Page 155 of 412 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 165 205 255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Then hopefully they can snag another Zaitsev.

Report: Leafs show interest in Russian defenceman Igor Ozhiganov

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...gor-ozhiganov/

"According to a report out of Russia, Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock and GM Lou Lamoriello recently made a trip to the country at least in part to meet with 24-year-old Igor Ozhiganov.

Sportsnet confirmed with the Maple Leafs that Babcock and Lamoriello were in Russia recently, but the team gave no details on the trip or who they were there to see.

Ozhiganov, a 6-foot-2, 214-pound defenceman, was never drafted to the NHL and has spent the past two seasons with CSKA Moscow. He scored 22 points in 50 games in 2016-17 to establish a career high in Russia?s top league.

Under contract with CSKA for one more season, Ozhiganov wouldn?t be able to join an NHL team until the 2018-19 season. It?s worth noting that this would be a similar situation to when the Leafs brought Nikita Zaitsev over from Russia for his age 25 season. Reports of the team?s interest in him started to come out while Zaitsev was still under contract in Russia.

Zaitsev and Ozhiganov were teammates with CSKA for the 2015-16 season."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Most good teams build from the backend out. Not the front to back. D and G take longer to develop so you need them around as you rebuild. Right now the Leafs, don't have much for D coming down the pipe anytime soon.
    Dermott should at least make spot appearances this year, if he doesn't just snap heads and steal a spot right from camp (I lean more to the former for this year) and I keep turning back to Greenway as a sleeper to make the team in 2018/19. Huge stay at home guy - admittedly he'd have to leave NCAA, but I think he's close if he chooses to leave.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Then hopefully they can snag another Zaitsev.

Report: Leafs show interest in Russian defenceman Igor Ozhiganov

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...gor-ozhiganov/

"According to a report out of Russia, Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock and GM Lou Lamoriello recently made a trip to the country at least in part to meet with 24-year-old Igor Ozhiganov.

Sportsnet confirmed with the Maple Leafs that Babcock and Lamoriello were in Russia recently, but the team gave no details on the trip or who they were there to see.

Ozhiganov, a 6-foot-2, 214-pound defenceman, was never drafted to the NHL and has spent the past two seasons with CSKA Moscow. He scored 22 points in 50 games in 2016-17 to establish a career high in Russia?s top league.

Under contract with CSKA for one more season, Ozhiganov wouldn?t be able to join an NHL team until the 2018-19 season. It?s worth noting that this would be a similar situation to when the Leafs brought Nikita Zaitsev over from Russia for his age 25 season. Reports of the team?s interest in him started to come out while Zaitsev was still under contract in Russia.

Zaitsev and Ozhiganov were teammates with CSKA for the 2015-16 season."
    This is interesting... not the least bit surprised based on their scouting/signings over the past two years.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Scotiabank Arena the new ACC?

For another 20 years after next year. Gonna be a weird adjustment.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Scotiabank Arena the new ACC?

For another 20 years after next year. Gonna be a weird adjustment.
    Particularly as that was the name of the Sens rink until Canadian Tire took over. Here's a call NOT to call it "The Bank" like they did in Ottawa (but we will I'm sure)
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

The Great One

The sens home stadium was called Scotiabank place....I highly doubt the nickname will be "the bank".

Dobber Sports Titan

It's weird for me personally as my dad was part of an HVAC company that did the duct work for the ACC. Same was with the SkyDome and I haven't made that adjustment yet so I don't think I will.

Going to be interesting what they do with the big Air Canada Leaf in the scoreboard.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

My opinion?

**** the ACC. Closest we got to the cup was the East finals vs Carolina in this building, right?

Scotiabank Arena is going to host some pretty awesome playoff hockey in the next few years! How smart are they going to look when Matthews lifts the cup and theres a Scotiabank Arena logo in the background?!

Dobber Sports Expert

Are you pumped for tonight's game? On Leafs TV and streamed on NHL.com

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/...er/c-290781442

Dobber Sports Expert

Well a much better performance today then Friday where I the whole team aside from Grundstrom was very flat. Bracco had his moments. Gordeev the man beast was the only defenceman that really showed up. Lily & Nielson had horrible games.
    Today for at least the first 2 periods was a totally different leaf team. Lily was showed why many thought he was a steal for the Leafs. Dermots is a real deal. Very calm and mature out there. Gordeev had a very good game (still so raw though). For such a big man he's solid on his skates. I know it was only 2 games but Nielson was very underwhelming. Shout out to our 2 new Swedish defenders Rosen & Hoborg. Quietly had very solid games today.
    As for FWDs Grundstrom was clearly the Leafs best player this weekend. Could turn out to be a very good bottom 6 player. Bracco again had his moments but very inconsistent.
    Also liked McGregor. Does all the little things. Smart player who always seems to be ahead of the game.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Well a much better performance today then Friday where I the whole team aside from Grundstrom was very flat. Bracco had his moments. Gordeev the man beast was the only defenceman that really showed up. Lily & Nielson had horrible games.
    Today for at least the first 2 periods was a totally different leaf team. Lily was showed why many thought he was a steal for the Leafs. Dermots is a real deal. Very calm and mature out there. Gordeev had a very good game (still so raw though). For such a big man he's solid on his skates. I know it was only 2 games but Nielson was very underwhelming. Shout out to our 2 new Swedish defenders Rosen & Hoborg. Quietly had very solid games today.
    As for FWDs Grundstrom was clearly the Leafs best player this weekend. Could turn out to be a very good bottom 6 player. Bracco again had his moments but very inconsistent.
    Also liked McGregor. Does all the little things. Smart player who always seems to be ahead of the game.
    "Dermots is a real deal. Very calm and mature out there" - They used to say this about Stu Percy. How does Dermot compare?
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    wow, Steve Simmons finally wrote something...
    um...

good.

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hocke...he-stanley-cup
    If there's one thing the Leafs are good at it's producing false hope....

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Goatlender View Post
    If there's one thing the Leafs are good at it's producing false hope....
    Eyes rolling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    wow, Steve Simmons finally wrote something...
    um...

good.

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hocke...he-stanley-cup
    Nice read thanks for sharing EG

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    "Dermots is a real deal. Very calm and mature out there" - They used to say this about Stu Percy. How does Dermot compare?
    Well Dermot is more of a 2way def. Percy was more stay @ home.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Leafs training camp news and notes - Day 1 in Niagara Falls:
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-...alls/120/87402

"..Observations on Day 1:

Leafs head coach Mike Babcock opted for continuity with the line combinations for those who are locks to make up the three lines.

The top unit of Zach Hyman, Auston Matthews and William Nylander remained intact, as well as the James van Riemsdyk, Tyler Bozak and Mitch Marner line, while veteran winger Patrick Marleau (who celebrated his 38th birthday on Friday) played with Frederik Gauthier (who subbed in for Nazem Kadri) and Leo Komarov.

Komarov, who patrolled the left side with Kadri all of last season, shifted to right wing on Friday to make room for Marleau.

?Not a problem at all (to play the right side).? Komarov said. ?A couple years ago, I played right (wing) and last year left, it?s what the coaches want me to do. I used to play center when I was younger too, so I don?t think it is going to be a problem.?

Fourth liner Matt Martin skated with former KHLer Miro Altonen and Connor Brown and scored the opening goal in a 3-0 victory for Team White over Team Blue. Rookie Carl Grundstrom and Mitch Marner scored the other goals.

Kadri and defenseman Nikita Zaitsev were the only players absent from workouts on Friday. Babcock indicated that Kadri?s injury was ?nothing? and that the center would be on the ice on Saturday, while Zaitsev may miss another day or two with a non-serious injury.

Defenseman Roman Polak participated in drills, but did not feel ready to play in the scrimmage on the first day. The 31-year-old blueliner was cleared medically on Thursday after travelling over from the Czech Republic and is focusing on getting in game shape. ..."