Page 64 of 412 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

The Great One

We QO'ed all our RFA, None should accept.

EDIT: except probably McLaren
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; June 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM.

The Great One

My draft order..

With pick #21. Wennberg (unlikely), Horvat (unlikely), Gauthier, Mantha, Fucale

In that order. But I would be happy with Hartman too. If we don't draft a scorer type forward, I'd be more than happy with Hartman.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; June 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

The Great One

Gauthier. Im very happy.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Gauthier. Im very happy.
    I'm pretty happy with the pick. He was the 4th bpa at the spot imo. I would have preferred Shinkaruk, Compher or Fucale with the pick but I can't complain about it either. He is a big strong center who can skate. So all in all good pick.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Icon

But the 2nd rdr EG....thats what really bugs me.

The Leafs now have at C
    2.Grabovski
    2.Kadri
    3.Bolland
    4.McClement

You gotta believe something is up. I cant see them going into the season with Kadri as a #1 and definitely not Grabby.

The Great One

Yup I agree.

But I also think Grabo at #1 is plan b or c.

Dobber Sports Icon

what do u guys think of stasney at 1 yr of 6.6m?
    Im thinking you wouldnt have to pay much.

The Great One

I've wanted Stastny in Toronto for the last 2 years....I also think he should be 'cheap', but I doubt it he will be traded.

Roy (and probably Sakic) said they have no intentions of trading Stastny. Actually Roy already said what his projected lines will look like come training camp.

O'Reilly Duchene Paranteau
    Landeskog Stastny Tanguay
    McGinn Mackinnon Downie

O'Reilly switching to wing.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Roy (and probably Sakic) said they have no intentions of trading Stastny. Actually Roy already said what his projected lines will look like come training camp.
    This could all be posturing. By actually naming the lines it gives it an air of credibility but isn't that what a smart organization would do?

Nate Mac will not be held back for long as a 3rd line C so something has to give in Colorado if it's this year or next but Stastny is an expendable piece. He should fetch a 2nd pairing d-man and a prospect or pick (2nd rounder). I think Toronto could make this happen but the bigger question is how would they work him in under their cap?

Dobber Sports Monster

Sounds like Bozak is getting an 8 year deal. Seriously?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Sounds like Bozak is getting an 8 year deal. Seriously?

Ya I just created a thread about it. Seems like lots of talk on twitter about this being a possibility..
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I can't see Nonis offering anyone an 8 year contract.

The Great One

If the Leafs 'win' the Lecavalier sweepstakes, I would fully expect Grabo to be bought out.

The timing makes this almost impossible as the deadline for players to be bought out is tomorrow at noon. Vinny can't be officially signed until Friday. I bet the Leafs are pushing hard for a decision before noon tomorrow. A simple yes or no from Lecavalier please.

I fully expect Komisarek to be bought out by noon tomorrow also.

Leafs current lineup, I have 5M in cap space for two 3rd line wingers (Gunnarsson, Franson, Kadri, Bernier getting nice raises....Do you agree with those figures?)

http://www.capgeek.com/mapleleafs/cap-calculator/

Here's a question.

Vinny is rumoured to be signing a 5x5 contract. Grabo is owed 5.5M for another 4 years. Wouldn't you offer Lecavalier that exact contract (and give him the extra year he wants) and then use a compliance buy out on Grabo? Essentially swapping Grabo for Vinny. Bolland and Kadri down the middle with McClement and Colborne too. That would be the best our depth at center has looked like since the Sundin trade.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    As if rumours of an 8 year deal aren't bad enough, there are now opinions surfacing that Toronto might buy out Grabo to make room for signing Bozak. If that happens, I will be completely speechless. That would be so incredibly ridiculous. So much so, that I think I would start praying for a JFJ return.
    PLEASE tell me this is a wind-up?!? I have to give Nonis more credit than this....not going to happen but if it does I'm going to have a very hard time moving forward as a Leafs fan.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    PLEASE tell me this is a wind-up?!? I have to give Nonis more credit than this....not going to happen but if it does I'm going to have a very hard time moving forward as a Leafs fan.

This can not happen Garbovski is more valuable then Bozak. If this happens it will cripple us for years to come. We are just getting on the right track and this would be devastating.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.