Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

would any Flyers fans who watch often say Simmonds has begun his decline? He is a keeper of mine and love the guy but need to be realistic for the future.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    would any Flyers fans who watch often say Simmonds has begun his decline? He is a keeper of mine and love the guy but need to be realistic for the future.
    Simmonds is still a beast. don't worry about him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

I believe Hextall has done a solid job building his flyers but what's happening happening with Patrick is crazy. Doesn't even send him to WJC. Messing him up?
    What's your take FLYER FANS?

Dobber Sports Master

Patrick has nothing to learn from WJC so, I am unconcerned. The AHL would have been good for him, but he's too young I think. What I do know is Patrick made the team on merit. He's good enough to play in the NHL. Its a steep learning curve. I wouldn't give him 1st line minutes just because he's a high pick. You gotta earn that. He will continue to develop and he will eventually earn it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Patrick has nothing to learn from WJC so, I am unconcerned. The AHL would have been good for him, but he's too young I think. What I do know is Patrick made the team on merit. He's good enough to play in the NHL. Its a steep learning curve. I wouldn't give him 1st line minutes just because he's a high pick. You gotta earn that. He will continue to develop and he will eventually earn it.
    Fair enough. Good hearing it from someone who watches.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    I believe Hextall has done a solid job building his flyers but what's happening happening with Patrick is crazy. Doesn't even send him to WJC. Messing him up?
    What's your take FLYER FANS?
    I possibly would've sent him to the WJC, but it would've depended on what the coach wanted, and also the player if we got to that level. He's playing fine, and as Atomic Wedgy said, made the team on merit. I can see either route working, so it depends on team needs/wants and player needs/wants.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

The Simmonds Weal Patrick line has been pretty damn good over the last few weeks.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    The Simmonds Weal Patrick line has been pretty damn good over the last few weeks.
    Amen! The Flyers are in a playoff spot right now... and that division is tight from 2-7 so they got to keep it going. 3 points separate those 6 teams.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Flyers have an important stretch ahead of them... with the division being so tight they need to make the most of the next stretch of games:

Hurricanes
    Canadiens
    Coyotes
    Golden Knights
    Devils
    Blue Jackets
    Rangers
    Canadiens
    Blue Jackets
    Senators
    Canadiens
    Hurricanes.

Play 'should beat' teams in Canadiens (2x) Senators (2x) and Coyotoes.
    Then they play a bunch of games against the other teams right behind and right ahead of them in the division.

I would suggest the flyers need to win 8-9 of this 12 game stretch and come out with 19 points from these games to sand a chance at playoffs.

The stretch of 11 games to finish the season after the above 12 games includes games against:

Tampa
    Pittsburgh
    Winnipeg
    Washington
    Vegas
    Boston.

So the next 12 games are really important to accumulate some points because the final 9 games are a lot tougher.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The Flyers have an important stretch ahead of them... with the division being so tight they need to make the most of the next stretch of games:

Hurricanes OT Win
    Canadiens Win
    Coyotes SO Win
    Golden Knights Win
    Devils SO Loss
    Blue Jackets
    Rangers
    Canadiens
    Blue Jackets
    Senators
    Canadiens
    Hurricanes.

Then they play a bunch of games against the other teams right behind and right ahead of them in the division.

I would suggest the flyers need to win 8-9 of this 12 game stretch and come out with 19 points from these games to sand a chance at playoffs.

The stretch of 11 games to finish the season after the above 12 games includes games against:

Tampa
    Pittsburgh
    Winnipeg
    Washington
    Vegas
    Boston.

So the next 12 games are really important to accumulate some points because the final 9 games are a lot tougher.
    keep it rolling flyers! Big weekend ahead with games against Columbus and New York Rangers. These 4 point games are important.

That Metropolitan division is so darn tight it's crazy!! The team that finishes 1st in the Atlantic is going to have to face a tough Metro opponent in the 1st round!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Alright, Nolan Patrick. I don't watch a lot of Philly games, so his recent uptick kind of came as a surprise to me after his slow start, and I was starting to worry he'd be a long-term project to hit his upside. So, to those of you who watch more games, and look deeper into their system, how would you gauge his progression? Is he going to be a fixture in their top 6 next season and continue to grow? Asking mainly because I've got him in my farm and was offered Tuch and Vrana for him, both of whom I have been watching more of this season.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

Hurricanes Win
    Canadiens Win
    Coyotes SO Win
    Golden Knights Win
    Devils SO Loss
    Blue Jackets OT Win
    Rangers Win
    Canadien OT Win - huge comeback win late in game
    Blue Jackets Win
    Senators
    Canadiens
    Hurricanes.

Like I said they needed to have a good stretch cause the stretch to end the season is a lot harder.

​​

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Alright, Nolan Patrick. I don't watch a lot of Philly games, so his recent uptick kind of came as a surprise to me after his slow start, and I was starting to worry he'd be a long-term project to hit his upside. So, to those of you who watch more games, and look deeper into their system, how would you gauge his progression? Is he going to be a fixture in their top 6 next season and continue to grow? Asking mainly because I've got him in my farm and was offered Tuch and Vrana for him, both of whom I have been watching more of this season.
    Yeah i was going to post the same. Hes starting to produce.

He was looking really good on the second line with Simmonds... and now he is looking really good on the PP with Simmonds out.

Tuch and Vrana are both good prospects too... but I think you got to keep the upside of Patrick.

​​