Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Could we to keep the Konecny hype down until after my draft please?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    When Giroux was a 19 year old did you foresee him becoming the star he was? Probably not... not many did... he was going to be the 2nd line center behind Mike Richards and Jeff Carter for his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Giroux plays a gritty game... so does Konecny. both put up 100 point seasons in junior... Konecny did it in the so-called harder league to score in of the OHL in comparison to the Q
    I am not saying he doesn't have a chance. I think Giroux is much more skilled with the puck. I'm not looking at stats. Especially in pre-season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Surprised there is so little talk of Provorov and Konecny's outstanding camps on here!

These two are going to be absolute studs.

Exciting times for PHI and their fans.
    Any Flyers fans here could comment on Provorov's outlook this season, based on his training camp?
    I read that he's a lock to start the season in Philly, but I wonder if he'll stick around and if he'll be able contribute decently.
    I managed to snatch him late in my redraft last night and I'm pretty stoked about it.
    At least more stoked than the two GM's who lost it when I announced my pick, they thought he would slip until the very end...
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    I am not saying he doesn't have a chance. I think Giroux is much more skilled with the puck. I'm not looking at stats. Especially in pre-season.
    Makes sense for sure. I don't look at pre-season stats either. Was looking at junior stats. I am a Flyer fan so I want him to be as skilled with the puck as Giroux is. heres to hoping!

- - - Updated - - -

I was recently talking to one of the media guys from the Brandon Wheat Kings and he was told by someone that Hextall told the Wheaties Managament to prepare as if he is not going to be back in Brandon for the year.

Not sure how reliable his sources is... but that's what I heard.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Any Flyers fans here could comment on Provorov's outlook this season, based on his training camp?
    I read that he's a lock to start the season in Philly, but I wonder if he'll stick around and if he'll be able contribute decently.
    I managed to snatch him late in my redraft last night and I'm pretty stoked about it.
    At least more stoked than the two GM's who lost it when I announced my pick, they thought he would slip until the very end...
    From everything that I've read on Provo --- they expect him to be eating up top 4 minutes sooner rather than later and hopefully, by years end, take over (what once was) Timonen's ice time.. the kid is that good.

But only time will tell!

As an owner of both players in multiple leagues -- I am excited. But I'm even more excited as a fan of the sport of hockey. Provorov looks to be the next big time D (i.e. OEL, Josi, etc.) and it'll be fun to see just how quickly he develops.

In re: to Konecny. I definitely see similarities to Gallagher -- he has been the simple comparison for a year or two now -- but I think Konecny's offensive upside is a step further, personally. The kid has magical hands and a great IQ. It all depends on who he lines up with and how he is used. It is looking like he will get some chances on line 2 with Schenn and Raffl as well as good PP time. We will see in due time!
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    From everything that I've read on Provo --- they expect him to be eating up top 4 minutes sooner rather than later and hopefully, by years end, take over (what once was) Timonen's ice time.. the kid is that good.

But only time will tell!

I am excited to own both in multiple leagues.

In re: to Konecny. I definitely see similarities to Gallagher -- he has been the simple comparison for a year or two now -- but I think Konecny's offensive upside is a step further, personally. The kid has magical hands and a great IQ. We will see in due time!
    Quit Playing with me guys... you are just getting my hopes up as a Flyers fan... hopes that EA sports was right and the Flyers win the cup this year... quit teasing me!

Haha, but I am excited to see how these two young guys do in regular season action.

Dobber Sports Pro

BREAKING: Hexy confirms Provorov and Konecny will be on Flyers and he believes it's for the entire season. "They earned it."
    https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/stat...18965103726593

Dobber Sports Master

This is great news. If Hextall is true to his word, the kids are not on the big team for a tryout. They have made the team for the year. Furthermore, if Hextall says they are on the team for the year, then they have earned the spot over a pro player from last year. This is excellent news if Hextall thinks they make the team better. I'm excited to see them play.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I missed out on Konecny in my draft last night. I was going to grab him at 14th but he was taken at 10th. He's gonna be a good one

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Could we to keep the Konecny hype down until after my draft please?
    The hype train on this kid is definitely at full speed!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

I grabbed Konecny late (very late) in the draft in my sig. I am very excited to see him play this year.

I'm really not a Flyers fan, but with three of them on my fantasy squad, I find myself cheering for them way more than I want to!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I grabbed Konecny late (very late) in the draft in my sig. I am very excited to see him play this year.

I'm really not a Flyers fan, but with three of them on my fantasy squad, I find myself cheering for them way more than I want to!
    you are more then welcome to jump on the wagon and cheer for them full time... we welcome all... but its like a gang... once you join the only way out is....

Well that's maybe kinda harsh... but if you decide to leave you will never hear the end of it

How about that comeback!! Two big comebacks in just over a week... I am glad that they pulled of the win.

Looks like Mason has won the starting job back now... the last two starts of Neuveirth he was pulled (4-0 against Chicago) (3-0) against Buffalo and Mason motivated the team to come back and tie each game up.

Dobber Sports Master

Yes, great game last night. I was sooooo pissed off. Cursing at the tv. Excellent come back, but we should have never been playing like that. So many turnovers and bad decisions were made. Konecny and Provorov made a few bad ones each. Good to see them with a bit of leash to play with though.

I thought Konecny was one of the better players for both teams. He was on fire! He'll be a good one. He shows so much hustle. I'm really liking him already. That was a very good draft pick.

Dobber Sports Master

Figured an update on the season was due. Here are some random comments on things that I have been enjoying.

1) Provorov - this kid is gonna be an elite option. He is making plays that ooze confidence and he is 19 years old! His poise and confidence is extremely pleasing. He is already playing top pairing minutes. He is also the 1st line PK unit and 2nd line PP unit. He has been leading the team in TOI. His intelligence on the ice cannot be over stated. I could not be more pleased with what he is doing in his first year as a 19 year old. He is a real beauty. He will win the Norris at some point.

2) Voracek - as most people know Voracek is a beast. So strong on the puck. He can go around dmen with one arm on the puck and the other clearing the way. He is truly an excellent power forward. His confidence is high. You can see him trying absolutely crazy things on the ice. His crazy things are working 50% of the time, which is a high percentage for craziness. The future is bright if his consistency keeps up.

3) Giroux - a complete leader. He's having a good season. His intensity is consistently at a high level. Working well with Voracek, but it would be good to see a better option than Raffl on the other wing. Raffl is a decent player, but he lacks a spark. He doesn't drag the line down, but he doesn't put it on his back like Giroux and Voracek do at times.

4) Forward Lines - the lines are working well together. Like I said about Raffl before, he doesn't drag the line down and Giroux and Voracek do most of the heavy offensive lifting. It works. Could be better, but G and Jake are friggin great. Simmonds-Schenn-Konecny is also working well. Konecny will eventually put it all together, but he is still trying to figure it all out. He will be a 1st line player I have no doubt. His work ethic is high and his compete level is also quite high. He always wants the puck and I like that. Simmonds is the heart of the team and Schenn is still developing. It is a good 2nd line with more potential coming. Bellemare-Lyubimov-Vandevelde has been working very well indeed. I have ultimate confidence in their shut down abilities. Bellemare is especially good in that role. Cousins-Gordon-Leier is a good fourth line. Very responsible. All in all, its a good forward lineup.

5) Mason - he started out pretty shaky and his current numbers reflect that. Also, when he has a bad night, he has a real stinker. No in betweens. He's a good goalie, but if he can find better consistency, our team would reach the next level.

6) Giving the kids a long leash - Konecny and Provorov have delivered. Hextall has given them the green light and Hakstol is giving them the minutes and the confidence. I love it. They will grow in leaps and bounds with the coach deploying them in the way that he is. They have earned it as well.