Page 165 of 414 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 175 215 265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

JVR went on record saying he'd take a pay-cut (from his already discounted salary IMO) to stay long term in Toronto. I don't think he gets traded.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    JVR went on record saying he'd take a pay-cut (from his already discounted salary IMO) to stay long term in Toronto. I don't think he gets traded.
    you got a source for that... that makes me giddy! also gives hope that Matthews chooses to win over a huge payday and goes for more of a Stamkos deal vs. Eichel deal
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    That would be pretty cool except Stamkos's deal would be a tough sell... with no income tax there, his net pay (I'm guessing here) is similar to Eichel's.
    what's he making in local Tor advertising & sponsor deals? The wild card here is Matthews has been very clear and articulated multiple times he defines greatness in Stanley Cups. He wants to win, and win repeatedly. The best way to that is to be Tom Brady- take way less than market value to ensure you have the team depth to sign the roster required to do so. We'll find out next summer

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    what's he making in local Tor advertising & sponsor deals? The wild card here is Matthews has been very clear and articulated multiple times he defines greatness in Stanley Cups. He wants to win, and win repeatedly. The best way to that is to be Tom Brady- take way less than market value to ensure you have the team depth to sign the roster required to do so. We'll find out next summer
    Whenever someone takes one of those "less than market value" deals, the GM just ends up wasting the cap space for someone pretty worthless, and that's why it doesn't happen very often. Just look at Kucherov. He took like $3M less than market value and then they waste that money on Dan Girardi. What a waste. Star players like Kucherov should just say "Hey, it's not my problem you gave Callahan $5.8M or Coburn $3.7M. Pay me what I'm worth." I hope more star players look at what happened with Kucherov and don't even consider doing the same mistake.

Dobber Sports Titan

Contract Expiry Update
    JvR, Bozak, Leo, D.Moore, Polak, Lupul, Fehr, Tim Gleason, Cowen, Greening, B.Smith (2018UFA)
    Nylander, F.Gauthier, Leivo, Carrick, Marincin, Pickard, Kaskisuo, Aaltonen, Rychel, Valiev, Johnsson, Sosh, J.Holl (2018RFA)

Gardiner, Hainsey, McElhinney, LoVerde, Mueller (2019UFA)
    Matthews, Marner, Borgman, T.Moore, Rosen, Kapanen, Sparks (2019RFA)

Marleau, Martin, Horton (2020UFA)
    Brown, Bunch of others (2020RFA)

Also to note some details on upcoming UFA's for the Leafs:
    JvR has a M-NTC: 10 team list he CAN'T go to
    Bozak has a M-NTC: 12 team list he CAN go to
    Komarov has NO Trade Clause. Free to go anywhere
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Whenever someone takes one of those "less than market value" deals, the GM just ends up wasting the cap space for someone pretty worthless, and that's why it doesn't happen very often. Just look at Kucherov. He took like $3M less than market value and then they waste that money on Dan Girardi. What a waste. Star players like Kucherov should just say "Hey, it's not my problem you gave Callahan $5.8M or Coburn $3.7M. Pay me what I'm worth." I hope more star players look at what happened with Kucherov and don't even consider doing the same mistake.
    I don't see Tor wasting money like that moving forward. If TB wins a cup this year... with Kuch making way below market value that trend won't be bucked overnight. I prefer to have faith the Leafs front office will push for discounted deals & not waste money moving forward if space is open.

I'd much rather leave 4-5m open entering the season and make a mid-season deal for a larger contract to fill an identified hole on the roster - once the team establishes they're cup contenders. TB would have been better off doing that vs. signing Girardi.

as a Leafs fan I'm happy to see other teams spend chunks of change on declining players. Meanwhile, fingers are crossed, they watch and learn vs. watch and repeat.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Highly doubt they would consider trading Marner. And Kypper is an idiot.

JVR will be the guy if they end up trading someone.
    Ill tell u right now they are not going to get much for him in a contract year. Not to mention a lousy year at that

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't see Tor wasting money like that moving forward. If TB wins a cup this year... with Kuch making way below market value that trend won't be bucked overnight. I prefer to have faith the Leafs front office will push for discounted deals & not waste money moving forward if space is open.

I'd much rather leave 4-5m open entering the season and make a mid-season deal for a larger contract to fill an identified hole on the roster - once the team establishes they're cup contenders. TB would have been better off doing that vs. signing Girardi.

as a Leafs fan I'm happy to see other teams spend chunks of change on declining players. Meanwhile, fingers are crossed, they watch and learn vs. watch and repeat.
    Every fan base has had similar hope and it has never happened before. I'm not so sure players have any faith in that happening either. GMs make stupid mistakes when they have available cap space. They seem to be smarter when they're close to the cap.

I'm not saying it can't happen... I'm just saying the odds are not in favor of it happening. I'd give them 10% odds of both Matthews taking a discount and them not wasting that money on something stupid.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I can't seem to find the article again, so I may have been duped by fake news.... I am shamed.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I can't seem to find the article again, so I may have been duped by fake news.... I am shamed.
    I found a snippet from Reddit that LeBrun made those comments during an intermission of a Mtl game... not that he'd take less than now, but he'd take a 'team discount' if given 8yrs.

Dobber Sports Titan

I found a snippet from Reddit that LeBrun made those comments during an intermission of a Mtl game... not that he'd take less than now, but he'd take a 'team discount' if given 8yrs.
    Well he can easily get 6mill/5-7yr in FA, so "Team Discount" for 8yrs would be 5mill?

Dobber Sports Wizard

JVR will be 29 next summer, so giving him 8 years would be a big risk.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd prefer to take him at 6yrs if he's giving a decent discount. very few players I'd want for 8yrs at that age.

Dobber Sports Titan

Terry Koshan reports today is the deadline for Leafs forward Nikita Soshnikov, who’s currently skating with their AHL farm team, to decide if he’ll use his option to return to the KHL if he’s not part of the Leafs roster. Soshnikov’s agent, Dan Milstein, said there’s no expectation his client will use employ that option.

If he doesn't exercise that option, that's a team player right there. Might have to do with Ship getting $50,000 to play with Ska, and Sosh is making $70,000 in the minors. He's got like 12pts in 14games, so he'd be one of the first wingers called up if there's a slew of injuries.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sosh recalled like 20minutes ago