Page 188 of 414 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Personally I wish most of the older management figures get "promoted" to president and ambassador roles. Let the new blood come in. A GM or coach does not have to be a former player with connections by default.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Matthews just switched to Orr-Group to represent him.. also represent McDavid. If a 10+m x 8 year deal wasn't already guaranteed.. I'd say it is now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Players represented by Orr:
    -Boyle
    -Connor Brown
    -John Carlson
    -Jeff Carter
    -Trevor Daley
    -Alex Debrincat
    -Ekblad
    -Ryan Ellis
    -Brian Flynn
    -Taylor Hall
    -McDavid
    -Sharp
    -Skinner
    -Spezza
    -The Staals
    -Cam Ward
    -Jeremy Bracco, and Dermott are represented by Orr too.

I wouldn’t say the 80mill contract is guaranteed. It’s nice to have Matthews, Dermott, and Brown on 1 team all repped by 1 group, might help drive the “we need everyone” thought.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Minor detail maybe, but apparently it was actually Matthews' agent who switched agencies. Not AM switching agents in order to be with the Orr group.
    So that's good.

Sidenote: I think AM's a terrific player, who wouldn't, but if he starts demanding McDavid money, I will be more than a little annoyed. He should be maxing out in the 9 range. 10 at the absolute most. Right? Am I nuts ?
    yes. he's going to get 11-11.5 for 8yrs. Tavares money. they won't mess around, they'll lock him up.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Eichel got $10M with a lower cap number. Seems pretty much impossible Matthews would get anything less. $11M sounds about right. Could be even higher.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Eichel got $10M with a lower cap number. Seems pretty much impossible Matthews would get anything less. $11M sounds about right. Could be even higher.
    There's a belief and not just within Leafs circle's that Matthews will be the better captain and win more than McDavid. If that's Dubas & Shanny's belief as well. Then McDavid money becomes even more of a possibility. Better see a couple 100pt seasons along the way too.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    There's a belief and not just within Leafs circle's that Matthews will be the better captain and win more than McDavid. If that's Dubas & Shanny's belief as well. Then McDavid money becomes even more of a possibility. Better see a couple 100pt seasons along the way too.
    I'm sure he'll want McDavid money but might have to settle for Eichel money. Just my guess. With the cap going up, Eichel's $10M equals to somewhere between $10.5M and $11M. So I think that's where they eventually agree.

With the higher cap, McDavid's $12.5M equals to somewhere between $13M and $13.7M. That's probably where Matthews starts. Team probably starts at $9M. Around $11M seems like a reasonable final number based on that as well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'm sure he'll want McDavid money but might have to settle for Eichel money. Just my guess. With the cap going up, Eichel's $10M equals to somewhere between $10.5M and $11M. So I think that's where they eventually agree.

With the higher cap, McDavid's $12.5M equals to somewhere between $13M and $13.7M. That's probably where Matthews starts. Team probably starts at $9M. Around $11M seems like a reasonable final number based on that as well.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it mirrors Tavares contract almost identically - especially if he re-signs with the Isles

Dobber Sports Ninja

He'll get more than Eichel money and less than McDavid money. Probably $11M.

He doesn't deserve McDavid money... nobody does... and I'm the biggest AM fanboy out there.

Either way they better lock him up long term. I can't afford to get screwed on another Toronto jersey... already got screwed on Kessel (right after he signed his long-term contract) and soon Josh Donaldson lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    He'll get more than Eichel money and less than McDavid money. Probably $11M.

He doesn't deserve McDavid money... nobody does... and I'm the biggest AM fanboy out there.

Either way they better lock him up long term. I can't afford to get screwed on another Toronto jersey... already got screwed on Kessel (right after he signed his long-term contract) and soon Josh Donaldson lol
    Damn! I can totally relate. Add a Bernier in for me too... (That was my mistake).

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Damn! I can totally relate. Add a Bernier in for me too... (That was my mistake).
    Schenn here.... sigh

Dobber Sports Titan

Lupul, JvR, Reimer, Kessel, RG3, Donaldson, Tulo, JB, Edwin, Santana Moss, Cousins, Randy Moss (Vikings), I have a jonas valanciunas one who could be moved.

Only jerseys I can wear now for my teams are my Marner, my blank Jays, sometimes my Tulo, an Auston Matthews NA jersey, and my Santana Moss Redskins jersey because he didn't just suck his way out of town, he fizzled off.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That's why I go with Gilmour. I do have a Matthews though and feel pretty secure that it will be wearable for a long time.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Any chance Lou sweeps in and steals DJ Smith as his next head coach? - 1. Lou knows him; 2. Babcock is already on record saying he hopes he becomes a head coach someday soon and would not stop him from going; 3. in a players poll last year he was the asst coach voted most ready to be a head coach.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Any chance Lou sweeps in and steals DJ Smith as his next head coach? - 1. Lou knows him; 2. Babcock is already on record saying he hopes he becomes a head coach someday soon and would not stop him from going; 3. in a players poll last year he was the asst coach voted most ready to be a head coach.
    Where do you access this type of information?