Page 51 of 414 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

Well... bye-bye playoffs, hello still having our 1st rounder!
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

So I was at Scotiabank Place for this one again!

I thought last game wold be tough to beat. This one did get up there (partially because the guys behind me were hilarious).

Anyhow, game notes :

- The first goal was flukey as hell. All off the hard-work of Crabb and COnnolly somehow got rewarded for it. Oh well. Bishop was taunted after that by the crowd.

- A LOT of rough stuff was going on. I just wish some of our guys were more physical and would check (notably Kessel). But all in all, there were a lot of penalty minutes in this one (Sens team had 30, Rosehill and Grabovski combined for 35 - 25 for Grabo and 10 for Rosehill).

- The 1st PP went to work quick after Kessel just moved in untouched and snipes it. The 2nd PP goal was much of the same, except Phaneuf was the one untouched.

- Connolly to me seems invisible... which considering he's heralded as an offensive guy, is not a good thing.

- After Grabovski was kicked out, Bozak and Steckel were getting a lot of ice-time.

- Lots of rough stuff, some non-calls, and some actual defensive play, without being a trap (which I had feared). I think that side is learned. The problem now is to be more daring on the counter-attack. Most of the players (if not all) would stay on the periphery and wouldn't crash the net/glide the slot. And most of all, some people would hold on then pass into a turnover instead of shoot.

- Komisarek played a decent game. Actually, apart from maybe a few times where he had the puck and I would cringe, he played well, got under some skins, played physical, no-nonsense hockey. Same with Schenn.

- And I still love Gardiner... although it is obvious that we miss a guy like Lupul. MacArthur just doesn't have the skill level to replace him. Too man missed chances or not being in the right place or shuffling the puck. Kulemin's presence on the forecheck is missed, as well.

- So I am glad we won, now on to losing for a top pick!
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Banned

Leafs win. Now in 7th last.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Leafs win. Now in 7th last.
    Despite the win, still in fifth last going into the last game. Here hoping we lose and guarantee the fifth pick at worst, then swap with Edmonton so they can trade down for a dman and we can get Galchenyuk.

Dobber Sports Immortal

At Real Sports tonight and I can give proof that the Jays' 16th inning homer cheer was about 20000 times louder than the Leafs win cheer. Although there were still a few guys who yelled their heads off. I just dont get though....

The Great One

You forgot Jeff Finger.

He is a UFA, I wonder if he gets a raise?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Leaf Free Agents - Do they come back, and if so - for how much?

Kulemin - RFA... $2.35 last year

Boy, talk about a good player with no leverage at all in these negotiations. I'm going to guess a 2 year deal for 2.5 per year. Even after an awful season, he was still slightly underpaid at 2.35 and is one of their hardest working, and best defensive forwards. Still has good enough hands, good wheels, and great size to be an effective 2nd liner.

Frattin - RFA... $1.30 last year

Solid young forward and I think a mainstay on their 3rd line with spot duty in the top 6. Very good powerful skater with a good shot and good hockey sense. It would be a mistake to not bring him back. Because he's 24, I think they try hard to re-sign him to a 2 year deal to see if he can improve on a very good AHL playoff run.

Crabb - UFA.... $750k last year

Totally depends on his salary demands. I think he is one of the more underrated 3rd liners in the game. So if he's willing to get only a modest raise, I think they bring him back. Unfortunately, with mediocre guys like Connelly, Komisarek and Lombardi eating up cap space, it's hard to say how flexible they are willing to be with Crabb.
    I think he comes back for 3 years - 4 mil total deal. 1 way.

Rosehill - UFA ... $600k last year

Depends on the market and if they see a suitable "enforcer" type replacement. Burke and Carlyle have both been very vocal that they want an enforcer in the lineup and right now Rosehill is that guy... mostly because Orr can't skate. Rosehill isn't as good a fighter, but he's a decent forechecker with decent skating ability. So I think they bring back to the 4th line for 800k on a 1 year deal.

Franson - RFA... $800k last year

I think Franson is gone via trade. Similar to their dumping of Stralman for a pick a few years ago. Solid offensively but slow on his feet, and not tough enough, of defensively aware enough to fit in with Carlyle. It's too bad - I like Franson and think he will be a solid #4 d-man when teams stop jerking him around.

Gustavsson - UFA.... 1.35 last year.

The consensus is that Monster is gone and I agree completely.

Scrivens - RFA.... 600k last year

I think Scrivens and Reimer split the starts next season. I don't think there's an obvious upgrade in free agency over either of these guys. So unless they pull off a surprising deal, I'm going to go against the grain and say that I don't believe Scrivens will be in the minors next season. He's having a terrific playoff so far, and I think they will reward him in the fall, assuming he has a strong camp.
    Locks for resign are Frattin, Kulemin, Scrivens. Kulemin I think your right about. Leafs will push this season, him and his agent will push saying he just had bad luck this season. He'll get 2.8ish I think. Small term as well. He may get 2 years with a slightly higher salary so the Leafs can keep him as an RFA still.

Frattin won't have much leverage as he has minimal NHL experience, even though he's been great in his first pro AHL season. Likely a smaller term contract as well so that he can prove himself and get a big pay day soon enough.

I think I agree with you. Maybe they grab a one year veteran guy to give Scrivens a little more time in the AHL and really solidify himself as an elite goaltending prospect.

Franson is interesting. It's a fairly safe bet he won't be a dump like Stralman. Regardless of the system, Burke invested fairly a lot in him (if you consider Lombardi's 3.5 million an investment, which it should be) and he already turned down a 2nd rounder and a roster player (likely just a contract dump) for him early on. He'll get his time to shine or Burke will get his price for him. He won't be given away I don't think.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Although ive heard Vokoun might sign over seas i think thats false and if that is the case then it would be nice to see a vokoun, reimer tandem.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Leaf Free Agents - Do they come back, and if so - for how much?

Kulemin - RFA... $2.35 last year

Frattin - RFA... $1.30 last year

Crabb - UFA.... $750k last year

Rosehill - UFA ... $600k last year

Franson - RFA... $800k last year

I think Franson is gone via trade. Similar to their dumping of Stralman for a pick a few years ago. Solid offensively but slow on his feet, and not tough enough, of defensively aware enough to fit in with Carlyle. It's too bad - I like Franson and think he will be a solid #4 d-man when teams stop jerking him around.

Gustavsson - UFA.... 1.35 last year.

The consensus is that Monster is gone and I agree completely.

Scrivens - RFA.... 600k last year
    Kulemin would've been gone at the deadline if he was to not be resigned, as they had an offer on the table for him. Despite his poor offensive season this year, he's still great defensively and works hard.

Frattin will stick another 2-3 years. Offensively capable 3rd liner who could maybe be top 6 depending how he goes. He's young, keep him.

Crabb depends on his demands. A suitable utility 3rd liner at the right price.

Rosehill is gone. Brown and now with Leo Komarov set to come in should do a better all-around game on top of agitate, and Brad Ross will be in the AHL most likely next year and NHL after that.

Franson could stay. I would not be surprised to see them move a D to make him fit, but I also wold not be surprised if he is the D that moves. Schenn, Liles, Phaneuf, Gardiner have to play. Gunnarsson, Franson, Komisarek left and the first 2 deserve it more. I feel like I am forgetting someone. And on top of that Holzer is more then ready to come in.

As for the goalies, I think Gustavsson will be shafted, because he didn't play bad all year. But Reimer's sticking around and Scrivens had a good season at the AHL level and is younger. Casualties happen...
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

The Great One

I think everyone knows my love for Kulemin. He was my favourite Leaf the last two years.

I've said this on these forums before, last year was a blessing in disguise for Kulemin.

By the way, I think Kulemin can play on any first line in the league; he's that smart.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Kulemin is one of the most underrated guys in the league... I'm a big fan of his as well.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I think everyone knows my love for Kulemin. He was my favourite Leaf the last two years.

I've said this on these forums before, last year was a blessing in disguise for Kulemin.

By the way, I think Kulemin can play on any first line in the league; he's that smart.
    I love Kulemin myself. Ever since he scored his first goal in Detroit in his first game. Brings so much to the table. I still wonder how it was even possible for him to not get at the least 20 goals last year.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Icon

Love to see him get reunited with his buddy Malkin in Pittsburgh.

Don't think they havent talked about it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

pens have way too many dmen like schenn (i.e defenseive dmen with little offensive upside)...and why would they need kulemin when malkin already has amazing chemistry with neal? dupuis is probably equally as effective as kulemin on crosby's wing, so i see that as a dead end. leafs dont have what the pens want for staal...

Dobber Sports Icon

I wasn't mentioning as per a particular trade.

Just thought it might be interesting as per the Malkin/Kulimen close friendship link.

Id be pretty sure they have talked about it between themselves.