Page 128 of 412 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

The Great One

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

What a game. Babcock said it best so I'll just post the transcript.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    On the result and Auston Matthews taking ownership for the game-losing goal:

Mike Babcock: Tough end for our team; I don’t know about Auston. We’re all a part of history tonight because we’re here. Special player. I thought, just for me from my perspective, since I’ve been Leafs coach that’s the best night I’ve had since I’ve been here by ten miles. Not even close, because now we have an opportunity when you look at Marner… I thought Marner – I know Matthews scored all the goals – in the first half of the game might have been the best player. I thought Nylander was great. I thought Hyman was great. I thought Brown was great. I thought Carrick was great. I thought Zaitsev was great. A pretty good night for us. Do we want the other point? Absolutely. The way we controlled the puck and controlled the game — you’ve got to win and we didn’t.

Auston’s exact words were that the “overtime goal was totally his fault.” Is that kind of accountability part of what makes him special?

Babcock: No question. Not only that. He’s a man. He’s 19 years old but he acts like he’s 27. He’s got great maturity. If you meet his mom and dad, you’re thoroughly impressed with the kind of people they are, and then the respect he has for his mom and his sisters and the kind of guy he is. Don’t get me wrong, we’d have drafted him anyway, but that makes it more special.

You’ve been around this league a long time. How tough is it to make that kind of impact in your first game?

Babcock: I don’t even know. I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s a good player. When you see that second goal he scored – not many guys do that. We’re fortunate we have him, and yet we can be way, way better than we were tonight and we’re going to get way better.

How would you assess Andersen’s play tonight?

Babcock: Not good enough, but he’d be the first to tell you that. The thing about goaltending is they pick you up lots of nights and some nights you’ve got to pick them up. That’s just the way it is. That might be the most comfortable position on our team if you’re me. So I’m not going to spend any time worrying about that. We’re just going to get on with it. He’ll get himself going. He missed quite a bit of hockey. I don’t have any concerns about him.

What did you see from the team behind the blueline in the defensive zone?

Babcock: I never thought that was that bad. We lost Hunwick early in the game, so suddenly you’re in your first game and you’re playing five D. But you go through that game… if you just want to go through the chances, it’s not close.

What is Hunwick’s status?

Babcock: He missed the game.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Although I may be more concerned about Andersen than he is. I never liked the contract to begin with, since I don't think we needed to take that risk. He might even be 'the goalie' and I could look like an idiot but I don't think Andersen deserved that type of contract. 3 years no problem, 5 years I don't like.

Dobber Sports Genius

Leafs dominated that game, Ottawa defensive zone coverage was invisible, the only guy back there doing anything was Anderson. But problem for the Leafs was their goalie not making a stop when they needed him to. Good energy and puck movement for the Leafs but poor goaltending cost them the game.

Dobber Sports Expert

Nazim Kadri.
    Was hoping for a better start from him. I know it's way to early but do you think we are seeing a 40-50 pt player here or can he or will he be in the situation to do better?

Dobber Sports Expert

Nazim Kadri.
    Was hoping for a better start from him. I know it's way to early but do you think we are seeing a 40-50 pt player here or can he or will he be in the situation to do better?

Morgan Rielly. Anyone hear as to why he's not being used on PP? I just don't see any logical reason to do this.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Nazim Kadri.

Morgan Rielly. Anyone hear as to why he's not being used on PP? I just don't see any logical reason to do this.
    I think Kadri is about a 50 point guy, and that's what we will see as the season goes on.

As for Rielly, it's like Pietrangelo in STL. He's the best defender on the team by a large margin, so we need him controlling even strength minutes. We have other good puck movers to handle the power play.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow loving this team. So fast. Mitch Mariner what a stud. Rem Big Ev putting the bust label on him.
    Freddie looks solid between the pipes. And man NZ is soooo calm & steady. His passes are incredible.
    And of course kudos to Connor Brown also looking very good.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm curious how long this Rielly PP banishment lasts.

Other than the fact he's needed in other situations, does anyone have insight into if his PP game is actually lacking at the NHL level?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    I'm curious how long this Rielly PP banishment lasts.

Other than the fact he's needed in other situations, does anyone have insight into if his PP game is actually lacking at the NHL level?
    It is not lacking. He ran the NA PP if I recall correctly. Babcock is just wanting him to rest when the teams on a PP cause he gets “so much” 5on5 TOI and PK TOI.

It’ll happen especially how badly Gardiners been running the PP1. At the home opener I noticed he got on mid powerplay for about 30seconds. Babcock will get frustrated and give Rielly 26-27minutes instead of this 23 minutes BS.

It could be just that he wants Zeitsev on the PP to get a good look at him and that he’s actually good. And he can’t have Gardiner stapled to the bench all the time. Without that PP time for Gardiner, his 20:25TOI turns to roughly 18/19 I bet.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow the Kadri Matthews Nylander line they tried in training camp looked really good when they played together.

Dobber Sports Titan

Put Rielly on the PP.

#FreeRielly

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Put Rielly on the PP.

#FreeRielly
    I think Gardiner's agent has copyright on this.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think Gardiner's agent has copyright on this.
    This will be me when Rielly starts on the PP1

The Great One

Rielly already did start on the PP last night.

And you could argue which PP unit is our number 1.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Rielly already did start on the PP last night.

And you could argue which PP unit is our number 1.
    Left wing lock says it was Zaitsev and 4F.

I haven’t seen anything where Rielly actually gets PP time outside of the last 10s where he hopes over the boards practically to start the 5on5. Though he has 2.8min this yr on the PP.

The Great One

Rielly's 16th shift of the game came 5:45 into the 2nd period....starting on the PP with Gardiner and the Bozak JVR Marner line

Again, you could argue right now with our first PP.

Is it the unit above? Or the Matthews Nylander Kadri Komarov Zaitsev unit?

We have 2 goals on the PP this year so far. And both of them came from the Matthews unit, yesterday. Both units have looked off so far.

2 goals, 10 opportunities. 0/4 at home, 2/6 away.

Although they are at 20% now, and that is usually top 10, the PP has looked ugly and something that needs work.