Thread: Running 2 teams

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Running 2 teams

Just wondering what people think about 1 owner running 2 teams, but not allowed to trade between the 2 teams. Does this present any problems. The new team would be an expansion team at the end of this season making it a 21 team cash league.

Thoughts
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Administrator

There's still potential for conflicts of interest with some add/drops as well as with drafting. I personally wouldn't allow this at all. It's one thing for the commissioner to take over control of a team after a manager quits but this is an expansion team. I don't see any reason to give one manager two teams when you don't even have to create that new team.

If you and your leaguemates are all fine with it then sure it's cool but I'd honestly need to have a unanimous vote in favour of it to allow the manager a second team.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

IM with MD here I dont see th point in expanding just so a manager can have a second team, seems kind of ridiculous to me. And MD also brings up a good point that with add/drops and draft picks he could still generate an unfair advantage. If you guys have a waiver period/priority it could alleviate some of the drop/add concerns but I still dont see the motivation for doing this.

Dobber Sports Initiate

the GM just wants to run another team and start from scratch to see if he can make it a contender. I am the commish and agree with you guys and think that it presents concerns with adds/drops and waivers, I am not going to allow it, and if the GM wants to trade all his stars for rookies then he can see if he can make that into a contender. The GM in question won last year and is winning again this year so far, so i think he doesnt want to give that up....and why would you ... thanks for the advice.
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    If you and your leaguemates are all fine with it then sure it's cool but I'd honestly need to have a unanimous vote in favour of it to allow the manager a second team.
    I agree with both metal and wendel, as long as everyone knows what is going on and they are unanimous then they can monitor all the transactions and call bullshit where necessary.

Ideally, my preference would be NOT to allow one guy to own two teams in one league and with 20 teams, do you really NEED another team? I get that this guy wants to prove he can build a winner from an expansion team, so I'm willing to cut him some slack for bringing this to the table. He should probably do this in another league though.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket