Page 73 of 414 FirstFirst ... 23 63 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Immortal

LOL....1.5 games. Can't say he's a #1 tender yet.

Leafs should have won in OT but Raymond's shootout goal should not have counted.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    LOL....1.5 games. Can't say he's a #1 tender yet.

Leafs should have won in OT but Raymond's shootout goal should not have counted.
    That really was a bush league move.

I'm fine with the shoot out in the regualar season for entertainment purposes, but the NHL really needs to get rid of these gong show moves...

If the 2nd line keeps clicking, could Clarkson find himself on the third line when he comes back?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    He keeps this up all season he wins the Vezina.
    I took him for the Vezina in the outlandish predictions thread. You just have to watch this kids mechanics for 5minutes to see that he has elite potential...

The fight is well over as I predicted since the second we made the trade, Bernier is the starter here and will be for the next decade. It only took a 160 mor minutes then I expected.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I took him for the Vezina in the outlandish predictions thread. You just have to watch this kids mechanics for 5minutes to see that he has elite potential...

The fight is well over as I predicted since the second we made the trade, Bernier is the starter here and will be for the next decade. It only took a 160 mor minutes then I expected.
    yep watching him helps you to clearly see Reimers deficencies and why Nonis went after him.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm fine with the shoot out in the regualar season for entertainment purposes, but the NHL really needs to get rid of these gong show moves...
    You said exactly why the gong show moves aren't going anywhere...entertainment. Those moves are why people like it(I hate it). If you start removing the excitement, it's useless. Wristshots from the hashmarks all the time just isn't that exciting.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

The Great One

i remember people saying trading for bernier was not needed, or a 'waste of cap space'.......shameful thinking about it

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    You said exactly why the gong show moves aren't going anywhere...entertainment. Those moves are why people like it(I hate it). If you start removing the excitement, it's useless. Wristshots from the hashmarks all the time just isn't that exciting.
    They cant remove it. The players voted to allow it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Bernier is SICK!!!! That is all.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Bernier is SICK!!!! That is all.
    Agree. Rinne has been great too.

Dobber Sports Icon

Nasty hit by Fisher on Franson.
    Carl Gunnerson gets a penalty shot.

3-0 on the road now.

Nice.

The Great One

An outside chance at Canada's #3 is not out of the question.

The Great One

Im pretty sure they could have afforded both Grabovski and Bernier. I don't think signing Bernier forced them to buyout Grabo. Actually, I know signing Bernier didn't force them to buy out Grabo.

Also, retaining salary for one year to attain Bernier? Yes please. Short sighted are we?

From someone who hated the trade and thought Bernier wasn't an upgrade to Reimer I'm just glad you see the differences in the goalies now.

I'm not going to actually post the differences. You can probably find lots of articles discussing this topic. You shouldn't even need to read them, simply watching a game will suffice.

The best part is this is the goalie some fans knew we were acquiring. This is the goalie all the hockey minds in the league were raving about. This is the goalie to get excited about. I haven't said that in a long time. And it feels good.

We've been through some rough patches with this team and have been disappointed many times but sometimes things in LeafNation are good. A smile wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; October 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

The Great One

Carlyle isn't the kind of coach to tip his hand on his goalies and I wouldn't be shocked to see Reimer start against Edmonton on Saturday. Actually, I'm expecting it.

From Friedman's 30 thoughts 10 days ago.

17. One former Duck smiled when he heard Randy Carlyle planned to give James Reimer and Jonathan Bernier one game each in Toronto's back-to-back that opens the season. Apparently, that is a basic move in Carlyle's playbook. "He is starting the competition right away. He will make his goaltending decisions with only one interest in mind: who he thinks gives him the best chance to win."

18. Carlyle does, however, like playing more than one guy. Only once in his coaching career has a goalie played 60 games -- Jean-Sebastien Giguere in Carlyle's first Anaheim season. Also, there would be occasions where the starter would not find out until the morning of the game.

The Great One

I can't disagree with that. However, I would think Carlyle wants to give Reimer a chance to answer the bell.

Career stats vs Edmonton:
    Bernier: 2-0-0, 1.00GAA, .966%
    Reimer: 2-0-0, 2.97GAA, .903%

All signs point to a Bernier start, but if Carlyle really wants to fuel the competition I can see why he would start Reimer.

Scenarios:

A Reimer start could piss off Bernier since he thinks he deserves a consecutive start.
    If Reimer plays incredible it would force both goalies to continue their great play.
    If Reimer falters I think Bernier would be given the unofficial starters position.

If Bernier plays like he has been, it will be crystal clear he is the unofficial starting goalie and does Carlyle want that this early? Does Carlyle give a shit and just want to win? Does he start Bernier because he is more of an unknown to Eakins than his old goalie Reimer? Is Reimer getting the start on Tuesday anyway? Am I over thinking it?

Career stats vs Minnesota on Tuesday:
    Bernier: 3-1-2, 1.13GAA .953%, 3SO
    Reimer: 1-0-0, 0GAA, 1.000%, 1SO

A Bernier start on Saturday should give Reimer the net on Tuesday. Reimer has only faced Minny one time in 2010-11 and posted a SO. Bernier has faced Minny 6 times in the last 3 years(twice a year) and posted a SO every year.

After writing this post and really digging into the numbers I have changed my mind and would also be surprised if Bernier doesn't start on Saturday.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; October 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Bernier made my night last night....that is all