Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Chillin View Post
    For the record, I don't want to mortgage our future. I'd only sell off fringe pieces like Read/Mez/Gus/Laughton and picks.
    Then you're not getting Ryan or Yandle, lol.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah if we deal you Ryan and are not getting Schenns or Couturier back I will be unhappy.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    Maybe we just need to chill the **** out? You can't create something out of nothing and that is what we are trying to do. Ryan wont be cheap and we dont have spare parts to trade away. Same goes for Yandle. I know its difficult to think that we wont be competing for the Cup this year, but maybe we should just build our chances with a bit less urgency?
    I think the Flyers are in a much better position than many do. Who expected Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Hartnell, and to a lesser extent Schenn, to ALL play the way they did last season? I wouldn't call the Flyers cup favourites, but I would call them cup contenders, as I would to a very select few other teams. Bryz will be way more settled. The addition of Luke may be the most important part of all this, because it should hopefully be the catalyst push Brayden and propel his NHL career.

I agree with the relax sentiment. However, I also view this team as being better than most are giving them credit for. Should be an excellent season

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    I think the Flyers are in a much better position than many do. Who expected Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, Read, Simmonds, Hartnell, and to a lesser extent Schenn, to ALL play the way they did last season? I wouldn't call the Flyers cup favourites, but I would call them cup contenders, as I would to a very select few other teams. Bryz will be way more settled. The addition of Luke may be the most important part of all this, because it should hopefully be the catalyst push Brayden and propel his NHL career.

I agree with the relax sentiment. However, I also view this team as being better than most are giving them credit for. Should be an excellent season
    Me? Relax?

How are those bruises from the 2010 cup run?
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Pro

Me? Relax?

How are those bruises from the 2010 cup run?
    Hahaha they healed. Unfortunately, I didn't get many from the last two years of playoffs. Did you ever get that 'officially licensed' Bruins shirt back? That thing was a beauty. Best looking good luck charm I have ever seen.

The Flyers should be going deep into the playoffs for years to come with the core they have and the ability to always spend to the cap.

Give Dylan a shout if you are around tomorrow (Friday). Some sort of festivities are going to ensue in the afternoon.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Padawan

My uncle still has my Bruins shirt! He ****ing tried to sabotage our playoff run against his Canadiens. I'll see about tomorrow afternoon. Gotta save up my cash for China!

I think the Flyers are smart to hold on to a lot of their young guys. Without question. We'll have a great core fore years to come, but let's be serious... Holmgren is possibly the most aggressive GM out there. For him to standpat is going to be nearly impossible, even if he wants to.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

Rotoworld:

Luke Schenn - D - Flyers

Luke Schenn will probably get a look on Philadelphia's second pairing next season with Andrej Meszaros sidelined following surgery to repair a torn right Achilles tendon.
    Meszaros is listed as being out indefinitely for now, with a better prognosis expected in about six weeks, but he could miss a sizable chunk of the 2012-13 campaign as a result of the ailment. Schenn could line up alongside Kimmo Timonen, with Braydon Coburn and Nick Grossmann as the top pairing. Off-season signing Bruno Gervais will probably enter the picture on the Flyers' third pairing with either Marc-Andre Bourdon, Erik Gustafsson, Andreas Lilja or Brandon Manning.
    Related: Andrej Meszaros
    Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
    Aug 8 - 10:44 AM

Schenn with Timonen intrigues me for some reason. Hope everything works out in the back end.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Intrigues me too, Huss. As soon as I read that I thought, "Who better to teach the kid how to be a great all around defenseman?" Maybe - and I mea MAYBE - Chris Pronger. Timonen is a work horse and completely undervalued in the NHL.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO

Banned

problem with Coburn-Grossman is they both shoot left. They needed to get a RD regardless of Meszaros' injury, they have too many lefties.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    problem with Coburn-Grossman is they both shoot left. They needed to get a RD regardless of Meszaros' injury, they have too many lefties.
    Isn't that why we traded for Schenn? Timonen shoots left too.

I was under the impression that Schenn will be relied upon more for his physical game than his shooting or offence.

Does this mean we try to sign a UFA that shoots right? Martinek? Kubina? Foster? There seems to be slim pickings around the league for a guy who shoots right.

I'm slowly becoming a little more okay with the Schenn acquisition... That is until JVR breaks out this year.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO

Banned

Isn't that why we traded for Schenn? Timonen shoots left too.

I was under the impression that Schenn will be relied upon more for his physical game than his shooting or offence.
    yeah, Schenn doesn't provide offense. When I say they need somebody to shoot right, it's to play the right side. You don't want a leftie playing on the right side if he isn't comfortable there. Schenn's pretty much the only rightie they have right now.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Gervais is also a right handed shot, and putting him in the lineup would leave us with only one left/left pairing.

Coburn/Gustafsson
    Timonen/Schenn
    Grossmann/Gervais
    Lilja

Dobber Sports Ninja

Couple of contract signings for the Flyers today,

Scott Laughton signed his ELC today
    Marc-Andre Bourdon re-signed for 2 years, $1.225M

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow, now Lilja rumoured to be out for 4 months with hip surgery.

Dobber Sports Ace

not sure how many more blows to the D corp they can handle. lilja not a huge loss but as has been said, with the losses on the blueline already and now meszaros and lilja out with injuries, depth is starting to be an issue. i would lthink the flyers need to find a stop gap at a minimum as the pickins are slim out there right now.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk