Page 83 of 412 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Drew Macintyre please
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

This guy is so bad!!! It is embarrassing. I have seen a star fish on his back and crawling around on all 4's. Toronto misses the playoffs 100% if Bernier is not back soon.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Reiner is not the problem

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Where is the D? How can you Leafs fans blame Reimer when he gets hung out to dry all the damn time?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Reiner is not the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Where is the D? How can you Leafs fans blame Reimer when he gets hung out to dry all the damn time?
    Did you guys watch the game last night? I'm not asking to be condescending but just wondering. I know you watched the game Dak against Detroit and he was pretty bad in that game as well. The first goal was scored from the blue line and was traveling about 30mph on the ice. He is almost standing inside the net. My 11 year old cousin who is a goalie has better angle management than him. The second goal (go look at it again) it was blamed on the D. The puck hits him directly in the glove about 20 seconds before the goal and he drops it. His fault 100%. They are killing a penalty at the time he needs to glove that shot period. The third goal is not entirely his fault but his stick is not positioned properly and go's right threw the 5 hole. 4th goal horrible direction of a rebound. 5th goal not his fault, had no chance, blown call by the ref's. His GAA is 3.30 he has a SV% south of .890 if you take out the first month of the season and has yet to win on home ice this year. His record is 11-11 but should in all actuality be 11-15. Bernier has replaced him in 4 games when trailing by 2 or 3 goals and brought them to O.T and got the loss or the win in those games. I know as well as anyone how bad the D is on this team. It's actually not as bad as one might think. Almost our entire top 9 is incapable of playing in there own end. Bernier play's behind the same D and forwards. Reimer is the biggest problem there is right now. We outplayed T.B last night which is a rarity for us but a weak goal in the first 5min and a weak goal right after we had taken the lead ended the game right there. He is just not good at all. He has fantastic reflexes but can't track the puck and the is technically not sound at all. You can believe me if you want but he will not be in the NHL in 3-4 years.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

From my buddy's FB page a huge Reimer fan he is!

grammar Nazi
    Noun

The Great One

Dropped catches leading to goals is ridiculous.

Reimer can't control the flow of the game like Bernier does. Many times the Leafs have been hemmed in their own zone but unlike Reimer, Bernier will kick out the rebounds to the corners or out of play. He will also stop the play 10x more so than Reimer.

The team obviously feels more confident with Bernier in net. He is the better goalie by a wide margin. I didn't catch all of the TB game yesterday but with Bernier in net against Washington and Detroit we would have came away with at least two points.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Leafs defense is porous no doubt, but that doesn't change the fact that Reimer has been absolutely terrible since the break.

Dobber Sports Sage

SMFH 8min into the game and it's over! drew macintyre now!!!!!

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Novice

Question is how many points are they going to need in the next 10 games? 6-3-1 =13 points I would say.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I think Reimer has either been concussed since the Kings game, or he's just completely lost his confidence.
    Tonight's loss is pretty much entirely on him. At least 2, probably 3 of those goals need to be stopped.
    Nonetheless, I am not writing off the goalie that carried them to the playoffs last year. They have thrown him under the bus and are doing their best to ruin him. Short sighted fans are throwing him under the bus too.
    But he's still a capable starter, and Bernier is not better than him by a wide margin. Better than him right now, absolutely.

I am hardly a short sighted fan I have said these exact same things about Reimer since the first time I saw him play. Bernier is and always will be a million times better in every aspect of the position. There is absolutely nothing period to suggest otherwise. Sorry my friend but your fighting against reality here. What from a mechanics standpoint does Reimer do well? Absolutely nothing. His GAA 4 since January first that is unheard of bad over such a stretch. I'm not a huge fan of that stat but that is mind blowing bad!

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

GAA is a useless stat.

This team (if they make it) is going to get destroyed in the playoffs. And Reimer won't be in net for you to blame.
    I thank god for that and Bernier might be able to steal us a round if we make the playoffs. What doe's he do well? Doe's he take good angles? Doe's he have a good glove? is his rebound control good? Doe's he play the puck well? Doe's he track the puck well? There is nothing he doe's that can even be argued as above average so I don't get it. He is a nicer than average guy and has a nice smile I guess

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

What he does well is stop pucks. When he's on. His career save %, and his .924 last season is enough proof of that.
    Whatever you're "seeing" simply isn't supported by the statistical evidence to date (statistics that he's achieved on a below average defensive team his entire career so far).
    He is now regressing to were he belongs in terms of SV% two good 33 game season with a crap one in between and now another crap one doe's not make you a good goalie my friend. Jim Carey, ANDREW RAYCROFT and a whole bunch of others have done fine over a 100 game span. Some times when the SS is not big enough you need to trust your eyes more than the stats. You can not name 1 area of his actual play were he even looks less than ridiculously bad.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

The Great One

He's lost confidence for sure. He's a very likeable guy and you want him to succeed somewhere. Always smiling. I feel bad for him for sure. Saying that though, Bernier is a better goalie in every aspect.

I don't get how you don't see that EMG.

Throw the stats, personalities and history of each goalie out the window. You don't see a difference in the goalies? Go back EVEN to the point when Reimer was on his game. Even when he took us to the playoffs last year.

Like BBB said, there is not one attribute where I think Reimer is better than Bernier.

I didn't even watch the game yesterday was working the TFC home opener.......(2-0 baby! Defoe!!)....but got bombarded with texts regarding Reims.

Hopefully he can turn this around because we need him!

The Great One

Just watched the game in six. Thought the goals he allowed would have been worse.