Page 61 of 412 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What the hell is wrong with Joe Bowen tonight!? He's gotten like 5 names wrong....
    Its become a regular occurrence these days ...... Sometimes I think the leafs commentators are awful, but then I watch some American small market broadcasters and I realize it could be worse. He should not be mixing up Kessel and JVR when they shoot different ways and look totally different on the ice.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    can someone please give me some insight into frattin? why does he keep getting benched these days or is he hurt that i dont know about? i traded selanne for him at the deadline mainly to get younger but figured he still had a chance to match close to what selanne could do. but him being benched is not really helping me much. i thought he was supposed to be a must get guy.
    He was on Grabo's (defensive) line for a while, and didn't exactly stand out. He is a sniper, and his shots just weren't going in.

He is a victim of circumstance with the wingers in TO. He'll get a chance to prove himself again.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    can someone please give me some insight into frattin? why does he keep getting benched these days or is he hurt that i dont know about? i traded selanne for him at the deadline mainly to get younger but figured he still had a chance to match close to what selanne could do. but him being benched is not really helping me much. i thought he was supposed to be a must get guy.
    If you traded Selanne expecting similar numbers from Frattin your probably not going to get it. He will be a very solid 3d liner with the ability to go on some good scoring sprees. He is not going to be a consistent top 6 guy ever I don't think. He was getting a little over hyped a bit.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Pro

great game by reimer tonight!
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

The Great One

Gotta love Scotiabank Place; Home away from home.

Dobber Sports Stud

And we're back.

Playoffs.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Genius

Now all the Leafs fans can shut their whiny mouths for awhile. I just hope the bitching stops. Congrats on getting in finally.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Now all the Leafs fans can shut their whiny mouths for awhile. I just hope the bitching stops. Congrats on getting in finally.
    What the...
    12-team, H2H, Keep 4. Categories: G,A,+/-,PPG,PPP,Hits,PIM,W,Sv,Sv%,GAA
    C: Kopitar, M. Koivu, Oshie (C)
    LW: Zuccarello, , Elias (C), Duchene (C)
    RW: Iginla, Pominville, Ovechkin
    D: Karlsson, Chara, Doughty
    G: Crawford, Halak, Bryzgalov
    Farm: Kuemper, MacKinnon, Lehner, Schwartz, Nyquist

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Kadri+Lupul+Kessel=Lethal

What a line, love the way Carlyle rewarded Kadri in the Leafs second last game of the year. Will be interesting to see if they play together against Montreal on Saturday.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post

The Great One

The Leafs success will depend on how Kadri does in the faceoff circle. He will be matched against Bergeron who is best in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if McClement started off taking the faceoffs.

In three games against Boston this year, Kadri is 10-27, or 38%. This will make or break us in the playoffs I think.

Dobber Sports Icon

BOS vs TOR, early in OT Dion steps up and misses his check on Krejci. Krejci slowly skates through the circle and shoots an unimpeded, unscreened and unchallenged wrist shot from the bottom of the circle RIGHT THRU Reimer for the win, and DPhan is taking the heat for that one?

Reimer should have had that and he knows it. it went thru him for crying out loud! your goalie has to have that IMO.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    BOS vs TOR, early in OT Dion steps up and misses his check on Krejci. Krejci slowly skates through the circle and shoots an unimpeded, unscreened and unchallenged wrist shot from the bottom of the circle RIGHT THRU Reimer for the win, and DPhan is taking the heat for that one?

Reimer should have had that and he knows it. it went thru him for crying out loud! your goalie has to have that IMO.
    Yes Reimer should have had that but my beef is with O'Byrne on that play. Kessel busted his ass to get back and take away the pass and does O'Byrne step up and take away Krejci's shot or at least contest it? Nope he just keeps backing in and lets Krejci have an uncontested wrister from 12 feet on hi off-wing. Horrible defensive zone coverage.

O'Byrne is a liability in his own end and while I originally though it was smart to pick him up to play with Liles since they were partners in Colorado, I now think it was a horrible move, the guy is pretty much a plug.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post

Sure Reimer should have had that, but that was an absolutely bone-headed play by Phaneuf to pinch like that with the risks involved. It would be bone-headed for a rookie, let alone an 8-year vet and TEAM CAPTAIN.

So, yes, DPhan is taking the heat for that one, and justifiably. The fact that Reimer and O'Byrne didn't do their jobs doesn't excuse Phaneuf's horrid gaffe, they wouldn't have been in that position if Phaneuf does the right thing and backs off at the blueline.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Yes Reimer should have had that but my beef is with O'Byrne on that play. Kessel busted his ass to get back and take away the pass and does O'Byrne step up and take away Krejci's shot or at least contest it? Nope he just keeps backing in and lets Krejci have an uncontested wrister from 12 feet on hi off-wing. Horrible defensive zone coverage.

O'Byrne is a liability in his own end and while I originally though it was smart to pick him up to play with Liles since they were partners in Colorado, I now think it was a horrible move, the guy is pretty much a plug.

With that huge body, O'Byrne could have easily decided to hit the ice and impede both the shot and the pass across the slot, once Krejci hit the bottom of the circle. Most top-notch Dmen would have done exactly that. Sure Krejci still could have gotten a shot off above OB's body (although that would be tough) and he might have made a great move putting on the brakes and letting OB slide by, but he'd have a more difficult move to execute in both cases.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper