Page 171 of 412 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?? Why isn't anyone mentioning him as a buy-low candidate?

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/949000374236532737
    I really don't see him having many seasons like last year, esp in his role with Babcock's system. Couple that with Matthews portfolio expanding and Nylander eventual transition to center and I'm seeing a 40-50pt guy.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Love that Dermott stepped in and just seemed to play his game. Also love the shot of him on the bench during the national anthems. Jittery with nerves, a couple deep breaths and a smile he fought to supress. He's going to create a really interesting decision when Zaitzev returns
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Love that Dermott stepped in and just seemed to play his game. Also love the shot of him on the bench during the national anthems. Jittery with nerves, a couple deep breaths and a smile he fought to supress. He's going to create a really interesting decision when Zaitzev returns
    Hainsey-Rielly
    Gardiner-Zaits
    Dermott-whoever (Polak, Carrick, Borgman)

That's my guess. Borgman will go to the AHL tho, since he can pass through waivers. Or Dermott will go back.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Hainsey-Rielly
    Gardiner-Zaits
    Polak-Borgman

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Hainsey-Rielly
    Gardiner-Zaits
    Polak-Borgman
    maybe... but if Dermott can get 8-10 games, I think he'll force Babs to play him bottom six.. he's better than either.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

First time posting in here, but big leafs fan! Was wondering what you thought of this potential trade for the leafs. As everyone knows Jack Johnson wants out of Columbus. Do you think the could make a deal to send a JVR or Bozak+ to get him? It's been reported that they want offense and we have a ton of assets in that area.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

The Great One

Id rather play Dermott than trade a roster player for Jack Johnson

Dobber Sports Jedi

JJ isn't worth Bozak or JVR. Columbus would have to add. I've heard more rumours about Tor poking around Chris Tanev. But the asking price would likely be Kapanen, 1st + -- he's 28, under contract for 2more years at 4.5. He played with Rielly at the World Championships a couple years ago and were far and away Canada's best pairing.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    First time posting in here, but big leafs fan! Was wondering what you thought of this potential trade for the leafs. As everyone knows Jack Johnson wants out of Columbus. Do you think the could make a deal to send a JVR or Bozak+ to get him? It's been reported that they want offense and we have a ton of assets in that area.
    JVR is a no, to me they need to sign him. Bozak is interesting but with Kadri in shutdown role, who is your 2nd scoring line center? maybe you try to bring someone in on expiring contract? Im also not sure JJ is your answer here...there is a reason he wants out of CBJ, he plays like crap so his minutes are lower...instead of playing better and earning more playing time he wants out...

Maybe I'm still riding the hype he had a few years ago but JJ would but a significant improvement over Borgman or Polak no? I guess I don't see the gap where JJ isn't worth JVR or Bozak, but Tanev is worth a boat load.
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I don't know about the rest of Leafs nation, but I'm getting mighty fed up with Babcock and his untouchability. No way in hell Polak should be playing - I don't care how much "snarl" Babs thinks he has. He's slow, makes bad decisions, and is always out of position. Rotate 5 and 6 between Carrick, Borgie and Dermott.
    And Leo, god love him, just isn't the same player he was a few years ago. He should be playing 4th line minutes with their best young players playing more. Somebody has to step in and tell Babs he's flirting with disaster here. Every team has a window, usually a small one, and if the Leafs keep deploying their current players (with the current defensive style) they'll miss theirs. This is not a team built to play defensive hockey. PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS. Skate and play offence and keep the puck out of your own zone.
    Polak is an easy whipping boy, he is not that bad....he is actualy at same +- as both Gardiner and Morgan R. If you think you fix a team if you replace Polak? well maybe if you replace him with top 5 D than yeah but we all know that wont happen.

Last few months leafs are in bottom half in scoring, thats where the issue is not Roman Polak...

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Polak is an easy whipping boy, he is not that bad....he is actualy at same +- as both Gardiner and Morgan R. If you think you fix a team if you replace Polak? well maybe if you replace him with top 5 D than yeah but we all know that wont happen.

Last few months leafs are in bottom half in scoring, thats where the issue is not Roman Polak...
    I always cringe now when hes out on the pk now because there's 50/50 chance the leafs go down another guy.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    JVR is a no, to me they need to sign him. Bozak is interesting but with Kadri in shutdown role, who is your 2nd scoring line center? maybe you try to bring someone in on expiring contract? Im also not sure JJ is your answer here...there is a reason he wants out of CBJ, he plays like crap so his minutes are lower...instead of playing better and earning more playing time he wants out...
    Nylander

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Cdot588 View Post
    Maybe I'm still riding the hype he had a few years ago but JJ would but a significant improvement over Borgman or Polak no? I guess I don't see the gap where JJ isn't worth JVR or Bozak, but Tanev is worth a boat load.
    when a player has fallen out of favour with a coach, has been bottom pair the better parts of two season and has openly requested a trade. There should be absolutely no reason to give up a 50pt C or a 60pt Winger who can notch 30+ goals. If Columbus gets even a 2nd rounder for JJ, I'll be surprised. If Tor gave up a top 6 forward for him, Lou should be booted out of Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    when a player has fallen out of favour with a coach, has been bottom pair the better parts of two season and has openly requested a trade. There should be absolutely no reason to give up a 50pt C or a 60pt Winger who can notch 30+ goals. If Columbus gets even a 2nd rounder for JJ, I'll be surprised. If Tor gave up a top 6 forward for him, Lou should be booted out of Tor.
    Fair enough. Would you give them one of Kapanen or Andreas Johnson?