely as a hockey fan it was nice to see the Habs stand up for themselves for a change.

The Great One

So if McLaren showed some respect and fought the fight like a normal tilt, we would be here complaining that he beat the shit out of a MUCH smaller player.

No win situation.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    So if McLaren showed some respect and fought the fight like a normal tilt, we would be here complaining that he beat the shit out of a MUCH smaller player.

No win situation.
    Maybe just hold him off and don't laugh? That seems like the obvious choice to me. Have you ever seen Chara fight a smaller player? He isn't laughing at them. I agree with Cascasde.

The Great One

He just throws them around like a rag doll?

I don't recall Chara fighting anyone 'small'.

I love what Georges brings to the table, and how he stuck up for his teammates....and I still can't see who initiated the fight, but I love that he laughed at him....hypens up the rivalry.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; February 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Dion Phaneuf is learning how to shoot the puck again. Aside from the one coming down the wing tonight, he's had about 4 chances on net on one timers in the zone where he keeps his wind up to waste level and actually puts it on net. Another goal tonight. I like it.

Dobber Sports Icon

The big thing is the size of their defence.
    Other then Liles, every one is 6' + 200LB(and thats the lowest. Most are larger)

They manhandled Giroux and the other Flyer FWDs all night

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

im loving the "get pucks on net" mentality. dmen are just finding ways to get it on net and it's providing scoring chances. now if only phaneuf can learn how to do it more often we'd be set

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Star

Please sell parts of your farm team for O'Reilly, Leafs. It's Colorado. They need them.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Some of the heavy Leaf bloggers (e.g. PPP) are really pushing for the Leafs to go hard after O'Reilly, even if that means an offer sheet.

I like O'Reilly, but an offer sheet - really? I think that would be insane. Playoff teams can do offer sheets. I'm tired of the Leafs sacrificing their top draft picks.

Be patient Nonis.
    Yeah they gotta get him without giving up that pick, but that's a tough spot. Because if they don't maybe someone else will?

PLEASE don't let the Rangers get this kid lol
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Icon

well here we go.

@ Carolina
    The drive for 5.

2 things Im thinking about - take it away

1) Ben Scrivens. I think were going to get a clear picture of what to expect from him now. Personally Ive never really been a fan of his but must say I enjoyed his last performance. The balls ion your court now ben.

2) I believe this was addressed a bit in another forum too. But who goes when JG & gunner return. I think Kostka may be an obvious considering his game. Id hate to see Frasor go as the other(really BEEN HAPPY with the journey man) but I really think Korbian deserves a long look. Hes really impressed me.

Guess were safe to assume top 4-5 include:
    Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles, Gunner & Franson

X - Leaving Holzer, Frasor, Kotstka & Komy(Would they consider sending him to the farm? Precedent with Connolly and trade of lombardi may be consideration. If they did it would mean atleast 2 could stay).

Ahhh just me thinking out loud.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    well here we go.

@ Carolina
    The drive for 5.

2 things Im thinking about - take it away

1) Ben Scrivens. I think were going to get a clear picture of what to expect from him now. Personally Ive never really been a fan of his but must say I enjoyed his last performance. The balls ion your court now ben.

2) I believe this was addressed a bit in another forum too. But who goes when JG & gunner return. I think Kostka may be an obvious considering his game. Id hate to see Frasor go as the other(really BEEN HAPPY with the journey man) but I really think Korbian deserves a long look. Hes really impressed me.

Guess were safe to assume top 4-5 include:
    Phaneuf, Gardiner, Liles, Gunner & Franson

X - Leaving Holzer, Frasor, Kotstka & Komy(Would they consider sending him to the farm? Precedent with Connolly and trade of lombardi may be consideration. If they did it would mean atleast 2 could stay).

Ahhh just me thinking out loud.
    Logistically they could keep Gardiner down the rest of the year, and buy-out someone this summer.

Chances are they'll lose one of Kostka or Fraser to the waiver wire (if they don't make a trade somehow).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I dont see Gardiner lasting much longer on the farm.