Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: San Jose Sharks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: San Jose Sharks

I'd have interest in Kadri and Phaneuf. If they could land both somehow, that would be a good way to go. Tampa is an interesting idea. I could see them throwing in Callahan in the deal as I know the Sharks were in the hunt to land him at the deadline. He is the kind of player they could use ever since they lost Clowe.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

So the Sharks signed Taylor Fedun... likely just depth for the Worcester Sharks.

Anyway, after seeing some of the moves made today, I'm actually quite happy with what the Sharks have done. They haven't gone out and made a bad trade. They shipped off Stuart and got rid of his slow legs and his above 3 mil cap hit.

The Sharks, according to Capgeek rank 21st in salary right now. They have 18 players signed. 15 million left in space.

They have plenty of room to wiggle here. They'll resign Dembers and Wingels for sure and I don't think that will cost much.

So that leaves a couple areas of need. I'd still like to see them bolster their defense somehow. They need another top pairing type, or middle pairing guy.

Guys I think they should seek that are still available and probably for not too too much, would be Steve Ott (versatile), Brian Boyle (huge and would be great to have against teams like Anaheim and LA), and maybe Steve Downie (if he could stay healthy).
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

The Magnificent One

looking at the moves made and not made what does the blueline look like for next year? who runs the PP, who becomes the go to guy with boyle no longer there.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Burns is moving back to defence. He'll get the first crack at PP1 I imagine.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    looking at the moves made and not made what does the blueline look like for next year? who runs the PP, who becomes the go to guy with boyle no longer there.
    Demers along with Burns should be the go to guys but I wont be surprised to see Matt Irwin get a big boost this year.

Another guy who may make a bit of a splash if he gets a shot is newly signed Taylor Fedun. Now I am not saying he will be running PP1, but he could be a nice little sleeper this year there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

According to rollingstone, this could be the year the Sharks meet their potential. Rollingstone? I know, but it's a pretty interesting read nonetheless.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...eally-20141022

Dobber Sports Monster

"@DownGoesBrown
    Sharks have now lost to the Oilers, Coyotes, Blue Jackets (x2), Panthers (x2), and Sabres (x2). They’re 14-4-2 against the rest of the NHL."

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    "@DownGoesBrown
    Sharks have now lost to the Oilers, Coyotes, Blue Jackets (x2), Panthers (x2), and Sabres (x2). They’re 14-4-2 against the rest of the NHL."
    I won't hold this loss against the Sharks... 2nd half of a back to back on the road, 3rd game in 4 nights against a well rested Oilers team.

The Oilers last played on the 3rd.
    Sharks played 4th, 6th, and now the 7th... and frankly I don't think the Flames were a relaxing opponent yesterday.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

Sharks have won 7 of their last 8. Their PK has been around 90% since waiving useless Burish, and Dillon and Burns are finding chemistry.

Dobber Sports Stud

Couture review:
    49 GP / 18 Goals / 25 Assists / 43 Points / 15 PPPoints / Plus-4 / 6PIM / 154 SOG / 11.7 Sh% / 19:09 TOI
    Advanced Stats:
    Corsi-On 3.52 / Corsi Rel. 1.1 / On-Ice Sh% 8.90 / PDO 1005 / OZ Start% 53.6 - OZFinish% 49.7
    He is on pace to shatter his career high in points this season, trailing only Pavelski for the team lead, the old guard is slowly fading away. He has 14 points in his last 12 GP, five goals, and nine assists. A good indication of a forwards value is how often he shoots, and Couture has had 36 shots on net, in the last month 3.00 per game.
    Now the major draw-back of owning him is Thornton and Marleau are still on the team and stealing potential offensive 5vs5 minutes. He currently receives 3:22 PP-TOI per game which is at the elite forward level territory Giroux, Voracek, Malkin, and Jamie Benn are all in that area. He is third on San Jose behind Marleau and Brent Burns.

20.6% COUTURE,L - MARLEAU,P - NIETO,M

Will be his probable line-mates while his usual winger Wingels is injured Nieto is no slouch and he has shown better point production since the upgrade they spent 15.2 % in the recent game together. Pick up Nieto while he is still cheap; he will be great if he can stick with Couture for the remainder of the season!
    Couture is mister consistent scoring at a 0.83PntsPG% pace in the first quarter, followed it up with a 0.89PntsPG%. His current points–per-game is 1.00% which is great for owners; who are banking on a second half surge.
    Now to look at his power-play distribution and production:
    Lines: this was the only notable line for the man-advantage Couture is with tremendous skill and will continue raking up power-play points as long as he doesn’t get bumped from that line which is doutful.

78.6% COUTURE,L - MARLEAU,P - PAVELSKI,J - THORNTON,J

Power-play Points: scoring 12 with the usual suspects is no surprise, he will however start taking control of more of the points on the power-play once Thornton is shipped out; he is more than capable of stepping up and replacing his skills and offense.

12 80% COUTURE,L - MARLEAU,P - PAVELSKI,J - THORNTON,J

I am expecting him to increase his current points pace of 71 and finish somewhere near the 80’s, with nearly 40 goals. San Jose are better than they have in the first half and his On-Ice shooting percentage seems low for one on the ice with such highly skilled players, his luck has got to turn around soon.

what do San Jose fans think of Couture, will he be an adequate replacement for Marleau when the time comes?
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Genius

To answer your question, he'll fill the role just fine. Will he be as good as Marleau in his prime? I don't think so as he was a beast. Truly was. Couture is very good, though. He has been one of the voices in the room that's tired of the old guard and I think he's been getting screwed a little because of it. I think we could see his role expand with a new coach as they'll want him to shine more.

So on to the off-season. Sorry about being gone so much. Way to much going on in my life with a new job (vacation now) and personal stuff at home. Anyway, the Sharks have stated they will not bring back John Scott or Scott Hannan. Can I get an amen? Now I'm trying to not get too excited about this as Doug Wilson has shown a weird propensity for signing low level players during free agency. However, I do think they could go after some good D like Green, which would be pretty cool. Then again, as a Burns owner in fantasy, that kind of scares me. Where does that leave Burns on the PP? But imagine Green paired with Vlasic. That's a great combo.

Do we see Marleau or Thornton have a change of heart and leave for a chance to win a cup with someone else? I haven't heard anything and this is pure speculation, but I'm curious if missing the playoffs makes them think about it. Problem for Marleau is his wife is from the Bay Area and Thornton's might be too... not sure on that one. So that plays a factor as we remember with the Chris Pronger debacle from days past. Still makes me laugh to this day. If I had a choice, I'd love to see the Sharks move Marleau. He declined a ton as his role is changing. Thornton is still a great playmaker as well as Marleau. I think I see more fire in Thornton and I think he has something to prove going into next season. We'll see.

Curious as to how the lines shake out next year, but with someone like Goldobin maybe ready to come in next year, and with the other guys signed, something feels like its got to change. It's a very curious situation this year and last year was the promise of change and the change we got was all negative. Signed bad players, missed the playoffs, in house drama, etc. etc. etc. Maybe DW learned something this year, but what we learned as fans is that Plattner loves DW. So if we're going to win a cup, right now it's with him as I don't see Plattner making any changes anytime soon.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    To answer your question, he'll fill the role just fine. Will he be as good as Marleau in his prime? I don't think so as he was a beast. Truly was. Couture is very good, though. He has been one of the voices in the room that's tired of the old guard and I think he's been getting screwed a little because of it. I think we could see his role expand with a new coach as they'll want him to shine more.

So on to the off-season. Sorry about being gone so much. Way to much going on in my life with a new job (vacation now) and personal stuff at home. Anyway, the Sharks have stated they will not bring back John Scott or Scott Hannan. Can I get an amen? Now I'm trying to not get too excited about this as Doug Wilson has shown a weird propensity for signing low level players during free agency. However, I do think they could go after some good D like Green, which would be pretty cool. Then again, as a Burns owner in fantasy, that kind of scares me. Where does that leave Burns on the PP? But imagine Green paired with Vlasic. That's a great combo.

Do we see Marleau or Thornton have a change of heart and leave for a chance to win a cup with someone else? I haven't heard anything and this is pure speculation, but I'm curious if missing the playoffs makes them think about it. Problem for Marleau is his wife is from the Bay Area and Thornton's might be too... not sure on that one. So that plays a factor as we remember with the Chris Pronger debacle from days past. Still makes me laugh to this day. If I had a choice, I'd love to see the Sharks move Marleau. He declined a ton as his role is changing. Thornton is still a great playmaker as well as Marleau. I think I see more fire in Thornton and I think he has something to prove going into next season. We'll see.

Curious as to how the lines shake out next year, but with someone like Goldobin maybe ready to come in next year, and with the other guys signed, something feels like its got to change. It's a very curious situation this year and last year was the promise of change and the change we got was all negative. Signed bad players, missed the playoffs, in house drama, etc. etc. etc. Maybe DW learned something this year, but what we learned as fans is that Plattner loves DW. So if we're going to win a cup, right now it's with him as I don't see Plattner making any changes anytime soon.
    What are your thoughts on Chris Tierney? He had one of the biggest Pts/60minutes on the Sharks last season. Think he can become a top6 option? What about his fantasy upside?
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Genius

I've pretty much made him as a mini Pavelski 2.0 in my head. He's smart, and if he continues to read the game and develop more, I could see him as a 2nd line guy, but right now I see him as 3rd line going into next season. With injuries being possible if he really got a shot with good line mates he really could do some damage. Kind of wish I hadn't traded him in my salary cap league. I didn't get to watch enough games last year due to gamecenter blackouts, but I'm still trying to figure out how he is on Faceoffs. He was on pace for about 300 over a full season on bottom line duties. But we have to remember that Thornton, Couture are the top two centers and then Marleau and Pavelski have strong cases for filling in as a top 2 C when not on the wings. So it's not like he's got much of a chance to crack that unless Thornton is traded, which I don't see happening.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    What are your thoughts on Chris Tierney? He had one of the biggest Pts/60minutes on the Sharks last season. Think he can become a top6 option? What about his fantasy upside?
    Is Tierney going to end up as a 60 point max guy?? Who else do they have coming up the pipeline for the future??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

They have Goldobin coming up soon. Melker Karlsson was a big surprise and I think he'll end up being a fun to watch/good 3rd or 4th liner type that's great in future playoff scenarios. He loves to crash the net.

Will Tierney hit 60 points? Perhaps in his prime, but I don't see that, just yet. I say 50 points is a probable average for him. He's just to dang smart and he'll get SH time because of it.

RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP

G-Holtby, Halak