Page 114 of 412 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

I’ve liked Soshnikov more than the other young guys so far. He looks like he’s the type of player Babcock likes. The young guys will get the pace of the game soon enough and it’ll be nice to see the chemistry in full force when that happens.

It makes me kinda giggle when Nylander goes and try’s to push a player after they’ve passed the puck. The opposing player doesn’t move and Nylander gets a little boost going the other way lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lets say that the leafs dont get first overall pick, and choose not to include stamkos in their future, would RNH be another possibility to come in as number 1? For say Gardiner
    H2H - Keep 3 players + 1 D - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG
    G - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - McDavid,Scheifele,
    RW -
    LW -
    D - Reilly
    G -

H2H - Keep 4 players + 1 D - 12 - 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS
    G- W, SV%, GAA, SO
    C- Seguin
    RW-Kane,Marner
    LW-
    D- Hedman
    G- Vasilevskiey

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tictactao View Post
    Lets say that the leafs dont get first overall pick, and choose not to include stamkos in their future, would RNH be another possibility to come in as number 1? For say Gardiner
    oilers would rather package RNH to get a better D. leafs would rather not use 6M cap space on a soft forward that might not even be a #1.

Dobber Sports Titan

Nylander has been floating a bit, that needs to be worked out of him. That’s more of a subconscious thing I bet he’s doing. He can do that in the AHL, so it’s slightly worked its way into this NHL game. Nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn’t stick. Kapanen has done the same too. I think it’s more a result of their style of play too. Guys like Hyman and Soshnikov are hard work, straight line guys (with skill) but need to work 110% of the time. Kap and Nylander are those skilled guys who are too small right now to lean on people and be physical so they use the “wait and pounce” approach. But they don’t have a handle on the speed yet to know when to wait and when to pounce.

All in all, I like seeing the speed, and the fact the team as a whole out works you now. Tampa, Washington, Minny, and even Ottawa were given tough games by players with little experience, I like that.

I also like Soshnikovs shot. Holy jeebus was that kid can really shoot it. 121kmph and 119kmph, no chance for goalies to save it, they just wish it hits them.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Sparks has been named the starter for Wednesday against the Islanders. Really? What am I missing here? There must be something going in the dressing room that we don't know about for Sparks to all of a sudden take over the number one position in Toronto. He really isn't that good and this is a such a slap in the face for Bernier. I know they're tanking, but no goalie is going to steal a game with that roster in front of them.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3765/garret-sparks

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Sparks has been named the starter for Wednesday against the Islanders. Really? What am I missing here? There must be something going in the dressing room that we don't know about for Sparks to all of a sudden take over the number one position in Toronto. He really isn't that good and this is a such a slap in the face for Bernier. I know they're tanking, but no goalie is going to steal a game with that roster in front of them.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3765/garret-sparks
    Sparks has played very well….

His goals against vs Buffalo were all tough ones. I don’t think he missed played any of them. They’ve been naming the starters since the deadline very early tho.

Also Halak is starting tonight, so Greiss is likely to start tmo vs the Leafs. Leafs have a double header on the weekend (Saturday/Sunday), so Bernier will get Saturday’s game likely.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sparks has played very well….

His goals against vs Buffalo were all tough ones. I don’t think he missed played any of them. They’ve been naming the starters since the deadline very early tho.

Also Halak is starting tonight, so Greiss is likely to start tmo vs the Leafs. Leafs have a double header on the weekend (Saturday/Sunday), so Bernier will get Saturday’s game likely.
    It just seems strange to me that your starting goalie going into the season has fallen this far. No, he hasn't been great but, he was injured here and there. It just seem very disrespectful. Not like Sparks is the next Carey Price. He was just an after thought when he got drafted in the 7th round 5 years ago.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    It just seems strange to me that your starting goalie going into the season has fallen this far. No, he hasn't been great but, he was injured here and there. It just seem very disrespectful. Not like Sparks is the next Carey Price. He was just an after thought when he got drafted in the 7th round 5 years ago.
    Fredrik Andersen was a 7th round pick before going back into the draft the next yr. He was originally drafted by Carolina in the 7th round. Goalies are strange and where they were draft past round 3 shouldn’t be taken into account REALLY. Key is when I say REALLY.

Lundqvist was 205th overall (7th round). Rinne was drafted 258th, Halak 271st, and Elliot 291st. Obviously there’s some “he was drafted 7th round”, but if he’s playing well, why not keep him in it? The CEHL or wherever he was 2 yrs ago isn’t even considered a wasteland of goalie talent anymore.

Dobber Sports Jedi

This is about Sparks, not about Bernier. They had said at the deadline when Sparks, Soshnikov, Kapanen, Nylander, Hyman, Carrick were all called up that it was about seeing what they've got in the AHL at the NHL level.

The only way to find out with Sparks is to start him on a regular basis over Bernier. they need to see and know if Sparks can play & think at the NHL level and see if he has the making of the goods to be a starter.

He was drafted in 2011 while still a back up goalie. He spent another 2 years in the OHL before splitting a year between ECHL & AHL. His development seems to be slow but very steady. He's still only 22.

Look at Jake Allen; he was drafted #34 overall in 2008!! This is his first year playing 40+ games in the NHL... he's 25 currently. There is no timetable for goalies to be ready. They're just ready when they're ready.

But like I first said, it's about seeing what they've got in the system and determining where the development is at and whether or not there's a pedigree there to keep developing
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Fredrik Andersen was a 7th round pick before going back into the draft the next yr. He was originally drafted by Carolina in the 7th round. Goalies are strange and where they were draft past round 3 shouldn’t be taken into account REALLY. Key is when I say REALLY.

Lundqvist was 205th overall (7th round). Rinne was drafted 258th, Halak 271st, and Elliot 291st. Obviously there’s some “he was drafted 7th round”, but if he’s playing well, why not keep him in it? The CEHL or wherever he was 2 yrs ago isn’t even considered a wasteland of goalie talent anymore.
    Fair enough. Lots of good examples but i'm not buying it with Sparks. Not when he is getting the start after a loss. Its a slap in the face to Bernier, who, by the way, is only 27 years old. 2 games for Benier and 1 for Sparks would be a somewhat fair ratio, or play till you lose even. Sparks wasn't even the number 1 goalie with the Marlies. Nothing against Sparks but, it does seem strange to me.

I don't see other non playoff teams like Montreal starting Condon ahead of Price, if healthy, for more than 2 of their last 15 games. Ok, that one was obvious. I don't see Columbus starting Korpisalo over Bobrovsky, if he was healthy, for more than 3 of the remaining games. Same goes with the situation in Arizona if Smith was healthy, or Hutchinson in Winnipeg over Pavelic. I get you that you want to see him get some games in, but.......

Also, Rinne was 26 when he made it. Lundqvist played in the Olympics before his rookie NHL year and Elliot didn't have any competition in Ottawa, but yeah, you are right about not taking into account where they are drafted. They are the biggest crap shoot when it comes to the draft.

Dobber Sports Jedi

We can really simplify this, near the beginning of the year Babcock said he plays the guys he trusts the most and who will give them the best chance to win each night. He has no trust in Bernier, therefore Sparks starts.

Lou went on record after the deadline & call ups saying we're playing the kids, we're going to see what we've got. Reasons 1 & 2 why Sparks is starting.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

if the off chance leafs land stamkos and matthews, i definitely see them trading for a goalie (andersen?). otherwise i can see another year of bernier (Assuming he hasn't been traded for someone like wideman), with perhaps sparks backing up (which is why they are testing him out now to see if he can handle NHL duties).

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't buy into the Stamkos rumors, Any big name UFA is always linked to the Leafs by the Tor. media... him having Tor roots make it an even better story. But he wants to win cups and wants to win now. Tor is not in Win now mode. I'm on the betting side he stays in TB

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I don't buy into the Stamkos rumors, Any big name UFA is always linked to the Leafs by the Tor. media... him having Tor roots make it an even better story. But he wants to win cups and wants to win now. Tor is not in Win now mode. I'm on the betting side he stays in TB
    Agreed.

Dobber Sports Titan

In regards to Sparks starting over Bernier, I’m more shocked Bibeau hasn’t been called up. But maybe that’s in regards to only being able to call up 6 people after the deadline. It may also be about how they want to give Sparks consistent starts to see if his Endurance level is high enough, then after xx number of games, they send him down and call up Bibeau for an extended look to see how he handles a starters load