Page 14 of 414 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Icon

Tyler Biggs baby - Big and Nasty!

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm curious to know how Leafs Nation feel about the draft so far and Biggs in particular?

Dobber Sports Stud

Since TK's gone and we have quite a bit that's hapenned since the draft, here's the update.

Since the draft, the leafs have bolstered up quite nicely without giving out anything more then money. On July 2nd, they signed Tim Connolly to a 2 year, 9.5 million dollar contract (4.75 million per year cap hit). It's also front loaded (5.5 the 1st year, 4 the next). At 1st I did not like it, but looking over it, it's not too bad. If healthy, he can probably provide the kind of 1st line worthy playmaking for Kessel. He can help on the PP. He's a fairly big guy at 6' 1" 190 lbs. He has a bit of an injury history (correction : a bit is an udnerstatement) but he has proved in the past he was capable of putting up solid point numbers. After Richards, he was basically best centerman availible, despite the injury history. And if he does get injured, it'll give some time for Kadri and/or Colborne to showcase their abilities on the top line. Money is a non-issue for the leafs, and the term is such that if he does go injured for most of the term, it's only two years. He cost nothing but money for what could be a partial upgrade on our top line, buying development time for Kadri/Colborne. Good enough for me.

On July 3rd, Burke seems to have done it again acquiring Cody Franson and Matthew Lombardi from Nashville for Brett Ledba (good riddance!) and forward Robert Slaney (more of an AHL forward if you weren't familiar with the name - probably a contract limit thing). A conditional 4th going either way is also hinging on how many games Lombardi plays in the next two - over 60 and we give them a 2013 4th, less then that and Nashville gives us a 2013 4th. We're getting a young, valuable defensive prospect in Franson and a guy who could play well if healthy in Lombardi for basically names and a 4th. It's a salary dump for Nashville, but Franson is a nice addition for pretty much nothing here.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Last few weeks have been silent. Burke re-signed Tyler Bozak (1.1 per year for 2) and Clarke MacArthur (3.25 million per year for 2 years) along with bringing along centerman Phillipe Dupuis (650k/1y) in order to shore up some depth.

The Leafs also held their prospects development camp. From various sources (Mirtle being one of them), the standouts were Jake Gardiner, Jesse Blacker and Stuart Percy, all of whom are defencemen.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

I'm back! Thanks to nights for helping me out. much appreciated. I have gotten minor Leafs updates over these three weeks but nothing in-depth. I know that the Leafs added another average center, and traded away that piece of crap Lebda for Cody Franson (was Dutch crying?). If I could get some links to the break-downs of the trades and Leafs offseason moves, that would be much appreciated.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    I'm back! Thanks to nights for helping me out. much appreciated. I have gotten minor Leafs updates over these three weeks but nothing in-depth. I know that the Leafs added another average center, and traded away that piece of crap Lebda for Cody Franson (was Dutch crying?). If I could get some links to the break-downs of the trades and Leafs offseason moves, that would be much appreciated.

Welcome back TK

By the way

Brad Richards ...Get it done Burkie.

That ship has sailed

Banned

welcome back TK...some news you missed...apparently even though its still mid-summer, the Leafs have already somehow missed the 2012 playoffs, making it the 7th consecutive year

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    welcome back TK...some news you missed...apparently even though its still mid-summer, the Leafs have already somehow missed the 2012 playoffs, making it the 7th consecutive year
    Was it Komisarek's fault?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Banned

Was it Komisarek's fault?
    yeah actually, he coughs up the puck in the final game of the season against Montreal which leads to the game winning goal. Its a meaningless game for the Habs as they've already secured a playoff spot but it costs the Leafs the 8th seed, very tragic

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

random thought just occured to me:

someone offer sheets luke schenn, causing burke to get pissed off and then offer sheeting drew doughty!

i love my imagination haha

Dobber Sports Master

Odd coincidence that Schenn talks are beginning again after the signing of Stamkos?

Future Eklund right here.

Dobber Sports Monster

TK, think Campoli becomes a Leaf? Or just Summer rumors

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2011/0...-to-be-a-leaf/

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Odd coincidence that Schenn talks are beginning again after the signing of Stamkos?

Future Eklund right here.

Don't lower yourself to that level

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post

Just what the Leafs need - another defenseman.....*Sigh*

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post

He'd be a perfect fit on our 4th defence pair....wait a sec

Unless if Burke has a plan to trade Gunnarsson and Komisarek there's no place for him on our team. Currently, our top 6 is as follows...

Phaneuf-Aulie
    Liles-Schenn
    Gunnarsson-Franson

Komisarek
    Lashoff

That's quality right there. I see Campoli fitting nicely with Franson but with 1 person ahead of him and Komisarek a Burke favourite, Campoli would be no fit.

We need a top line player. Our mediocrity is unmatched.