Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Retired - Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

On one side we hear that Edmonton his shopping Gagner for a puck moving D, on the other side we have people in Carolina asking why McBain and Murphy are benched. Could we have a match?
    16 teams, 14 keepers, weekly HTH, 13 F, 6 D and 2 G.
    $100 million salary cap based on NHL real salary.
    G/A: 1 pt W: 2pt

F : Duchene, D Sedin, Spezza, Hudler, E Kane, Pominville, Plekanec, Zuccarello, Koivu, Macarthur, Cammalleri, Nelson, Rakell, Spooner, Etem
    D : Ekman-Larsson, Pietrangelo, Vatanen, Wiercioch, Murray, Zadorov, McCabe
    G : Fleury, Elliott, Darling

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by edesjardins View Post
    On one side we hear that Edmonton his shopping Gagner for a puck moving D, on the other side we have people in Carolina asking why McBain and Murphy are benched. Could we have a match?
    Yes, but since when have trades ever made sense?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Yes, but since when have trades ever made sense?
    So true. People in Carolina are not happy from what I've heard/read. McBain should either be moved or played. I suspect that the Canes want to see what they really have with Faulk before pulling the trigger on a deal. Otherwise, that could backfire quite badly. It is also entirely possible that McBain is not the one being moved and that the coaching staff/management are showcasing someone else. I can't really see who though... Gleason is the only post-cup guy still with the team, and the only semblance of toughness on the blue line. Pitkanen and Kaberle were only just signed. Maybe Allen? But he's been great for the Canes since being acquired at the deadline last year (Canes are short on big, strong guys to clear the crease to make Ward's life easier). Faulk has shown a physical side so maybe he could take over Allen's spot? A lot of question marks here...

And don't forget that Joslin is still in the mix too. Very bizarre to have both of these waiver-eligible D-men start the season with the big club. Why wouldn't they just start them in the AHL so that they could at least play?

Unsurprisingly, McBain's twitter gave no insight whatsoever. I was hoping for at least some indirect indication (i.e. angry tweets, short temper, etc.) but there's really nothing there except him following the Vikes and UW.

A lot of people are also interested to know whether McBain still has lingering effects from last year's shoulder injury but I have not seen anything of the like discussed by beat writers or people in the know.

Sorry I can't be of more help guys! It seems that we're all being kept in the dark!

More than anyone, I really hope that this situation plays out in a positive way for McBain as I just moved Brodeur for McBain and a lot of cap space!

Administrator

Looks like Murphy has been sent down: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377964
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

McBain was paired with Pitkanen again last night. He's been playing PP2, picked up an assist and was +2 last night. Encouraging news for those of us that own him.

Wrt another youngster, not so good news: Zac Dalpe left the game early with a LBI. No word on severity yet. This might have been a nagging injury, which would partially explain his lack of TOI to date.

Oh, and I should mention that Jokinen looks great. He's centering the second line and playing top PP mins.

Dobber Sports Guru

How's Tlusty looked out there early in the season?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Wizard

Any info on Faulk? He's been sat out 2 in a row. Maybe the Hurricanes should start sitting out Kaberle - he cannot play defense and his offense is starting to sag.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    How's Tlusty looked out there early in the season?
    Tlusty has looked great actually. As I've said repeatedly though, don't hold your breath for him developing into a scoring-line player. Assuming he can stay healthy (bold assumption), he could turn into a very dependable third-line contributor though. In a perfect world, I'd see him slotting in on the third line next to Sutter and Larose. Of course, Larose is currently on the first line but I said in a perfect world. haha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Any info on Faulk? He's been sat out 2 in a row. Maybe the Hurricanes should start sitting out Kaberle - he cannot play defense and his offense is starting to sag.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on Faulk. Truth be told, even when we do get info it's not super reliable. For example, Maurice had said prior to game three that there would be no changes to the line-up, yet McBain ended up replacing Faulk. There are some rumblings about Dave Lewis having a bigger role in the decision-making process but who knows if that's true.

Anyway, I agree that Kaberle has not looked great so far. Then again, he hasn't looked so bad that he should be sat and it is early in the season yet. He'll have a very long leash I suspect, both because of his past relationship with Maurice (Toronto) and because he's getting paid a lot of money by Carolina's standards.

If Faulk is going to play he's going to need to earn his time over one of Harrison/McBain, or hope for a trade...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sanity restored...

Faulk has been sent down: http://www.canescountry.com/2011/10/...lotte-checkers

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, looks like Faulk has been recalled today. Hmm, wonder why, there are no injuries on the Hurricanes defense. They now have 8 healthy d-men.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Well, looks like Faulk has been recalled today. Hmm, wonder why, there are no injuries on the Hurricanes defense. They now have 8 healthy d-men.
    There must be a trade coming. Only other explanations are:

Harrison is sitting and Joslin continues to waste away on the bench. (McBain has looked good so I would be surprised to see him cycled out again.)

Someone is hurt. (Haven't heard anything on this.)

Checkers aren't playing for a while and they wanted Faulk to get some increased development time with the big club.

An unconfirmed source that I found says that Rutherford explicitly said that trading a top-six Dman would have to happen at some point... who knows when that is though. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were true; then again, that the statement is hardly surprising.

Dobber Sports Stud

Any idea what they are looking for in return?

I can see a couple of teams needing a d-man badly: NYR, Tampa Bay come immediately to mind.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Man I just watched that 2nd period and they looked SLOW!!!! and dis-interested?? What is going on with these guys?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Any idea what they are looking for in return?

I can see a couple of teams needing a d-man badly: NYR, Tampa Bay come immediately to mind.
    I'd assume they would be looking for a top 6 forward since Dalpe didn't seem to be ready yet. I think Edm or CBJ make the most sense. Both are in desperate need of a puck moving defenseman and Carolina has an abundance of them...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.