Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Red Wings

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Detroit Red Wings

ask and ye shall receive

thanks
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Immortal

The transition is in full swing now. 8 goals and Zberg only picks up 1 assist and Larkin/Mantha led the way. Anyone else notice Mike Green has 17 points?? Woah.

Dobber Sports Deity

There's an interesting thread rolling on Twitter in the past day about whether Ken Holland is a good GM in todays climate. It was started by Andrew Walker of Sportsnet 650 out of BC.

Here's the opening tweet that started the whole thing.

https://twitter.com/AndrewWalker650/...97378752360450

Ken Holland could run my hockey team any day. Efforts to paint him as some sort of senile Mr. Magoo who doesn't understand the current climate are ill informed and reek of agenda
    A couple of the interesting replies that really jumped out at me:

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/st...50388057473024

Skeptical of the "nobody drafts or develops better than Ken Holland" point. Detroit has drafted one player since 2006 that has reached 400 GP, and they traded him eight months after they drafted him.
    https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/st...52204061048834

The Red Wings are the biggest mess in the NHL right now. Big club is bad and full of bad contracts. Griffins have the 2nd-worst rate of youth contribution (http://faceoffcircle.ca/2018/01/13/a...hl-affiliates/ …). They have no blue chip prospects, and their current youth will be vets before they can fix this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Results say Holland should go. The team was a powerhouse once upon a time but enough time has passed with constant decline.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oh ya. The league has passed him by. As an obvious fan Im not one to think they got "lucky" all those years drafting late. They had a scouting advantage and exploited it for incredible returns. But now everyone has blown past them. They have barely drafted a single NHL calibre defenseman since what.....Kronwall???

Time for TB to win and Detroit to bring in Yzerman.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Lots of rumours Vancouver wants to boot Benning so they can bring in Holland
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Lots of rumours Vancouver wants to boot Benning so they can bring in Holland
    Thats funny because Vancouver finally looks like it's going in the right direction while Detroit looks like it's been going wrong for a bit now.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

These two are still going at it. LOL!

https://twitter.com/AndrewWalker650/...62443162349568

That’s a convenient date. There’s 8 other guys since who will for sure play much more than 400 games. And that doesn’t count the last three drafts, where of course nobody has played 400. You’re entitled to your opinion but that’s a silly arbitrary date Jeff
    https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/st...63018146902016

Okay, we'll do ten years. Ten years is not arbitrary.

Number is now zero. Better?
    https://twitter.com/AndrewWalker650/...63770907123712

in the last 7 years, there have been 5 players drafted who have played 400 games. Must be a bad prospect era
    https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/st...69491744923650

Add three years and you’ll find 70ish more. None with the winged wheel. I don’t think you can lay claim to elite at harvesting youth when you’re going 0 for 80 in a league of 30/31
    https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/st...71568542003200

and that’s just using survivalhood. An actual star? It’s been 15+ years since they’ve drafted a top line / pair player. That’s closer to catastrophic than it is to the best

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thats funny because Vancouver finally looks like it's going in the right direction while Detroit looks like it's been going wrong for a bit now.
    I agree. Trades, not his strong suit... Drafting, scouting is. It took two years to establish the scouting team/system he wanted. We're seeing what he can do when given autonomy. Best case scenario - they set it up a bit more like Toronto, - move Benning to Dir. Scouting & bring in Holland to deal with trades, roster management.

Lots of rumours surrounding Julien Brisbois as well, the Asst GM in TB. Getting anyone from that system to run yours is going to be huge. I expect Det to push hard for him as a replacement

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I agree. Trades, not his strong suit... Drafting, scouting is. It took two years to establish the scouting team/system he wanted. We're seeing what he can do when given autonomy. Best case scenario - they set it up a bit more like Toronto, - move Benning to Dir. Scouting & bring in Holland to deal with trades, roster management.

Lots of rumours surrounding Julien Brisbois as well, the Asst GM in TB. Getting anyone from that system to run yours is going to be huge. I expect Det to push hard for him as a replacement
    Now thats the name I've heard rumblings of for a Mtl replacement.

Dobber Sports Expert

I dunno last guy that was taken from Tampa and became a GM didnt/isnt doing so well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

he should be the front runner for Mtl...They shortlist GM options based on language alone... I suspect it'll end up in a bidding war for his services. with the complaints listed above in this thread on Det's drafting... nabbing a TB brain - will be tempting.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Please stop winning. It's helping no one.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Epic loss by the Wings tonight. Wow

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Epic loss by the Wings tonight. Wow
    Wow is right. I thought for sure the redwings were going to pull of a big win for my flyers when they were up 5-2. Ouch!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​