Thread: Offered this for my Hall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Offered this for my Hall

A dude offered me his Savard and Weber for my Hall.

This is his team:

Boyes J Thornton Tavares Seguin Skinner J Staal Savard Morrow Gaborik Knuble Clowe Selanne

Jovanovski E Johnson Green Weber

Halak Rinne Auld Pickard Khabibulin Conklin

I don't like the iffyness of Savard coming off of a concussion, but at the same time I want to WIN NOW. Whats a good counter that would give my squad an advantage?
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't like this deal either. Savard has had injury problems since his days in Calgary. He's at the back end of his prime as well. Also as you pointed out, serious concussions are iffy.

As for a counter it depends. Are you willing to deal Hall? What place are you in? Your opponent seems to have either aging stars or injury prone stars. I like Staal as a target though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sausage View Post
    I don't like this deal either. Savard has had injury problems since his days in Calgary. He's at the back end of his prime as well. Also as you pointed out, serious concussions are iffy.

As for a counter it depends. Are you willing to deal Hall? What place are you in? Your opponent seems to have either aging stars or injury prone stars. I like Staal as a target though.

I am willing to dish Hall to get a guy that is is in his prime right now(Whether that is an upgrade at D or F). Ultimately, I want to package 2 of my players for a more elite option, but no one in my league is biting as of now. Not really digging Jordan Staal.

Thanks for the feedback Sausage
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Oh, and I am around the middle of the pack, 6 or 7th place out of 12 teams. We have 3 divisions of 4 teams each.

G-Rask, Price
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry my bad..I thought Eric Staal. I don't dig 50pt Jordan either.

The only players of his that I like that still have to hit their prime are Green and Rinne. I think Thornton is on the downside of his career but still has some 80pt seasons left. Gaborik is so scary I don't think it's worth it. He has a lot of young players as well like Tavares and Skinner.

The only players that really help you now that would be worth dealing Hall would be Thornton or Green. Also his 2 good goalies in Halak or Rinne. If goaltending is costing you wins I might target one of his goalies

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree that the only guys that truly help you here are Thornton and Green. Although I disagree that Thornton is on the downside. He still has several elite seasons in him. I would target Green though. You have a lot of young beauties on your D and I would like for you to grab a thoroughbred you can rely on like Green. Why not trade Carlson/Hall for Green? Seems expensive, no doubt but Green is the best in the business and this trade really helps you for this year. Now I know a lot of guys here are going to argue that's too much (and it may very well be) but if I had Green this is the only option I would consider from you team and judging this GM (based on his team) he loves young beauties so he could be intrigued by it.

Good luck~
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Actually, looking at both teams a little closer I would offer him this:

Spezza/Hall/Carlson for his Thornton/Green

I like Spezza but the guy can't be relied on to play a whole season. As I mentioned in my previous post, Thornton is going to be elite (and healthy) for several seasons yet, so I think this trade helps you out a lot this year.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)