Page 176 of 414 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dermott and Holl making strong cases to stay in the lineup

The whole team is just cruising
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Dermott and Holl making strong cases to stay in the lineup

The whole team is just cruising
    after the game Babs was asked what would happen on Sat night to Holl & Dermott if Rielly & Hainsey are both able to return. His answer was simple and pure gold

"they'll play"

He also clearly acknowledged last night that since he's removed Martin from the line up that 4th line is a lot faster and a much larger threat offensively. 'All four lines are flying. We're noticeably better and faster all over the line up'

I had a good feeling Dermott would be here doing what he is doing... Holl is a real pleasant surprise.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    after the game Babs was asked what would happen on Sat night to Holl & Dermott if Rielly & Hainsey are both able to return. His answer was simple and pure gold

"they'll play"

He also clearly acknowledged last night that since he's removed Martin from the line up that 4th line is a lot faster and a much larger threat offensively. 'All four lines are flying. We're noticeably better and faster all over the line up'

I had a good feeling Dermott would be here doing what he is doing... Holl is a real pleasant surprise.
    Rielly-Hainsey
    Zaits-Gards
    Dermott-Holl?

Polak, Borgman the odd men out? So Borgman to the AHL.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    No Carrick?!
    This will be an interesting test for Babcock. If he continues to force Polak into the lineup... well... fist meet wall.
    Plenty of better options.

Unfortunately, as well as Holl has played, I can't see room for him. Dermott and Carrick should be the 5 and 6 guys. Borgman the extra.
    Totally forgot about Carrick haha. He's even gotten PP time, dude has a hard shot, but just doesn't seem to get it right on net.

Rielly-Hainsey
    Zaits-Gards
    Dermott-Carrick/Holl/Borgman.

and one of Borgman and Holl goes to the AHL again.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dermott & Holl have been partners all year for the Marlies... the chemistry they have together is obvious. I can see Holl going back down shortly, but Dermott won't be the same for the next 5 or so games as he adjusts to another Dman. Holl's a RHD, so that's a plus for him.

To go deep you need a bunch of Dmen that can step in... the fact we now have Dermott, Holl, Borgman, Carrick, Polak that can step in.. is huge. I wouldn't hesitate to push Dermott out in any situation already. Not sure I can say that about any of the others yet. I remember when the Leafs drafted Dermott the comparison was Duncan Keith. Slick skater, efficient with the puck & great passer. He's a more of a hitter than DK.. but we've 'he's a beauty!'

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What move do you guys think the leafs should make at the deadline now? It seems the "mid year acquisition" of Dermott has calmed the need for a defenseman, the leafs are stacked at forward and have good goaltending.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    What move do you guys think the leafs should make at the deadline now? It seems the "mid year acquisition" of Dermott has calmed the need for a defenseman, the leafs are stacked at forward and have good goaltending.
    No big moves this year. JVR will probably be their "rental" piece, instead of trading him for assets I think they'll keep him and let him walk in the summer. They aren't making a playoff run until their D is fixed anyways.

The leafs homer in me says Doughty already knows he's going to sign a contract to finish his career in Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    No big moves this year. JVR will probably be their "rental" piece, instead of trading him for assets I think they'll keep him and let him walk in the summer. They aren't making a playoff run until their D is fixed anyways.

The leafs homer in me says Doughty already knows he's going to sign a contract to finish his career in Toronto
    I agree but I also worry about how much he'd want to get paid! Not that he wouldn't be worth every penny
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I agree but I also worry about how much he'd want to get paid! Not that he wouldn't be worth every penny
    I want the Leafs to walk away from JVR given he'll want 6M minimum and a lot of term.

I'm guessing he'll sign with the Devils in the offseason, 6Mx7 years (Okposo's contract).

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I want the Leafs to walk away from JVR given he'll want 6M minimum and a lot of term.

I'm guessing he'll sign with the Devils in the offseason, 6Mx7 years (Okposo's contract).
    Would miss him for sure. Not many guys with the skillset and frame he has. His play in front of the net is arguably the best in the league. Just cant afford him with all the forward talent the leafs have... Good problem to have I guess

Dobber Sports Jedi

Would miss him for sure. Not many guys with the skillset and frame he has. His play in front of the net is arguably the best in the league. Just cant afford him with all the forward talent the leafs have... Good problem to have I guess
    if he's willing to come in at 5.. .I say lock him up

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if he's willing to come in at 5.. .I say lock him up
    That would be quite the hometown discount... Maybe a 1 yr deal for a cup run? But after that, the guy needs to get paid what he's worth

Dobber Sports Jedi

That would be quite the hometown discount... Maybe a 1 yr deal for a cup run? But after that, the guy needs to get paid what he's worth
    Tell that to Tom Brady

The Great One

Komarov Bozak JVR Moore Martin will most likely be gone IMO.

I wouldn't mind if they decided to trade them before the playoffs either. Although I would love the depth in the playoffs, I'd be happier with the long term outlook.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Komarov Bozak JVR Moore Martin will most likely be gone IMO.

I wouldn't mind if they decided to trade them before the playoffs either. Although I would love the depth in the playoffs, I'd be happier with the long term outlook.
    of those... JVR is the one I can see them resigning.. Nylander's about to command his own line as C.. so bye-bye Bozer... Martin just doesn't seem to fit. Leafs look to really be pushing toward a 4 scoring line system - almost by accident. Moore -- meet Gauthier. Komarov - Sosh & Grundstrom can do what you can do and more.... well minus the 8 language thing... although I can see Uncle coming back cheap as well.