Page 145 of 414 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Banned

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Common Ev. Even you should be able to admit that they are the two best coaches in the game. They are not that far apart. You don't get selected to be the head coach on the biggest stage for nothing. You do cheer for Team Canada right? Or do you cheer for Sweden....

Quenneville:
    Three Stanley Cup appearances as head coach, three wins

Babcock:
    Three Stanley Cup appearances as head coach, one win
    Two Olympic Gold Medals
    I don't consider Olympic gold coaching Canada impressive. Sorry. I could have coached them.

Not trying to start anything here. Just trying to calm down the hyperbole of the poster I responded to. The leafs have a long way to go.

Dobber Sports Master

Proud of the Leafs tenacity tonight, and even if they don't win the Cup this year, I can see light at the end of the proverbial tunnel here.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He hates him because he's Russian.
    True, but the fact his +/- is horrid only adds to Grapes' disdain.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    True, but the fact his +/- is horrid only adds to Grapes' disdain.
    He hates "Russian Hockey Players". The soft style. That's why he loves Radulov because he plays like Ovi, more NA style. If Zaitsev was a 6'4" 230lb Weber look-a-like he'd love him even if his +/- was bad.

It's funny to see the Quennville comments when Team Canada management thinks Babcock is a better headcoach, because JQ is Babs assistant. Both are in a tier of their own.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He hates "Russian Hockey Players". The soft style. That's why he loves Radulov because he plays like Ovi, more NA style. If Zaitsev was a 6'4" 230lb Weber look-a-like he'd love him even if his +/- was bad.

It's funny to see the Quennville comments when Team Canada management thinks Babcock is a better headcoach, because JQ is Babs assistant. Both are in a tier of their own.
    You're contradicting yourself there. Aren't Ovi and Radulov Russian? You cant say he hates him because he's Russian and then say he loves Radulov and Ovi.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

You're contradicting yourself there. Aren't Ovi and Radulov Russian? You cant say he hates him because he's Russian and then say he loves Radulov and Ovi.
    Ovi and Radulov don't play what Cherry thinks is Russian hockey. He likes Rads because he grinds, hits, and plays a rough style.

He was ripping Kuzy for cellying, then says he loves Radulovs energy. He loves Rads because he gets into the corners and plays the way Cherry likes. A very nonstereotypcial Russian style

My theory at least.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ovi and Radulov don't play what Cherry thinks is Russian hockey. He likes Rads because he grinds, hits, and plays a rough style.

He was ripping Kuzy for cellying, then says he loves Radulovs energy. He loves Rads because he gets into the corners and plays the way Cherry likes. A very nonstereotypcial Russian style

My theory at least.
    Thats fine. Then say he hates him because he's soft; don't say he hates him because he's Russian. You could also say he hates him because his +/- is terrible. Both would be true.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thats fine. Then say he hates him because he's soft; don't say he hates him because he's Russian. You could also say he hates him because his +/- is terrible. Both would be true.
    But he won't say that about a NA player. I wouldn't say Kuzy is soft, he just doesn't play a physical game (fine line and very close to contradiction). But it takes a lot for him to rip a NA player who plays the same way.

I think i'm derailing myself, not enough coffee in me yet. Point is I think Grapes has Zaits in his crosshairs because he's Russian, then fires his (true) points across. If he wasn't Russian, he might not have Zaits in his crosshairs. Or if he was Russian, but played like Weber (but worse) he wouldn't have Zaits in his crosshairs.

Banned

He's right that the contract for zaitsev would be horrible

- - - Updated - - -

Again, no lol. Babcock is in a tier of his own in salary. That's about it

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    He's right that the contract for zaitsev would be horrible

- - - Updated - - -

Again, no lol. Babcock is in a tier of his own in salary. That's about it
    Ok.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Just ignore that ridiculous child. He's only trying to antagonize, as usual.

Poll 100 random hockey experts and Babcock will rank top 3 for almost every one of them. He's widely considered one of the best coaches in the world, if not THE best.
    You mean Dart-Man as the top 3 coach right?

https://twitter.com/TheFlintor/status/854107890180902912?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.bardown.com%2Fhockey-fan-honours-dart-guy-by-raising-his-banner-to-the-acc-rafters-1.727096

Dobber Sports All-Star

I don't consider Olympic gold coaching Canada impressive. Sorry. I could have coached them.

Not trying to start anything here. Just trying to calm down the hyperbole of the poster I responded to. The leafs have a long way to go.
    I don't think I am hyperboling. They have been surprising people all year long and are continuing to do so in the playoffs, albeit 3 games. I'm just saying that it would not surprise me if this team keeps making big strides over the next 2 years under Babcock and make a Final appearance. Now, a Duncan Keith would certainly help.

As for Quenneville, he is no doubt a great coach and will put that greatness to the test being down 3-0 against Nashville.

Dobber Sports All-Star

But he won't say that about a NA player. I wouldn't say Kuzy is soft, he just doesn't play a physical game (fine line and very close to contradiction). But it takes a lot for him to rip a NA player who plays the same way.

I think i'm derailing myself, not enough coffee in me yet. Point is I think Grapes has Zaits in his crosshairs because he's Russian, then fires his (true) points across. If he wasn't Russian, he might not have Zaits in his crosshairs. Or if he was Russian, but played like Weber (but worse) he wouldn't have Zaits in his crosshairs.
    True. This is so blatantly obvious. One of the reasons I dislike him. He is patriotic to a fault.

Dobber Sports All-Star

No, I'm not. Stop being a hypocrite. What are you, 40-50 years old? Grow up old man.

- - - Updated - - -

they're done. Coaching has nothing to do with it, they just don't have the talent.
    Can't agree with you there. They did finish 1st overall in the Western Conference after all. You do need some talent to do that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't think I am hyperboling. They have been surprising people all year long and are continuing to do so in the playoffs, albeit 3 games. I'm just saying that it would not surprise me if this team keeps making big strides over the next 2 years under Babcock and make a Final appearance. Now, a Duncan Keith would certainly help.

As for Quenneville, he is no doubt a great coach and will put that greatness to the test being down 3-0 against Nashville.
    Dermott is coming... patience grasshopper.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4