Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasy Mailbag - January 17

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by Rudawg View Post
    Hey Justin,
    I posed this question in the forum, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

In reference to my sig team below, would you trade Neuvirth for Brodeur? I'm currently holding down first place, but it's a pretty tight race (top 3 within 3 pts). So I'm looking to win this year.
    By owning Fleury and Rask, it's almost guaranteed I won't be keeping Neuvirth, so I think he could be a good trade commodity. Brodeur has been playing better and he would give me a consistent starter which Neuvirth is not.

It's also important to note the current owner of Brodeur also owns Varlamov.

Thoughts?
    You have Rask and Fleury!? I'd have no problem letting Neuvirth go for Brodeur. I also think Brodeur is on the rise (as I wrote about last week in my school of block) and he could be strong again next year....but that's probably it. And he'll probably have pretty weak stretches. But if he ends up strong this season, you can trade him while his value is high.

I guess you'd have to also hope that the owner would want Neuvirth and Varlamov ... which wouldn't be a bad situation by any means (previous question I answered was that situation).

Rask and Fleury are plenty potent for you to give up a goalie like Neuvirth ... especially if the Caps choose to keep Varly and Neuvy for next season.

Keepers: Any 6

C: M. Koivu, Ribeiro, Steen
    LW: *D.Sedin, *Nash, Lucic, T. Ruutu
    RW: *St.Louis, Hossa, J. Williams, Havlat, Downie
    D: Phaneuf, Subban, Karlsson, Timonen, Bouwmeester
    G: *Fleury, *Rask, Neuvirth
    IR: *Spezza, Oshie

Dobber Sports Ace

What do you see happening in Washington with Varly and Neuvirth next season?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hey Justin, I'm looking to trade a Goalie for an upgrade at F and was wondering your 3 year thoughts on these 3 guys. Ultimately I would deal the one with the least upside as they are all pretty good imo. Thanks!

Pekka Rinne
    Jaro Halak
    Jonas Hiller
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Giant

Hey Justin!

Thanks for doing this every week! It's really appreciated!

Two questions for you:

1 - Do you have more information about Chris Mason's injury? The Trashers seems really vague aside from what can be found on Rotoworld...

2 - Would you deal Miller for Rask, CMason and Colborne in the dynasty league in my sig? I would definitely save some cap by doing this move and since we have playoffs occuring during the real NHL playoff, Rask has some value as BOS should make the playoffs more often than BUF in the near future. However, this will most probably hurt me in my goalie starts as Rask can struggle to get starts this season and maybe next year.

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Rask

Ditto.....thanks for any advice here.

In a "dynasty" league...i am trying to make some trades but i have to decide between keeping Rask or Pavelec...it is very deep league also and this decision will be critical to me being competitive next year and into the future.

in another league i have to decide between Rask and Crawford....

I'm a huge Rask fan, but how long do i wait? I can't compete next year if i keep him and he is merely a backup.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    It's really hard to go against size and quickness set like Lindback has. And I think Korn is a much better mentor and goalie coach compared to Ranford. I know those are two pretty random aspects of the two goalies, but looking at a dynasty league, you want a goalie that's got more long-term traits. And obviously Lindback's size and guidance is one up on Bernier.
    !
    Has Bernier's value really taken this big hit that you'd consider Lindback as a better long-term keeper than him?