Page 169 of 414 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    It's kind of bugging me that the Leafs are winning even though they are not playing well.
    Sends the kids the wrong message.

I smell a nasty losing streak coming.
    Did you see Sat night? 2nd 3rd periods, VAn had 1/8 shifts outside of their own zone. That was 40 min of complete domination. It just didn't translate to goals. They didn't play well last night, but Calgary was also massively motivated after getting lit up the past few games - bad combo.

This is when you need your goalie to step up and steal a game for you.. and Andy did. That's how good teams roll. We're getting closer.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

And, seriously Babcock, the Polak over Carrick favouritism has got to stop.
    When they play a smaller team Polak will be out and Carrick in I hope. Like Carolina.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Can we just trade for Hjalmarsson and bench both ROS?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Can we just trade for Hjalmarsson and bench both ROS?
    He's got a 10-team trade to list he would need to alter I do believe to have Toronto added to it. Plus he's on the IR (upper-body).

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He's got a 10-team trade to list he would need to alter I do believe to have Toronto added to it. Plus he's on the IR (upper-body).
    we have an IR as well.. No need to wait for him to return. One would have to think he'd rather Tor than Arz. ... Komarov can talk to him in his 1st language so there's that.

Dobber Sports Titan

we have an IR as well.. No need to wait for him to return. One would have to think he'd rather Tor than Arz. ... Komarov can talk to him in his 1st language so there's that.
    I'm not trading for a guy until I know the full extent of his injury. So until I (I as in me, not I as in if I was the GM) know what "upperbody" is, I'm not touching him.

He may not like Toronto/Canada, I dunno. But there's hurdles, big or small, that have to be done before he's traded.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not trading for a guy until I know the full extent of his injury. So until I (I as in me, not I as in if I was the GM) know what "upperbody" is, I'm not touching him.

He may not like Toronto/Canada, I dunno. But there's hurdles, big or small, that have to be done before he's traded.
    then find us another Hjalm - he's what this D needs

Dobber Sports Titan

then find us another Hjalm - he's what this D needs
    The D doesn't "need" anything right now. The team has 1 good (incredibly luckily healthy) season and everyone pushes for a cup. Right now, in December, why would you trade for anyone when the Leafs are pretty likely to make the playoffs.

Hjam is a very good player, and would help ease Hainsey's minutes, but right now, when he's on the IR, I wouldn't really be pursuing unless it was a call to see if I could get him at a steal.

I personally rather pay the exact same price as of now in February to know he's healthy.

Dobber Sports Deity

This team is giving up 40+ shots most nights. How can you say this team doesn't need D help? They obviously have issues getting the puck out of their zone. The only reason they are winning most of their games, and in the position they are in today, is because they can score and Andersen is saving their ass.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This team is giving up 40+ shots most nights. How can you say this team doesn't need D help? They obviously have issues getting the puck out of their zone. The only reason they are winning most of their games, and in the position they are in today, is because they can score and Andersen is saving their ass.
    Their top 4 D are positive defensive point shares
    Besides Polak, Zaitsev is the only D that has a poor corsi (and it’s massively flawed for D I do know)
    I don’t think it’s their top 4 D are the issue in the defensive zone. I think it’s the forwards. But having a player like Hjam take over a top 4 spot could help cover forwards defensive holes. But, with Babcocks RH/LH love it’s going to be a bit odd.

Rielly/Hainsey are together
    Zaitsev is the RHD2
    So it would be Gardiner/Hjam as D2
    So Zaitsev/Borgman?

Babcock has high praise for Zaitsev, and we always thought he was talking Gardiner/Kadri up 2 years ago when Babs talked them up, but turned out he does enjoy them. So would Babcock dabble with:
    Rielly/Hjam
    Gardiner/Zaits
    Hainsey/Polak/Borgman?

Hjam would be replacing a top 4 player, and really it would be Zaits, but could be Hainsey even though he’s played very well with Rielly (especially switching his partner while having such a good yr from Rielly). I don’t think the upgrade from Zaits to Hjalm would help the real issue that is forward defensive zone play.

Right now, I rather try and fix the issue (in my eyes) that is forwards in the defensive zone instead of trying to put a bandaid on it. Come deadline day, and it's not fixed, a bandaid may have to be used. But if we get Hjalm for a good price right now tho, I’d be insane to say no.

Dobber Sports Expert

Good win tonight. The refs did everything they could to make it close.

Freddie is a top 5 goalie.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Their top 4 D are positive defensive point shares
    Besides Polak, Zaitsev is the only D that has a poor corsi (and it’s massively flawed for D I do know)
    I don’t think it’s their top 4 D are the issue in the defensive zone. I think it’s the forwards. But having a player like Hjam take over a top 4 spot could help cover forwards defensive holes. But, with Babcocks RH/LH love it’s going to be a bit odd.

Rielly/Hainsey are together
    Zaitsev is the RHD2
    So it would be Gardiner/Hjam as D2
    So Zaitsev/Borgman?

Babcock has high praise for Zaitsev, and we always thought he was talking Gardiner/Kadri up 2 years ago when Babs talked them up, but turned out he does enjoy them. So would Babcock dabble with:
    Rielly/Hjam
    Gardiner/Zaits
    Hainsey/Polak/Borgman?

Hjam would be replacing a top 4 player, and really it would be Zaits, but could be Hainsey even though he’s played very well with Rielly (especially switching his partner while having such a good yr from Rielly). I don’t think the upgrade from Zaits to Hjalm would help the real issue that is forward defensive zone play.

Right now, I rather try and fix the issue (in my eyes) that is forwards in the defensive zone instead of trying to put a bandaid on it. Come deadline day, and it's not fixed, a bandaid may have to be used. But if we get Hjalm for a good price right now tho, I’d be insane to say no.
    I see this being fixed more in a trade than internally if the goal is to push for a Cup run in the next two years. Gauthier will help moving forward.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hell of a game for McElhinney last night. The posts helped him on a few occasions (as a goalie myself, I always say, that's what they are there for) and the Oilers outplayed the Leafs for the majority of the game but it wasn't meant to be. If the Oilers can ever get that damn PP going, look out. Painful watching them squander so many good chances on the PP to only come up short.

None the less, good game to watch last night.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hell of a game for McElhinney last night. The posts helped him on a few occasions (as a goalie myself, I always say, that's what they are there for) and the Oilers outplayed the Leafs for the majority of the game but it wasn't meant to be. If the Oilers can ever get that damn PP going, look out. Painful watching them squander so many good chances on the PP to only come up short.

None the less, good game to watch last night.
    so much fun for a 1-0 game. Not a fan of the leafs getting outshot 2-1 again though. This is getting painful. It seems for them to win consistently, they need to be -10 in shots ... this goes back to the Wilson days

Dobber Sports Jedi

The Wilson days? I haven't checked, but I would wager they got outshot more often in the Carlyle era. I recall the Leafs having one of the best possession lines in hockey under Wilson (Mac/Grabbo/Kulie). Wilson had them playing well, more often than not. He just never had Andersen-calibre goaltending.

I agree though, I'm tired of seeing them get outplayed and relying on their goaltending to bail them out. The Oil deserved a better fate yesterday.
    It's a tinkering more than overhaul that's needed. things were working well in regard to SOG per game earlier. They're getting away from that.

it's interesting they are 6-0 without AM.