Page 134 of 412 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs and Oilers both playing well. The salt coming from the rest of the hockey world is going to be unreal over the next several years. So much fun!

Dobber Sports Titan

i think we see a different Zaitsev while Rielly is out. I think he jumps up more, pushes the pace, and we see more of that end-to-end rush we saw last night.

Gardiner played really well last night too.

- - - Updated - - -

i think we see a different Zaitsev while Rielly is out. I think he jumps up more, pushes the pace, and we see more of that end-to-end rush we saw last night.

Gardiner played really well last night too.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Corrado should get regular playing time finally while Rielly's out as well. I can't see Neilsen/Dermott coming up. 1st year pro... they're going to cook them all season in the AHL and let them continue to adjust.

Neilsen to me just screams potential stud. I love this kid. Dermott the steady as she goes Dman... but Neilsen has some comparables to Weber in terms of production/stats and progress from draft year to draft year +1 & 1st year pro. Some nastiness to his game as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Marincin was 4-6weeks initially when placed on IR Dec19th. Which would make Monday Jan 16th week 4. Wonder how close he is to returning.

I have no tweet/source/evidence but my buddy texted me saying he saw that Rielly walked out without a limp or a brace on after the game. Means really nothing tho.

Dobber Sports Titan

Corrado did not look good last night. He was slow and his reaction was slow, but he made poor decisions, bad passes; just plain overwhelmed.

Dobber Sports Expert

Marincin expected to be in lineup tomorrow.

While I didnt expect Corrado to be a great defenceman, being off so long and having a coach that doesnt really like you, definitely played like he was rusty and tryed to do to much.

Dobber Sports Expert

Looks like Rielly is out until after all star game.

still cant believe Media is speculating on Leafs as being a possible destination of Shattenkirk.

They are desperate for news. wake up and realize Leafs are not diverting from there plan.

Dobber Sports Titan

The issue with Shattenkirk is you fill a hole that has players coming up that could fill it, and then push Gardiner out when his contracts up.
    Shattenkirk-Rielly
    Gardiner-Ziets
    Nielsen-Dermott?

Nielsen would fit the 3rd line role more than Dermott, so you would sign a guy like Polak, or Hunwick (I rather Polak). But if you don’t do a run for Shats, you can have:
    Ziets-Rielly
    Gardiner-Carrick/Marincin/Dermott/whoever they roll in
    Nielsen-Dermott/anyone from Gardiners pair.

I 100% have the sides they play all backwards but the point is they have players coming up that can be top 4 players. If they trade for Shatts I’ll be pissed, why trade for him when you can just toss a contract at him after. But I do believe that contract would spell the end of guys like JvR, and Gardiner for when they are done. JvR is already on the bubble without a big contract to the Leafs name.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue with Shattenkirk is you fill a hole that has players coming up that could fill it, and then push Gardiner out when his contracts up.
    Shattenkirk-Rielly
    Gardiner-Ziets
    Nielsen-Dermott?

Nielsen would fit the 3rd line role more than Dermott, so you would sign a guy like Polak, or Hunwick (I rather Polak). But if you don?t do a run for Shats, you can have:
    Ziets-Rielly
    Gardiner-Carrick/Marincin/Dermott/whoever they roll in
    Nielsen-Dermott/anyone from Gardiners pair.

I 100% have the sides they play all backwards but the point is they have players coming up that can be top 4 players. If they trade for Shatts I?ll be pissed, why trade for him when you can just toss a contract at him after. But I do believe that contract would spell the end of guys like JvR, and Gardiner for when they are done. JvR is already on the bubble without a big contract to the Leafs name.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I see the odds of the Leafs trading for Shattenkirk, zero and less than zero. As good as he is, he's not what their need is. Leafs need a top 4 shut down Dman, that's not Shattenkirk. He's a more offensive version of Gardner & Rielly. While he definitely would give the blue line a boost. The cost of trading for him, for 3mths just won't be worth it.

When a coach says, 'we want to make the playoffs so the kids can get valuable experience and continue to grow' those are not the words of a team looking to make a cup run and bring in rentals to do so. This is a see what we can do with what we got when the games matter the most playoffs. Not a... we think we can win the cup playoffs push.

if they make any trades, it'll either be A. a cheap character 3rd pairing, bottom 6 character 2-way forward. AT MOST.

If they make a deal for a dman, it's going to be for someone under contract moving forward at a decent cap hit. Michael Stone, Lindholm, Vlasic - esque. That's the type of player they will target. Not those players specifically. Vlasic isn't going anywhere... I can see Stone the most likely candidate in terms of leafs targets. He isn't producing like last year, so I expect his value is down, compared to attempting to acquire him last year at this time.

Dobber Sports Expert

kindve like this article

http://www.tsn.ca/talk-of-leafs-hunt...-away-1.657030

- - - Updated - - -

kindve like this article

http://www.tsn.ca/talk-of-leafs-hunt-for-a-no-1-defenceman-won-t-go-away-1.657030

Dobber Sports Jedi

Freddy Andersen, back to back shutouts... 4-0 & 4-0... added an assist.
    1st time since Reimer blanked 2 in a row in 2012.

aaaaaaaaany possible change this is linked to Marincin's return (was 3rd game back)

can't believe I'm still losing GAA & SVPCT cats in my H2H .. Stupid Reimer and his leaky .929 last game bringing me down.

- - - Updated - - -

Freddy Andersen, back to back shutouts... 4-0 & 4-0... added an assist.
    1st time since Reimer blanked 2 in a row in 2012.

aaaaaaaaany possible change this is linked to Marincin's return (was 3rd game back)

can't believe I'm still losing GAA & SVPCT cats in my H2H .. Stupid Reimer and his leaky .929 last game bringing me down.

Dobber Sports Titan

The commentators last night said it was Scriven’s back to back shutouts in like 2013 was the last time a Leaf goalie has gone b2b. But that’s beside the point.

Marincin I can’t get a bead on. He’s either a really smart D who lacks the talent to do what he wants, or a really talented D who lacks the intelligence to pull off what he wants to do. I think he’s a smart D, but a smart D would realize he can’t do some of the plays he tries. I do like him on the Leafs where he’s the D-man that is 5on5, PK2 guy. His role is to get the puck to the forwards during 5on5, nothing else. Very simple game.

- - - Updated - - -

The commentators last night said it was Scriven?s back to back shutouts in like 2013 was the last time a Leaf goalie has gone b2b. But that?s beside the point.

Marincin I can?t get a bead on. He?s either a really smart D who lacks the talent to do what he wants, or a really talented D who lacks the intelligence to pull off what he wants to do. I think he?s a smart D, but a smart D would realize he can?t do some of the plays he tries. I do like him on the Leafs where he?s the D-man that is 5on5, PK2 guy. His role is to get the puck to the forwards during 5on5, nothing else. Very simple game.

The Great One

If his role is to get the forwards the puck he is pretty bad at his role.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    If his role is to get the forwards the puck he is pretty bad at his role.
    Well he isn?t relied on to push the play is what I meant. The guy has been pretty solid defensively without the puck, before the cycle game starts. He still seems lanky, and can?t defend when the play starts into a cycle (like most of the Leafs D).

The plays where he tries a stretch pass, and he?s either just off so it gets picked off, or he would go tape to tape but he?s firing it through 3 people makes me question if he?s smart and untalented, or dumb and talented. I enjoy having Marincin as a filler D-man. You obviously don?t go into the season with that type of player and are 100% sure he?s going to make your team better, but he?s a guy for the cap hit I don?t mind at all.

Dobber Sports Titan

Is it me or is the ice in Philly really bad tonight?